Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #16
Special Teams
 
Redskinhog1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: somewhere on this planet
Age: 51
Posts: 178
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

will this put vick on any type of nfl watch list for drugs?why the hell would he want to do something like take a bottle with a hidden compartment on an airplane anyhow?
__________________
Parcells' legacy with the Cowboys can be framed this way: Instead of joining Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as coaches who led them to championships, he leaves lumped with Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.
(ESPN QUOTE)
Redskinhog1963 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinhog1963 View Post
why the hell would he want to do something like take a bottle with a hidden compartment on an airplane anyhow?
In my mind, that fact pretty much proves Vick's guilt. There is no reason you'd take that kind of device on a plane, unless you are trying to deceive the security personnel.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
Redskinhog1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: somewhere on this planet
Age: 51
Posts: 178
Exclamation Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
In my mind, that fact pretty much proves Vick's guilt. There is no reason you'd take that kind of device on a plane, unless you are trying to deceive the security personnel.

since that part of the bottle did'nt contain anything,he must have been so stoned,he forgot he took/smoked it all then.he would'nt be the first guy to do that,but he may be the richest!
__________________
Parcells' legacy with the Cowboys can be framed this way: Instead of joining Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as coaches who led them to championships, he leaves lumped with Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.
(ESPN QUOTE)
Redskinhog1963 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
railcon56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

I Really could careless..What those player's do in the off season or there offtime.... they aren't true role models... parents, teachers, and Police are...
__________________
Run or Pass and Score ..We Want Alot More!!!!
railcon56 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

TAFKAS:

Moron means the person being described as such is stupid. And here's The Curmudgeon's Law:


There is NO cure for stupid!


Meathead may involve stupidity in which case it too would be incurable. HOwever, Meathead MIGHT involve being a person with some basic intellect who is currently psychologically incapable of behaving in a socially acceptable way. In THAT case, Meatheadedness MIGHT be curable.

So, if I had to make a distinction here - and it would be a fine one at the very best - I'd say "Meathead" is ever so minimally better than "Moron".

Aren't you glad you asked... ?
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

I just feel so fortunate to be involved in the Warpath community where the court of public opinion rules. Who cares about the truth when innuendo and people a few hundred miles away know exactly what happened in an airport in Miami.

By the way, I know that no one in this community would drink before during and after a football game and then drive because that is only a thousand times worse than what Vick was convicted of on this website.

By the way, I hate to bring truth into the forum but on a nationally syndicated radio show (nothing that carries as much credibility as a website where people shoot the sh!t all day long) the host explained what happened with Taylor last year. Essentially he whipped out an AK-47 and emptied the magazine. Now, do I care that Taylor did that? No, there are legal loopholes and he has just as much a right to them as anyone else. As long as he is K.O.ing our opponents than he is alright in my book.

The things that I read about Vick in this thread and the other one are an embarrassment.
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
OJ Simpson is innocent too - - right? That's what the law says so it has to be so.

There is a real difference between what someone does and what a prosecutor can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt in court - - particularly if that someone had a boatload of cash and can get expensively lawyered up.

If - I said IF - Michael Vick or any other well known sports star or celebrity has a water bottle with a fake compartment in his/her possession and tries to sneak it onto an aircraft in 2007, then that person is a moron.

Not a thug; not a criminal; not a sociopath. But a M-O-R-O-N.
Did you really compare Michael Vick to OJ Simpson?

How is the new gunrack coming out? Does it get in the way of the stars and bars?

You calling Vick a moron, now that is funny. Terry Schiavo had more brain activity than you.
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Man he is a Hokie and until he is proven guilty hes innocent and definetly enjoy mike do his thing on the field
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,442
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

this was on profootballtalk.com,sounds fishy to them also,and click on the link at the end to the snl skit,pretty frickin funny,wait,that link wont work from here,go to their site to click on link or try this link
Video Player

ProFootballTalk.com -- The Best Pro Football Scoop on the Internet
POSTED 7:14 a.m. EST; UPDATED 7:57 a.m. EST, January 22, 2007

SOMETHING SMELLS ABOUT VICK "EXONERATION"

We were shocked, but not surprised, by Chris Mortensen's report that Michael Vick will be exonerated for the incident involving a water bottle with a secret compartment and a pungent smell and a small brown particle that most likely wasn't a booger.

Vick, who did not publicly proclaim his innocence, likely (in our opinion) purchased a high-priced lawyer who pressured the powers-that-be in Miami into dropping the matter. The tactics likely (in our opinion) included a passionate plea regarding the difficulty of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the bottle fished out of a recycling been by a TSA worker was the same bottle Vick had tossed in there, and maybe a thinly-veiled threat or two that the lawyer would start suing people into the Stone Age if the matter didn't go away quickly.

