Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #76
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The thing is we don't run many double TE sets in passing situations. That's why Pucillo filled the role of blocking TE last year, but there wasn't much need for another TE that could catch.
Yeah, I think we're fine at tight end, yet almost everywhere we hear it's a need. I don't get it.

If they want to find a Ron Middleton-type tight end (who weighed around 270 and did nothing but block his whole career) then we can find that very late in the draft, or even through undrafted free agency.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #77
Registered User
 
hesscl34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,782
Re: Smoot is a Redskin (Official)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? And when has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'"

Luke 15: 4 -6

hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #78
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Smoot is a Redskin (Official)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it? And when has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'"

Luke 15: 4 -6

I never really got into Shakespeare.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #79
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

mikes sellers is 280+ and blocks, pucillo is even heavier and blocks. both were used as TEs. i think the TE thing is more about depth than NEEDING a blocking TE.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #80
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The thing is we don't run many double TE sets in passing situations. That's why Pucillo filled the role of blocking TE last year, but there wasn't much need for another TE that could catch.
Yeah, I agree, but it would be nice to have a big body like that in the red zone or goal line situations that we can play action to. Dont get me wrong I think that Cooley does a great job in the red zone and goal line situations but it would be nice to have that option of a big blocking TE to roll out and find in the back of the endzone, almost like a tackle eligable. But we could also use him as bait on 3rd and short situations too.
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #81
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Yeah, I agree, but it would be nice to have a big body like that in the red zone or goal line situations that we can play action to. Dont get me wrong I think that Cooley does a great job in the red zone and goal line situations but it would be nice to have that option of a big blocking TE to roll out and find in the back of the endzone, almost like a tackle eligable. But we could also use him as bait on 3rd and short situations too.
sellers@TE in single back and I-form (with pucillo at FB).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #82
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
sellers@TE in single back and I-form (with pucillo at FB).
Either way that would work, I wish that we would use that more often. But I do like Sellers only in the backfield. If Pucillo could catch that would be best that way the D would not only have to worry about Cooley, Moss, and Portis, but also the other TE and Sellers flanking out of the backfield for a play action pass much like 2005. I just think that it would give us more options in the goal line and short yardage situations if we had a TE that was much bigger than 250-260lbs. JMO...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #83
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Smoot is a Redskin (Official)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I never really got into Shakespeare.
Ummm what???? Since when did Shakespeare write the book of Luke?

OK, I know I live way the hell out here in the boonies, but why have I yet to hear that Smoot signed with the Skins?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 AM   #84
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Smoot is a Redskin (Official)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Ummm what???? Since when did Shakespeare write the book of Luke?

OK, I know I live way the hell out here in the boonies, but why have I yet to hear that Smoot signed with the Skins?
its a done deal.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

all the details.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #85
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

After watching the Smoot press conference it's nice to see a guy who loves being a Redskin and coming home. I hope he dose well!!!! Love what he brings to the table!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #86
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,468
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Smoots presser was great. I also really liked what I saw in London Fletcher's as well. he looks like a great pu
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #87
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

london fletcher is too happy. that's gotta be bad for your health.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:19 AM   #88
Special Teams
 
Smurf85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 123
Re: Its Official Smoot Is A Redskin! (MERGE)

Quote:
Redskins | Contract update: Smoot
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:50:43 -0800
Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins CB Fred Smoot signed a five-year contract worth a maximum of $21 million and not $25 million as previous reported, according to sources. Smoot received $7 million to sign.

KFFL - Hot Off the Wire - NFL Breaking News, Notes and Information
Smurf85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28763 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25