Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Clinton Portis over Ladell Betts is a no brainer

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #31
Camp Scrub
 
Eight in the Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 55
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

P.S. I know that my signature sucks..
__________________
"If I'm the fourth receiver, then that tells you how good we're going to be" - David Patten

HE LIED
Eight in the Box is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #32
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,413
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight in the Box View Post
P.S. I know that my signature sucks..

My signature also doesnt really seem to fit anymore... I dont have the heart to change it though.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #33
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
i agree, the skins lost because they did not score as many points as the rams. one play does not win or lose a game, especially not a high scoring game.

looking at it from the rams side, i don't think that strip on betts won them the game, i would say steven jackson,issac bruce and mark bulger dominating our defense had more to do with it.
I'd agree, if I'm the Rams, I don't feel like the strip won the game. However, if I'm in their shoes, it damn sure saved it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #34
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight in the Box View Post
On the bright side, the offense as a whole played well and we will receiving the 7th pick in the April Draft at worst. Start scouting them CBs... Merry Christmas!

if we go after nate clements in free agency then we should go after a d-lineman with our first pick


**preferably a pass rushing d-lineman as appossed to a run stopping d-lineman.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:59 PM   #35
Camp Scrub
 
Eight in the Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Age: 30
Posts: 55
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

I like the idea of moving Springs to FS with Taylor moving to SS (where he belongs), rotating in Vincent (if he is still around) and Prioleau at safety, while sarting Clements (if we get him) and Carlos on the outsides with Wright at the nickel. Springs would also be able to help at corner and Prioleau and Vincent can play a little corner as well in dime of quarter packages. Bye AA...
__________________
"If I'm the fourth receiver, then that tells you how good we're going to be" - David Patten

HE LIED
Eight in the Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #36
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,520
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
In the same argument that you said we lost because of Betts...you gave Taylor a get out of jail free card for giving up 3 touchdowns... Not sure how that works. If Betts doesnt fumble, and then we miss the field goal, is it the kickers fault we lost and still not the defense?

What about the defense in overtime when they let them score a TD?

my opininion is its a team sport, the whole team lost the game. you cant look at any one play because if another play had been different then that play might not matter. If we still have a two touchdown lead and were just running out the clock then it wouldnt have mattered that betts fumbled.
Bingo! Some people can't see the forest through the trees.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #37
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
In the same argument that you said we lost because of Betts...you gave Taylor a get out of jail free card for giving up 3 touchdowns... Not sure how that works. If Betts doesnt fumble, and then we miss the field goal, is it the kickers fault we lost and still not the defense?

What about the defense in overtime when they let them score a TD?

my opininion is its a team sport, the whole team lost the game. you cant look at any one play because if another play had been different then that play might not matter. If we still have a two touchdown lead and were just running out the clock then it wouldnt have mattered that betts fumbled.

Taylor gave up 3 tds?

The last time I checked, when a runningback gets the ball, you expect a lineman or linebacker to make the tackle. To blame a safety on a run or screen doesn't make sense to me.

He blew the tackles, no doubt. But when a back has the ball the safety shouldn't even be in the play.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #38
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
That was a first 40 yarder this year chief so hes not exactly an "automatic" kicker.
I was talking about Wilkins missing a 40 yarder. And he hasn't been automatic from 40-49 (who is these days?), but he hasn't missed from 30-39, so a 41 yarder isn't exactly scary hard for that guy.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #39
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Taylor gave up 3 tds?

The last time I checked, when a runningback gets the ball, you expect a lineman or linebacker to make the tackle. To blame a safety on a run or screen doesn't make sense to me.

