Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Defense let us down!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #46
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Yea but a lot of those guys get almost double the carries he gets. Give me a fumble to carry ratio and i bet hes pretty close to the top of the list.
You'd be wrong, again. Ladell has 196 carries in 14 games, with another 29 today. There is only one guy in the NFL who has "almost double" the carries of Ladell, and that's Larry Johnson (at 383 in 15 games). There are about 10 backs who have 250-280 carries in 14-15 games.

I don't really have the time nor feel the need to do further number crunching to "prove" that he doesn't "totally sux0r!!1!11" but at least I backed up my points with actual stats. You're more than welcome to do the math and show me fumble per carry numbers, I'd invite you to also calculate yards per carry and give me a more useful stat of fumbles per yard gained, and let me know where Ladell shows up.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #47
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
That's a point I agree with 100%. However, I would assert that you know that the D is bad, so why wouldn't you play as close to perfect as possible? You know the D can't pick you up. Also, the D got you the football with a chance to win the ballgame and you proceeded to give them the ball right back. That's what gets me about this one. Everyone blames the D, it's hard to get a stop after they feel as though they've snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
Why are you making excuse after excuse for the D, Ladell made one mistake today, but hes also a back up pressed into starting duty and hes absolutely shined. I really dont understand your argument, you say the offense should play as close to perfect as possible, do you not understand thats what they intend to do every sunday, things change those scenarios. I really cant believe that people are saying its Betts fault we lost, I honestly cant believe it, he gave us a 2 TD lead he wasnt the one who gave it back, and he damn near won the game for us, how much more do you want from a back up, how many teams do you think would line up for Betts services? Sure he fumbled, but who put him into the position he was in, to have to try and win it again?

Heres the production from our back up:
car.-225-yards-1062-TD-4-fumb.-5 fum. lost-2

Ill take that production from my back up all day, your argument has no legs to stand on, you just keep bitching about how he sucks and we should play perfect because we now the D sucks, you cant be serious
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:02 AM   #48
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
You'd be wrong, again. Ladell has 196 carries in 14 games, with another 29 today. There is only one guy in the NFL who has "almost double" the carries of Ladell, and that's Larry Johnson (at 383 in 15 games). There are about 10 backs who have 250-280 carries in 14-15 games.

I don't really have the time nor feel the need to do further number crunching to "prove" that he doesn't "totally sux0r!!1!11" but at least I backed up my points with actual stats. You're more than welcome to do the math and show me fumble per carry numbers, I'd invite you to also calculate yards per carry and give me a more useful stat of fumbles per yard gained, and let me know where Ladell shows up.

Fumble per yards gained would be pointless to this talk about how much he fumbles (we are looking for how often he fumbles not apointless comparison between yards and fumbles what would that show?),and no one is saying betts suxs, he just has a fumble problem. Tiki Barber had a major fumbling problem but you would never catch me saying he sux.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #49
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Fumble per yards gained would be pointless to this talk about how much he fumbles (we are looking for how often he fumbles not apointless comparison between yards and fumbles what would that show?),and no one is saying betts suxs, he just has a fumble problem. Tiki Barber had a major fumbling problem but you would never catch me saying he sux.

What more does the man have to prove to you guys, he shows stat after stat backing up his argument and you still keep it up, look the point is he fumbled, RB do that, but by no means did he lose the game like many narrow minded fans are saying, there just upset and need something to blame this loss on. The fact that that other guy can not understand that its the D fault we lost today is pretty funny, he keeps saying we should know the D sucks already and with that in mind Ladell should choose not to fumble, yep its true, hes a moron!
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #50
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Fumble per yards gained would be pointless to this talk about how much he fumbles (we are looking for how often he fumbles not apointless comparison between yards and fumbles what would that show?),and no one is saying betts suxs, he just has a fumble problem. Tiki Barber had a major fumbling problem but you would never catch me saying he sux.
What's pointless about comparing how much yardage a guy gains versus how often he coughs it up? You're the one who wants to look at fumbles per carry, so you obviously want to find some way to show that per capita, he's an awful ball carrier.

Interestingly if you sort NFL rushers by average yards per carry, you'll see guys like Frank Gore, Tiki Barber, LT, Willie Parker, Freddy Taylor, and yes, Ladell Betts (9th in the league at 4.8). Guess what, all of those guys but LT also have 3 or more fumbles on the season. My point is, there is a positive correlation between higher yards per carry averages and higher fumble numbers.

My hypothesis: guys who run for more yard per carry have a greater chance of being "ridden" and "stripped", and those types of fumbles are often hard to prevent. I'll take that over guys who average 3 yards per carry and fumble a lot just because they suck at holding onto the ball in the backfield. *cough*ReubenDroughns*cough*
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:28 AM   #51
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
What more does the man have to prove to you guys, he shows stat after stat backing up his argument and you still keep it up, look the point is he fumbled, RB do that, but by no means did he lose the game like many narrow minded fans are saying, there just upset and need something to blame this loss on. The fact that that other guy can not understand that its the D fault we lost today is pretty funny, he keeps saying we should know the D sucks already and with that in mind Ladell should choose not to fumble, yep its true, hes a moron!

Im not saying the D did not lose us thios game becuase there is no doubt they did im saying Betts blew our last chance at a critical moment. Im not blaming Betts for the loss the man had a great game, just speculating if he held on to that ball what would have happened.
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 AM   #52
Camp Scrub
 
LINEBACKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: IL
Age: 29
Posts: 39
Re: Defense let us down!

TODAY WAS MY FIRST REDSKINS GAME!!!!!!! I live in southern Illinois and this was my first chance to get to see the Skins. I had 3rd row tickets behind the bench. (Unfortunately they were right behind the RAMS bench.) The game was a thriller with the wrong team winning.

