Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Defense let us down!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #31
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Never once have I not acknowledged that the D didn't help blow that game. However, the offense got the football with a chance to win and then Ladell Betts put the Skins in a position to lose the football game. "If the d made a stop..." Ever hear of momentum. Kind of a big deal in football...especially for a home team. You kinda get it when you should have lost, but somehow came up with a gift fumble from the supposed superstar running back. That helps you win a game. Especially when there are about 2 mins left.
Why are you acting like Ladell fumbled and gave the rams great field position, they went down the field like it was practice, the D gave the game away, plain and simple.
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #32
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Hes a goddamn back up, hes paid like a backup, how many times has he fumbled since hes been the primary back?
Oh...that makes it okay? He has less chance to fumble and still becomes the second most prominent fumbler in the NFL, but who gives a shit if he fumbles all the time...

5 times he has fumbled as the primary back this season!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #33
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Why are you acting like Ladell fumbled and gave the rams great field position, they went down the field like it was practice, the D gave the game away, plain and simple.
If he dosent fumlbe, we can run out the clock, kick a feild goal , and enjoy christmas. No one is letting the D off the hook, but you cant give that fumble up. PLAIN AND SIMPLE>
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #34
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Oh...that makes it okay? He has less chance to fumble and still becomes the second most prominent fumbler in the NFL, but who gives a shit if he fumbles all the time...

5 times he has fumbled as the primary back this season!
EXACTLY.

HES IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAUGE. He's not a backup on a JV High School Team. If its ok for our backups to turn the ball over, than we mine as well not even watch the skins on sundays.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #35
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Why are you acting like Ladell fumbled and gave the rams great field position, they went down the field like it was practice, the D gave the game away, plain and simple.
Why are you acting like I said stuff I never came close to implying? Do you understand what momentum can do for a football team? Especially at home? And my football knowledge is weak even though I've done nothing but quote stats while you just say "the D sucks..." No shit, I've agreed with that statement over and over and fuckin over again! Yes, they're terrible, but you get a chance to win and then blow that chance on a fumble that pee wee football players are taught to protect against and he's not at fault by any stretch? I've acknowledged the D should have gotten a stop, however, it's pretty damn difficult to stop an offense like St. Louis's at home, with the crowd behind them because they have the football when they should have just lost the game...do you not agree?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:12 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,523
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
And if Betts could have *held on* to his end of the bargain, we win.
Not necessarily. The Rams were moving on us at will after Springs went out.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #37
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,523
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
If he dosent fumlbe, we can run out the clock, kick a feild goal , and enjoy christmas. No one is letting the D off the hook, but you cant give that fumble up. PLAIN AND SIMPLE>
I agree that we can't be giving up fumbles, but none of this should really be debatable considering the fact that we were up about two touchdowns in the third quarter.

Our weak secondary is what really let us down. Even with the fumble, we had opportunities but couldn't convert.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #38
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Defense let us down!

the fumble by betts was huge. i'm not sure i can say it lost the game. it's kind of a weird situation, i mean, the defense is so piss poor that the offensive players need to play a perfect game. just like the game two weeks ago against the eagles, if campbell does'nt throw those picks, then the skins win. if betts does'nt fumble, the skins probably win but if the defense was anywhere close to obove average, the skins win both of those games regardless of the turnovers.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Defense let us down!

We'd be in the playoffs if the Defense was at least half way decent. Frustrating season, but I think things are still headed in the right direction.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #40
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
the fumble by betts was huge. i'm not sure i can say it lost the game. it's kind of a weird situation, i mean, the defense is so piss poor that the offensive players need to play a perfect game. just like the game two weeks ago against the eagles, if campbell does'nt throw those picks, then the skins win. if betts does'nt fumble, the skins probably win but if the defense was anywhere close to obove average, the skins win both of those games regardless of the turnovers.
That's a point I agree with 100%. However, I would assert that you know that the D is bad, so why wouldn't you play as close to perfect as possible? You know the D can't pick you up. Also, the D got you the football with a chance to win the ballgame and you proceeded to give them the ball right back. That's what gets me about this one. Everyone blames the D, it's hard to get a stop after they feel as though they've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:35 PM   #41
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
No, I never argued about the greatness of Ladell Betts, so read the site and get your facts straight! No, he's fumbled 6 goddamn times this season! What are you even talking about? Why don't you look up some stats before you decide to try to attack someone. And you know what? Clinton scores a TD on that play because he has breakaway speed...

