Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Shawn Springs Placed on injured reserve, Mike Rumph Released

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #31
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Likewise.

By the way, Betts lost that game.
Your right and the D giving up 570 yards had nothing to do with it.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,385
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Your right and the D giving up 570 yards had nothing to do with it.
It always falls on one person or one play.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #33
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,631
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Kudos to the members of this board who anticipated a potential Springs move to safety. It's not far fetched - GW has always liked corners and safeties to be versatile and somewhat interchangeable. After all, he moved Troy Vincent from corner to safety in Buffalo several years ago - before Vincent grew ancient.

The Warpath community, once again, proves to be the most knowledgable of all Redskin fan sites.

I think the indication that Springs could move to S increases the chances that the club gets all up on Nate Clements.
Usually I'm always wrong, but allow me to take this time to bask in the glory of being right 1% of the time.

Much like Kevin in Home Alone: Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #34
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I really like hearing that the coaching staff is considering moving Springs to safety, I think that's a great call and a strong indicator that Springs will be back... just not as the starting corner. I heard Nate Clements is already house shopping in the area.
This is true but until we actually sign another corner it does not make too much since to talk about moving the best that we have to safety.

But all indications do suggest that we are going to "overpay" (as one ESPN reporter put it) Clements to come to Washington next season
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #35
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,631
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

As long as we have the cash to MAINTAIN some people like Dockery and re-sign Cooley and Taylor, I'm cool with whatever they wanna' pay him.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #36
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
No doubt -- and I was thinking of Taylor when I wrote it actually -- Taylor's been labeled fragile but in the last 5 years, he's only missed 8 games. (and who would have guessed dude would have close to 1200 on the ground with a 5.0 ypc average? Crazy!)

So yeah, perception is a big part of it for sure.
I'd like to know what good perception does us if it's flat out wrong. Facts are facts. Springs isn't a fragile player.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #37
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,364
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

I don't understand those with concerns regarding the physicality of Springs playing safety. Have you seen him in run support? He hits hard. He'll be fine at safety.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #38
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I really like hearing that the coaching staff is considering moving Springs to safety, I think that's a great call and a strong indicator that Springs will be back... just not as the starting corner. I heard Nate Clements is already house shopping in the area.
is nate clements any good? b/c if he cant play i dont want him here.
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #39
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
is nate clements any good? b/c if he cant play i dont want him here.
He is probably one of the top corners availble on the free agent market - this is not overpaying like they did with Neon Dieon who was over the hill. Most teams with cash and cap space don't let their top flight corners get away - Buffalo is a small market team and will not have the money to offer Clements a $10 million signing bonus that Synder will pony up for him. Also Clement's agent put a clause in his contract last year that restricts the Bills from placing the franchise tag on him, so Buffalo won't get 2 first round picks if someone else sign him - now that is an agent who is earning his money unlike the Postons who don't even both to read their clients contracts (see Lavar Arrington fiasco).
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,385
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
is nate clements any good? b/c if he cant play i dont want him here.
He's the top corner available.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 89 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
Clements has great size and excellent foot speed and acceleration. He stays low in his backpedal and wastes very little motion when he flips his hips to turn and run. He can run with most receivers and, at his size, rarely is in a mismatch. He does an excellent job with the jam and is at his best in press man-to-man coverage. He excels at getting his hands on receivers and rerouting them off the line of scrimmage. He has great upper-body strength and is aggressive with blockers. He doesn't waste time with anyone trying to screen him from the play. He has excellent body control, change-of-direction skills and burst to the ball. He has outstanding top-end speed and can make up for mistakes in coverage. He has very good leaping ability and ball skills. He judges the ball extremely well in the air. He is a threat on punt returns or interception runbacks. He goes hard to the ball, always seems to be around the play and is a very aggressive tackler. He generally takes good pursuit angles but has mental lapses now and then. He gambles too much and will get caught playing off technique, looking into the backfield and getting beaten by a double move. He needs to improve his focus and concentration.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #41
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He's the top corner available.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 89 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
Clements has great size and excellent foot speed and acceleration. He stays low in his backpedal and wastes very little motion when he flips his hips to turn and run. He can run with most receivers and, at his size, rarely is in a mismatch. He does an excellent job with the jam and is at his best in press man-to-man coverage. He excels at getting his hands on receivers and rerouting them off the line of scrimmage. He has great upper-body strength and is aggressive with blockers. He doesn't waste time with anyone trying to screen him from the play. He has excellent body control, change-of-direction skills and burst to the ball. He has outstanding top-end speed and can make up for mistakes in coverage. He has very good leaping ability and ball skills. He judges the ball extremely well in the air. He is a threat on punt returns or interception runbacks. He goes hard to the ball, always seems to be around the play and is a very aggressive tackler. He generally takes good pursuit angles but has mental lapses now and then. He gambles too much and will get caught playing off technique, looking into the backfield and getting beaten by a double move. He needs to improve his focus and concentration.
i dont care if he is the top corner. look at AA, he was suppose to be the top safety and look at him now, he's crap. the highest paid safety rides the bench. i just hope the guy can cover someone.
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,385
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
i dont care if he is the top corner. look at AA, he was suppose to be the top safety and look at him now, he's crap. the highest paid safety rides the bench. i just hope the guy can cover someone.
Clements can cover, I wouldn't worry about him being another Archuleta. Everyone knew Arch couldn't cover well coming in.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #43
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

ok he looks pretty good.
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #44
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
i dont care if he is the top corner. look at AA, he was suppose to be the top safety and look at him now, he's crap. the highest paid safety rides the bench. i just hope the guy can cover someone.
Lets hope though that Greg Williams familarity with Nate prevents us from making the same mistake that we made with AA. Greg has coached Nate himself so it would seem like we would not be taking as big of a gamble with him as with AA. Plus the system we use is one that NAte is comforatable with - we won't be asking him to do anything he hasn't seen before.

I do worry sometimes though about giving out the massive bonuses because if they don't pan out the Skins will have to incur the deadcap hit sometime in the future (whether we incur it over 1 or 2 seasons).
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #45
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,443
Re: Springs Placed on IR, Rumph Released

I don't think Clements is as good as every one is saying.
He is solid, but I wouldn't call him Top Flight.
Unfortunately, Cornerbacks are hard to what ever team gets him is going to overpay.

I still think Springs(when Healthy) is a better corner.

Btw, Like someone said earlier, It's stupid to move our best corner to safety.
First, Springs hasnt lost a step. Woodson and Vincent moved to safety when they couldn't cover fast WR's. Springs is still our fastest corner.

Second, He is a little too fragile for corner, What makes you think he can play the more physical safety spot? Taylor is our FS, Springs would have to be our SS. He would have to play near the line of scrimmage and take on alot of blocks. No way he can take that pounding.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30952 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25