Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Let's do it: Super Bowl Predictions!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,030
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I think the fact that Dilfer has a ring is much worse than if Rex gets one.
At least Dilfer was fairly smart with the ball. Grossman still tries to throw it away when he's wrapped up or he forgets to bring it in close to his body and hold on to it with both hands. I just feel like when Grossman makes one good throw he feels like he can do no wrong and becomes very careless with his decisions.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 59
Posts: 863
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

First of all, I hate the Colts. So my natural instinct is to root for the Bears. Realistically, the Bears are going to get mauled. The Colts get after the quarterback and Grossman is terrible under pressure. I envision three pick by Grossman and Manning kicking the monkey to the curb and having a big day. The only chance the Bears have is to create havoc on defense. I just don't see that happening for four quarters.

Colt 35
Bears 10
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #48
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was saying that about Grossman last week. Out of the four QBs that were left going into this past Sunday, if Grossman were to come out on top I would be sure that the End of Days was upon us.
Winning in the playoffs tends to do little with QBs. No special reason, he's just one starter out of 22. Defense is half the game, and tends to control the tempo in the playoffs. Good offenses can be shut out entirely.

The Bears defense was the best in the playoffs after the Ravens got knocked out. They should have been the favorite to go all the way at that point, but a lot of the major media outlets got wrapped up in the Saints story, and completely forgot the Bears were the better team. I have to think the Colts would be favored, but we are talking about the 3rd or 4th best team from the AFC going up against the class of the NFC. I expect the Bears to flat out control the game from the 2nd quarter on.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #49
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
The Ravens defense is good, but they are not even close to the Bears, IMO. The Bears defense is the most physical defense I've seen in a while.

226 yards passing, 93 yards rushing, 34 points, and 1 sack is your idea of a "nasty" defense? Get real.
GhettoDogAllstars, did you not look at the rest of the stats I put up? I want you to write out all the stats I just posted, and then next to each of them write "is your idea of a 'nasty' defense? Get real." next to it, so you can see how stupid you sound. I am being real when I say this. Are you forgetting how the Patriots normally embarass the Colts during the playoffs because the Colts defense has been so soft? Well, guess what, that clearly didn't happen this year because their defense stepped up and helped the team do something they have not been able to do before. I'm also being quite real when I say that they've held many good players in the league such as Larry Johnson, Trent Green, Jamal Lewis, Steve McNair, Corey Dillion, and Lawrence Maroney to sub par games. You get real.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
GhettoDogAllstars, did you not look at the rest of the stats I put up? I want you to write out all the stats I just posted, and then next to each of them write "is your idea of a 'nasty' defense? Get real." next to it, so you can see how stupid you sound. I am being real when I say this. Are you forgetting how the Patriots normally embarass the Colts during the playoffs because the Colts defense has been so soft? Well, guess what, that clearly didn't happen this year because their defense stepped up and helped the team do something they have not been able to do before. I'm also being quite real when I say that they've held many good players in the league such as Larry Johnson, Trent Green, Jamal Lewis, Steve McNair, Corey Dillion, and Lawrence Maroney to sub par games. You get real.
How convenient that the stats you want to use are the oldest. Look at what they did most recently, please. The score was 28 to 3 against a mediocre Pats offense. That's not good. How is a defense "stepping up" when they give up 34 points to a mediocre offense?

None of those teams you mentioned have top 10 offenses. I'm not saying the Bears do. I'm just saying those stats are garbage, and so is your argument.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #51
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
How convenient that the stats you want to use are the oldest. Look at what they did most recently, please. The score was 28 to 3 against a mediocre Pats offense. That's not good. How is a defense "stepping up" when they give up 34 points to a mediocre offense?