First of all Betts is great. Taylor had some BAD plays today. Did anyone see how good Champ Bailey looked today and has looked all season. Looking back can anyone imagine what the difference in our team would be with Champ Bailey back and Betts as our starting RB? Plus that extra draft pick we gave away.
LINEBACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:20 AM   #53
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINEBACKER View Post
TODAY WAS MY FIRST REDSKINS GAME!!!!!!! I live in southern Illinois and this was my first chance to get to see the Skins. I had 3rd row tickets behind the bench. (Unfortunately they were right behind the RAMS bench.) The game was a thriller with the wrong team winning.

First of all Betts is great. Taylor had some BAD plays today. Did anyone see how good Champ Bailey looked today and has looked all season. Looking back can anyone imagine what the difference in our team would be with Champ Bailey back and Betts as our starting RB? Plus that extra draft pick we gave away.
Trust me, I know what you mean, but Champ begged his way out of DC, Gibbs didnt really want to get rid of him, he just didnt want to be here anymore
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #54
Impact Rookie
 
Twilbert07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 49
Posts: 594
Re: Defense let us down!

OUr defense sucks. They cost us the game, unable to hold onto a multiple-TD lead again. Gregg Williams had his chance, and he's getting worse. I guess Gibbs will keep him around, but I hope he's never referred to as a defensive genius again. Today was the worst effort in a long time by the D.
__________________
a Skins fan every day, every way.
Twilbert07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #55
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Why are you making excuse after excuse for the D, Ladell made one mistake today, but hes also a back up pressed into starting duty and hes absolutely shined. I really dont understand your argument, you say the offense should play as close to perfect as possible, do you not understand thats what they intend to do every sunday, things change those scenarios. I really cant believe that people are saying its Betts fault we lost, I honestly cant believe it, he gave us a 2 TD lead he wasnt the one who gave it back, and he damn near won the game for us, how much more do you want from a back up, how many teams do you think would line up for Betts services? Sure he fumbled, but who put him into the position he was in, to have to try and win it again?

Heres the production from our back up:
car.-225-yards-1062-TD-4-fumb.-5 fum. lost-2

Ill take that production from my back up all day, your argument has no legs to stand on, you just keep bitching about how he sucks and we should play perfect because we now the D sucks, you cant be serious

I'm not really trying to make excuses for the D. I'm not denying they screwed up. I'm not denying that they were a large reason why the game was lost. However, the offense got the ball with a chance to win the football game. It looked as though they would and Betts coughed it up. The horrid D did let the Rams score. However, let's say Betts doesn't fumble...who do you think wins? I'm not trying to absolve the D by any means. They're bad. However, Betts certainly didn't help matters and he certainly contributed to the loss in a big way.

All that said, I don't think Ladell Betts is a bad football player. He made a bad play and it cost the team the chance to win the game. You can't argue that. He didn't give the Rams the game, but he give them the Redskins' chance to win the game. He gave away the Skins shot at the win. I'm less disappointed in the D because I know they're bad, that doesn't make it okay, and it doesn't make it excusable, but when he fumbled I knew it was over, OT or not. The D isn't good and they helped lose the game, but they weren't the only ones, Ladell helped too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: Defense let us down!

This was just another in a long line of demorilizingly close losses this season. It just makes me sick, we are so close to being really good but we always seem to stub our toe at the very worst times. I think we'll at least get a very good draft pick from this mess of a season. Hopefully next season will be better, I know it couldn't be any worse. I guess we'll find out in about nine months.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #57
Special Teams
 
Crat92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville,TN
Age: 40
Posts: 474
Re: Defense let us down!

Please draft Lamar Woodley from Michigan! The pass rush is awful!
__________________
BEWARE THE MIDDLE............LaRON LANDRY IS LURKING!
Crat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:59 AM   #58
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Defense let us down!

i think we need secondary help, first
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #59
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,508
Re: Defense let us down!

People can sit here and bitch and moan about Betts fumble all they want. But I have news for all of you. EVERY RB FUMBLES!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT AND LOOK AT THE REAL PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Any Reskin fan who knows anything about football knows that you can't give up 37 points and almost 600 yards of offense and win. The team has no quality depth at all on defense and that's a glaring problem. Hell some of the starters are not any good to begin with. I guess our sorry ass front office does not think of bringing in quality depth. I guess our sorry ass front office thinks no one is ever going to get hurt. When Springs goes out the secondary is just not capable of holding up. Carlos Rogers and Sean Taylor got their asses toasted yesterday. I hate to say it but I love the way the Eagles are balling right now. They are missing Kearse and McNabb and playing great football. Where is our Trent Cole coming off the bench, rushing the passer and causing havoc? We don't have anyone like that becasue OUR FRONT OFFICE SUCKS ASS.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #60
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,508
Re: Defense let us down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilbert07 View Post
OUr defense sucks. They cost us the game, unable to hold onto a multiple-TD lead again. Gregg Williams had his chance, and he's getting worse. I guess Gibbs will keep him around, but I hope he's never referred to as a defensive genius again. Today was the worst effort in a long time by the D.
I don't think GW all of a sudden forgot how to coach. Sometimes you have to look at the players. The players just are not any good. Marshall and Holdman just can't get off blocks. Both need to be replaced. Or move Marshall back to weakside cause he's just too small for MLB. Daniels can't get any pressure at all. Rogers is looking like a total bust. Taylor just want's to do his own thing and hit people. Move his ass to LB cause he doesn't want to cover anybody. Fox can't play. I love Jimoh on teams but DO NOT let him cover anybody. Need I go on?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34621 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25