And that's where the report isn't completely clear. Was the contention that the bottle with a secret compartment didn't belong to Vick, or was it that the bottle with the secret compartment was Vick's, but that it didn't have any marijuana in it?

If it's the latter, it hardly means that Vick is clean. Why would he even own a water bottle with a secret compartment if he wasn't going to stick stuff in it that he shouldn't have in the first place?

And if it was Vick's bottle, look for Vick to still be in hot water with the Falcons.

Meanwhile, check out this hilarious segment from Saturday Night Live regarding the Vick ordeal. It's not quite "D--k In A Box" material, but it's funny nonetheless.
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Did you really compare Michael Vick to OJ Simpson?

How is the new gunrack coming out? Does it get in the way of the stars and bars?

You calling Vick a moron, now that is funny. Terry Schiavo had more brain activity than you.
Haha. It sounds like you already have your mind made up about people too. I guess you're not too different from the people you describe. You fit right in!

I have some questions for you:

1. How do you justify attempting to take a device used for smuggling onto an airplane -- regardless of what is or isn't inside?

2. Vick insulted his fans in the worst way possible by giving them the finger, and telling them to "f*ck off". He also tried to deceive the airport security. Now, somebody calls him a moron for that, and you say he's wrong in doing so. However, you call him brain-dead for posting an opinion and that is better? What is your reasoning?
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I just feel so fortunate to be involved in the Warpath community where the court of public opinion rules. Who cares about the truth when innuendo and people a few hundred miles away know exactly what happened in an airport in Miami.

By the way, I know that no one in this community would drink before during and after a football game and then drive because that is only a thousand times worse than what Vick was convicted of on this website.

By the way, I hate to bring truth into the forum but on a nationally syndicated radio show (nothing that carries as much credibility as a website where people shoot the sh!t all day long) the host explained what happened with Taylor last year. Essentially he whipped out an AK-47 and emptied the magazine. Now, do I care that Taylor did that? No, there are legal loopholes and he has just as much a right to them as anyone else. As long as he is K.O.ing our opponents than he is alright in my book.

The things that I read about Vick in this thread and the other one are an embarrassment.
See what I can't understand is this. Why lambast people here on a message board for having opinions (whether you agree with them or not) and still stay here? How often, as Ghetto pointed out, have you insulted people here that you know nothing about? Yet that's ok?

I'll wait for your "Smarten Up" response
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 12:49 AM   #27
Special Teams
 
SkinEmAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BillysBurg, Va.
Posts: 489
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

what a dummy. It amazes me how having money makes some people even more stupid. He must have been visiting marcus, and got so baked he thought he was going to wal-mart and ended up at the airport.
SkinEmAll is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #28
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
See what I can't understand is this. Why lambast people here on a message board for having opinions (whether you agree with them or not) and still stay here? How often, as Ghetto pointed out, have you insulted people here that you know nothing about? Yet that's ok?

I'll wait for your "Smarten Up" response
Comparing O.J. to Vick is not an opinion, it is ignorance. I come here to talk about football not to listen to someone who did nothing wrong get compared to O.J. Simpson (which wasn't the only ignorant comment about Vick in these threads).

Obviously you are in your element here, Tafkas, since I bother you more than insensitive posts do. And, don't try to say that there was any humor in his posts since virtually all of them had a common theme.

To ask someone to Smarten' up would assume that is was an option.
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #29
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Haha. It sounds like you already have your mind made up about people too. I guess you're not too different from the people you describe. You fit right in!

I have some questions for you:

1. How do you justify attempting to take a device used for smuggling onto an airplane -- regardless of what is or isn't inside?

2. Vick insulted his fans in the worst way possible by giving them the finger, and telling them to "f*ck off". He also tried to deceive the airport security. Now, somebody calls him a moron for that, and you say he's wrong in doing so. However, you call him brain-dead for posting an opinion and that is better? What is your reasoning?
You don't have to make up your mind to see his point of view it is obvious.

1. Maybe he likes novelties, how am I supposed to know what he was thinking at the time. I wasn't there (and neither was anyone on this site).

2. That is your opinion whether it was the worst insult possible. I can think of a lot worse. Also, what if he intended to insult only a small group? I don't think he was giving the entire city of Atlanta the finger with that gesture.

Maybe you are right about him being able to call Vick a moron "birds of a feather...."

Was there a lot of thought in Vick trying to pull one over on them, probably not, but that type of thing happens at Airport security hundreds of times a day. Why is he being mentioned in the same sentence as O.j.?
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #30
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,151
Re: Vick's Bottle Tested Negative

Of course he is completely innocent. MV was heard to tell the gate security guard "SEE!!!! the bloody glove is to small to fit me".
Who among us can honestly say they don't have a half case of two sided concealed compartment water bottles for completely upstanding reasons laying around the house?
Get a grip! looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a?????????????
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.58287 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25