None of those teams you mentioned have top 10 offenses. I'm not saying the Bears do. I'm just saying those stats are garbage, and so is your argument.
The oldest stats?! I'm using stats from this year's playoffs!!!!!! Yeah, the Patriots are known for having a mediocre offense in the playoffs, are you mental?! They have Tom Brady on their team!! Name one player in the NFL you'd fear more to face off against in the playoffs, please!!! Their offense didn't seem to be mediocre when they beat the Chargers defense, or are they not good either?
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
The oldest stats?! I'm using stats from this year's playoffs!!!!!! Yeah, the Patriots are known for having a mediocre offense in the playoffs, are you mental?! They have Tom Brady on their team!! Name one player in the NFL you'd fear more to face off against in the playoffs, please!!! Their offense didn't seem to be mediocre when they beat the Chargers defense, or are they not good either?
I meant oldest as in: the oldest stats of the ones you provided.

Here's a quote from you:
"Are you forgetting how the Patriots normally embarass the Colts during the playoffs because the Colts defense has been so soft?"

You are basically saying the Colts have a strong defense because they beat the Pats, and the Pats have had good offenses in the past (when the Colts couldn't beat them). Weak.

Anyways, let's look at the most recent game:
226 yards passing, 93 yards rushing, 34 points, and 1 sack.

Please tell me how this is indicative of a "nasty" defense -- seriously. They gave up 34 points, for crying out loud!

You also forget that their run defense was one of the worst in the league this year. A couple "good" games (your definition -- not mine), and all of a sudden they have a good defense? Whatever.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #53
The Starter
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 2,470
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
???? Explain tough guy. He just beat the Ravens and the Patriots. You don't think their defenses are just as nasty as the Bears, the Ravens defense was even better!


The colts give up the fewest sacks every year because the throws the ball away at the first sign of pressure.

Did you see the ravens game? he was 15-30 with170 yards and no TD's. 5 Field Goals is not going to beat the bears!

The patriots defence is no where near what it once was. No harrison and seymour was limited.

Manning is going to choke, Atleast I hope so.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
If I'm correct didn't the Pats have a short field to work with most of the game?
You're right. The Colts defense must be nasty. They weren't able to stop the Pats, but only because the field was short.

(sorry to be curt, I just want to make a point)
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #55
Special Teams
 
Redskinhog1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: somewhere on this planet
Age: 52
Posts: 178
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

the colts beat the patriots who regardless of record,are probably the best team ever in the playoffs.the bears and AINT'S
were good,but ne or the colts could beat either of them.i'll say 31-17 colts.
__________________
Parcells' legacy with the Cowboys can be framed this way: Instead of joining Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer as coaches who led them to championships, he leaves lumped with Chan Gailey and Dave Campo.
(ESPN QUOTE)
Redskinhog1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
I meant oldest as in: the oldest stats of the ones you provided.

Here's a quote from you:
"Are you forgetting how the Patriots normally embarass the Colts during the playoffs because the Colts defense has been so soft?"

You are basically saying the Colts have a strong defense because they beat the Pats, and the Pats have had good offenses in the past (when the Colts couldn't beat them). Weak.

Anyways, let's look at the most recent game:
226 yards passing, 93 yards rushing, 34 points, and 1 sack.

Please tell me how this is indicative of a "nasty" defense -- seriously. They gave up 34 points, for crying out loud!

You also forget that their run defense was one of the worst in the league this year. A couple "good" games (your definition -- not mine), and all of a sudden they have a good defense? Whatever.
In the words of Walter Sobchack, as played by John Goodman in one of my favorite movies, THE BIG LEBOWKSI, "You have no frame of reference here GhettoDogAllStar. You're like a small child who's wandered into the middle of a movie and wants to know...." Well I guess if I was you, I'd want to know how to make logical arguments, or actually read what other people write before replying, I hope you're not a lawyer.
Here's a quote for you, "You are basically saying the Colts have a strong defense because they beat the Pats, and the Pats have had good offenses in the past (when the Colts couldn't beat them). Weak. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Did you seriously not read a word that I wrote. I said they're a good defense because they held LJ to 44 yards, held McNair to 120 yards passing, and because their defense this year helped them beat the Pats, when in the past their defense has let them down against the Pats in the playoffs!!!!! How bout I think their defense is good because they held the Ravens to 6 points!!!!! 6 points in the playoffs!!!! How is that not good?!
And continuing on with your illogical arguments are you saying that we should judge how good a team is based on their last performance?! I mean, that's what you're saying right? That the Colt's defense sucks cause they let the Pats score 34, even though they still won, right? Seriously, think about that for a second. You are judging the Colts defense based on one game out of 3, how does that make any sense? One game against their arch rival, that everyone knew was going to be a dog fight. In addition, everyone knows that the regular season stats don't really matter in the playoffs, it's about getting hot, clicking, and getting healthy at the right time, kinda like the Colts defense.

