Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

So, I heard on ESPN that Goodell is taking a tougher stance on repeat law breakers. They didn't say exactly what measures would be taken, but they implied that repeat offenders might be out of the NFL for good. I don't know how this will affect Jones, because they probably won't consider occurrences that happened before the new approach. However, if he gets into more trouble, he might jeopardize his career -- regardless of whether he avoids jail time.

On another note: I heard that he took his money to the strip club in a trash bag. I knew that he took approximately 80K in $1 bills, but I never thought about how he did it. I mean, come on, a trash bag full of cash? Have some class.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #62
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
So, I heard on ESPN that Goodell is taking a tougher stance on repeat law breakers. They didn't say exactly what measures would be taken, but they implied that repeat offenders might be out of the NFL for good. I don't know how this will affect Jones, because they probably won't consider occurrences that happened before the new approach. However, if he gets into more trouble, he might jeopardize his career -- regardless of whether he avoids jail time.

On another note: I heard that he took his money to the strip club in a trash bag. I knew that he took approximately 80K in $1 bills, but I never thought about how he did it. I mean, come on, a trash bag full of cash? Have some class.

He was in a strip club. Is there a classy way to bring money to a strip club? If he had class he wouldn't be in this mess.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #63
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Who cares if anyone knows anything about hip hop or thugs. 99% of the people trying to chase that lifestyle end up with a negative result.
Hip hop and thugs are 2 separate cultures. Leading a thug lifestyle may be a subculture within hip hop, but they are not one in the same. Having a hip hop background does not mean that you are a thug; and being a thug does not mean you are part of the hip hop culture. Just as playing football does not make you a thug or a felon.

Maybe the image of these 2 being synonomous (sp?) in some minds, might just be a reflection of an individual's opinion of what hip hop is. Just something to chew on.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #64
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
He was in a strip club. Is there a classy way to bring money to a strip club? If he had class he wouldn't be in this mess.
You've got a point. I dunno, for some reason I pictured him in a pimp suit, and designer glasses throwing benjamins to the strippers. I don't know what I was thinking. He was probably wearing sweats, with his dreadlocks all nappy and shit.

You'd think with the money he has, that he would have just hired some top-notch strippers and a penthouse somewhere.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #65
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Hip hop and thugs are 2 separate cultures. Leading a thug lifestyle may be a subculture within hip hop, but they are not one in the same. Having a hip hop background does not mean that you are a thug; and being a thug does not mean you are part of the hip hop culture. Just as playing football does not make you a thug or a felon.

Maybe the image of these 2 being synonomous (sp?) in some minds, might just be a reflection of an individual's opinion of what hip hop is. Just something to chew on.

Thanks for Thug and hip hop 101. I will go spend my time on a more worthwhile subject like watching the wall that I just painted.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #66
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
You've got a point. I dunno, for some reason I pictured him in a pimp suit, and designer glasses throwing benjamins to the strippers. I don't know what I was thinking. He was probably wearing sweats, with his dreadlocks all nappy and shit.

You'd think with the money he has, that he would have just hired some top-notch strippers and a penthouse somewhere.

I think it is kind of funny that he brought a trash bag. "Emptying the trash for the trash" so to speak. I know this for a fact, that dancer was thrilled to see that trash bag until her head bounced off the stage.

What a ridiculous event.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #67
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #68
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Thanks for Thug and hip hop 101. I will go spend my time on a more worthwhile subject like watching the wall that I just painted.
That's good that you learned something. Because in a way, the negative image of football, and more specifically the NFL, similarly compares to the negative image of hip hop. And isn't what this is all about. How the NFL looks and what people think of the league?
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #69
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

I read a few online columns about the NBA All Star Weekend, and yeah Vegas was thugged out completely. The arrests and violence outbreaks were tremendous. The locals were glad it ended and the non NBA tourists were rather fearful. NBA needs to clean up its image very badly. Unfortunatly, the NFL seems to have followed suit in pursuing this hip hop image and it will end up killing the league as with the NBA. THe NFL recently cancelled its preseason exhibition game in Beijing, they said the Chinese fans weren't ready, I say the Chinese just don't give a damn. I am a Skins fan, but I am not going to pay $85 a pop to see some glorfied "gangstas".
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,965
Re: Pac Man Jones Rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I read a few online columns about the NBA All Star Weekend, and yeah Vegas was thugged out completely. The arrests and violence outbreaks were tremendous. The locals were glad it ended and the non NBA tourists were rather fearful. NBA needs to clean up its image very badly. Unfortunatly, the NFL seems to have followed suit in pursuing this hip hop image and it will end up killing the league as with the NBA. THe NFL recently cancelled its preseason exhibition game in Beijing, they said the Chinese fans weren't ready, I say the Chinese just don't give a damn. I am a Skins fan, but I am not going to pay $85 a pop to see some glorfied "gangstas".

The worst part about All-Star weekend is that the NBA players were the best behaved, yet because it was their event they are lumped in with all the negativity.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37029 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25