He blew the tackles, no doubt. But when a back has the ball the safety shouldn't even be in the play.
Taylor didn't give up 3 TD's the same way that Betts' fumble didn't give the game to the Rams. But his failure to make a play and prevent the TD's DID contribute to us losing the game in the same way that Ladell's fumble did (by your own logic).
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
Taylor didn't give up 3 TD's the same way that Betts' fumble didn't give the game to the Rams. But his failure to make a play and prevent the TD's DID contribute to us losing the game in the same way that Ladell's fumble did (by your own logic).
Sounds like pretty solid logic to me. Had the defense been able to stop the Rams, our offense's 31 points would have won us the game. Had Betts held onto the ball we almost certainly have been able to win the game and run out the clock. Taylor and the defense contributed, in a big way, to our loss. But, so too did Betts' fumble deep in Rams' territory in the late 4th quarter.

Unlike the defense, Betts had a solid game up until the end of the game. However, you can't simply ignore his fumble at a very, very crucial point in the game.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #41
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

The fumble sucked. It didn't lose us the game, but he did blow a chance to win it. The D, however, was playing like crazy in the beginning. Losing Springs really hurt us. I know we gave up a lot of yards and points, but we were at least getting a little bit of pass rush on, which was nice to see.

Not having 2 of your best players on D at 2 different levels will really hurt you. I like seeng McIntosh in there, but definately not at the expense of Marcus Washington, our best LB by far... and Springs was having a great game until he got hurt...

Our Secondary is weak beyond springs. Sean Taylor is basically the only guy left out there. I've pretty much given up on Carlos Rogers, and I wouldn't even keep kenny wright on the f'ing practice squad. Ade Jimoh is a Special Teamer, but he played his ass off in there... they were just too much for us to stop.

They do have a hell of an offense when they're clicking, and our D is hurt and having a really bad year.

Portis is a superstar runningback for a reason.. betts never will be for the same reason... although he's been an amazing backup, I'll give him that...
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Three things that I saw which cost use the win.1) Betts fumble did cost us the game in the long run but it was not the only reason we lost and it should not all be hung on him. 2) After our TD drive in the beging of the 3rd Qtr. our O struggled to stay on the field and gave the ball back after quick series. 3) Our D was winded in the second half and never had a break in the 2nd half and by the end of the game almost gave 600 yards. My point is that we could blame just about any unit for the loss not just one player who Yes, ultimately made the final mistake that cost us the win.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #43
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
The fumble sucked. It didn't lose us the game, but he did blow a chance to win it. The D, however, was playing like crazy in the beginning. Losing Springs really hurt us. I know we gave up a lot of yards and points, but we were at least getting a little bit of pass rush on, which was nice to see.

Not having 2 of your best players on D at 2 different levels will really hurt you. I like seeng McIntosh in there, but definately not at the expense of Marcus Washington, our best LB by far... and Springs was having a great game until he got hurt...

Our Secondary is weak beyond springs. Sean Taylor is basically the only guy left out there. I've pretty much given up on Carlos Rogers, and I wouldn't even keep kenny wright on the f'ing practice squad. Ade Jimoh is a Special Teamer, but he played his ass off in there... they were just too much for us to stop.

They do have a hell of an offense when they're clicking, and our D is hurt and having a really bad year.

Portis is a superstar runningback for a reason.. betts never will be for the same reason... although he's been an amazing backup, I'll give him that...
I don't see how you can say that Betts will never be a superstar RB he has only had one chance in his carrier and so far has ran for over a 100 yards in each of his games. So until his numbers drop he is currently playing like a superstar so far.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #44
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,443
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Three things that I saw which cost use the win.1) Betts fumble did cost us the game in the long run but it was not the only reason we lost and it should not all be hung on him. 2) After our TD drive in the beging of the 3rd Qtr. our O struggled to stay on the field and gave the ball back after quick series. 3) Our D was winded in the second half and never had a break in the 2nd half and by the end of the game almost gave 600 yards. My point is that we could blame just about any unit for the loss not just one player who Yes, ultimately made the final mistake that cost us the win.
Like Gibbs says, "Were all in it together."
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:07 AM   #45
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Portis over Betts no brainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I don't see how you can say that Betts will never be a superstar RB

I'm Ms. Freakin Cleo... thats how.
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33442 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25