I on the other hand am going to look at this in a more sensible manner, by looking at how the Colts' defense has played throughout the playoffs.
Average rushing yards for their opponent - 79 yards
Average passing yards for their opponent - 171 yards
Average points for their opponent - 16 points
HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT THAT AND SAY THEIR DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD?!?!?!
In addition, they've averaged 2 takeaways per game since the playoffs started!!!

Go sit in your tower.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #57
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,117
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

I must have missed it along the way but Ghetto and Gabe what are your SB predictions?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #58
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

I'll take the Colts
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 33
Posts: 2,761
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe1984 View Post
In the words of Walter Sobchack, as played by John Goodman in one of my favorite movies, THE BIG LEBOWKSI, "You have no frame of reference here GhettoDogAllStar. You're like a small child who's wandered into the middle of a movie and wants to know...." Well I guess if I was you, I'd want to know how to make logical arguments, or actually read what other people write before replying, I hope you're not a lawyer.
Here's a quote for you, "You are basically saying the Colts have a strong defense because they beat the Pats, and the Pats have had good offenses in the past (when the Colts couldn't beat them). Weak. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Did you seriously not read a word that I wrote. I said they're a good defense because they held LJ to 44 yards, held McNair to 120 yards passing, and because their defense this year helped them beat the Pats, when in the past their defense has let them down against the Pats in the playoffs!!!!! How bout I think their defense is good because they held the Ravens to 6 points!!!!! 6 points in the playoffs!!!! How is that not good?!
And continuing on with your illogical arguments are you saying that we should judge how good a team is based on their last performance?! I mean, that's what you're saying right? That the Colt's defense sucks cause they let the Pats score 34, even though they still won, right? Seriously, think about that for a second. You are judging the Colts defense based on one game out of 3, how does that make any sense? One game against their arch rival, that everyone knew was going to be a dog fight. In addition, everyone knows that the regular season stats don't really matter in the playoffs, it's about getting hot, clicking, and getting healthy at the right time, kinda like the Colts defense.

I on the other hand am going to look at this in a more sensible manner, by looking at how the Colts' defense has played throughout the playoffs.
Average rushing yards for their opponent - 79 yards
Average passing yards for their opponent - 171 yards
Average points for their opponent - 16 points
HOW CAN YOU LOOK AT THAT AND SAY THEIR DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD?!?!?!
In addition, they've averaged 2 takeaways per game since the playoffs started!!!

Go sit in your tower.
"You are judging the Colts defense based on one game out of 3, how does that make any sense?"

It's clear that you know I am judging the Colts defense based on the regular season -- not just one game -- as evidenced by the following quote:

"In addition, everyone knows that the regular season stats don't really matter in the playoffs..."

LOL.

Here's an excellent example of the ad hominem fallacy:

"Well I guess if I was you, I'd want to know how to make logical arguments, or actually read what other people write before replying, I hope you're not a lawyer."

Haha. Sounds like a "logical" argument to me. Attack the argument -- not the person.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, calm down.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
gabe1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 372
Re: Let's do it: SB Predictions!

LOL It's clear that you know I am judging the Colts defense based on the regular season. Haha, why would you do that, it's the playoffs.

"Well I guess if I was you, I'd want to know how to make logical arguments, or actually read what other people write before replying, I hope you're not a lawyer."

Haha. Sounds like a "logical" argument to me. Attack the argument -- not the person.

You're right, that's not a "logical" argument. I'm not arguing anything, I'm just telling you what I think. I really hope you're not a lawyer. Maybe you should follow your own advice in "Attack the argument -- not the person." And don't tell people to "Get Real" when they don't agree with you.
gabe1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36726 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25