Whatever, you guys are all right! 6 fumbles in one season where you've started upwards of 6 games should be totally excusable, especially considering 2 of them cost you a chance to win a football game. And if they don't, all of a sudden, they're 7 - 8 with a shot, albeit unlikely, of sliding into the playoffs, however undeserved it may be. So don't act like it didn't mean anything.

I've been consistent with my skepticism of Betts all year. How about you look that up before you try to accuse me of changing my tune.
Betts has fumbled 5 times and lost 2, according to NFL.com.

Other RB's who have fumbled as much or more than Ladell this year: Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Shaun Alexander, Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor, Rudi Johnson.

Other RB's who have LOST as many or more fumbles than Ladell this year: Kevin Jones, Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Edgerrin James, Chester Taylor, Reuben Droughns, Carnell Williams, Tatum Bell, Zack Crockett, DeShaun Foster, Dominic Rhodes, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Mack Strong, Shaun Alexander, Reggie Bush, Sammy Morris, Larry Johnson, Jameel Cook, Corey Dillon, Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, Travis Henry, Rudi Johnson

Yeah, he sucks. He's a fumble machine.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #42
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
Betts has fumbled 5 times and lost 2, according to NFL.com.

Other RB's who have fumbled as much or more than Ladell this year: Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Shaun Alexander, Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor, Rudi Johnson.

Other RB's who have LOST as many or more fumbles than Ladell this year: Kevin Jones, Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Edgerrin James, Chester Taylor, Reuben Droughns, Carnell Williams, Tatum Bell, Zack Crockett, DeShaun Foster, Dominic Rhodes, Jamal Lewis, Brian Westbrook, Mack Strong, Shaun Alexander, Reggie Bush, Sammy Morris, Larry Johnson, Jameel Cook, Corey Dillon, Ronnie Brown, Fred Taylor, Ahman Green, Travis Henry, Rudi Johnson

Yeah, he sucks. He's a fumble machine.
He has played less games then the others listed on that list, he is a fumble machine.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #43
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Oh...that makes it okay? He has less chance to fumble and still becomes the second most prominent fumbler in the NFL, but who gives a shit if he fumbles all the time...

5 times he has fumbled as the primary back this season!
I don't know how you figure he's the "second most prominent fumbler in the NFL", but you're wrong.

Okay, you don't like the guy. Fine, we get it. He fumbled. Yep, it's a fact. But let's not pass off your dislike for the guy as some kind of validated proof that he sucks, because there's plenty of actual demonstrable evidence that he in fact doesn't.

It's totally fine to say you think his numbers are good because the line is good, and that he isn't anything special. But if you're going to say he sucks because of something on a stat sheet, you can't then use the defense that on the other side of the stat sheet, his yardage the past 5 games, gaudy 4.8 yards per carry, and other solid numbers are bogus.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #44
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
He has played less games then the others listed on that list, he is a fumble machine.
He has started in less games, but he has played in every game this season. Nice try though.

Shaun Alexander only played in 9 games this season and fumbled 5 times, so you're looking in the wrong division for the fumble machine.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #45
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
He has started in less games, but he has played in every game this season. Nice try though.

Shaun Alexander only played in 9 games this season and fumbled 5 times, so you're looking in the wrong division for the fumble machine.

Yea but a lot of those guys get almost double the carries he gets. Give me a fumble to carry ratio and i bet hes pretty close to the top of the list.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32855 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25