Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #61
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,440
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
Davis got $49.6 million, $18.75 guaranteed, with $24 million in the first 3 years. They overpaid so much. He's not even that good.

ESPN.com - NFL - Cowboys finalize deal with prized tackle Davis
NFL teams really are losing their minds with these insane deals going to guards.

Anyone remember the shit we took for stealing Thomas away from the Jets?? I remember Lenny P slamming the Skins pretty good for giving a guard big money.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #62
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

thomas is better than ANY of the OL that's been up this year. hutchinson is better, but I mean, damn. Our OL went from being highly priced to being a decent value overnight. I mean, we could have gotten samuels signed and delivered MUCH cheaper before walter jones signed his deal (danny didn't want to overpay, but by waiting ended up paying much more than samuels originally asked for), but even now it doesn't really seem that bad.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #63
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #64
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
thomas is better than ANY of the OL that's been up this year. hutchinson is better, but I mean, damn. Our OL went from being highly priced to being a decent value overnight. I mean, we could have gotten samuels signed and delivered MUCH cheaper before walter jones signed his deal (danny didn't want to overpay, but by waiting ended up paying much more than samuels originally asked for), but even now it doesn't really seem that bad.
Yes it is funny what a week dose in the NFL or the sports world! Try to sign our 4 OL men now! Still we need to get back to the draft when it comes to lineman because you just can pay out these kind of contracts!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #65
Camp Scrub
 
BangCartoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 50
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
NFL teams really are losing their minds with these insane deals going to guards.

Anyone remember the shit we took for stealing Thomas away from the Jets?? I remember Lenny P slamming the Skins pretty good for giving a guard big money.

Some things never change,, Pete Prisco chided us for overpaying again for London Fletcher... yet never even mentioned the Nate Clements deal or any of the guard signings. The "journalists" and their personal grudges...
Fletcher's deal is a good one, and practically paltry compared to the goings on out there this weekend.

~Bang
__________________
Joe Jacoby for the Hall of Fame!
BangCartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #66
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangCartoon View Post
Some things never change,, Pete Prisco chided us for overpaying again for London Fletcher... yet never even mentioned the Nate Clements deal or any of the guard signings. The "journalists" and their personal grudges...
Fletcher's deal is a good one, and practically paltry compared to the goings on out there this weekend.

~Bang

We as Skins fans have to accept the fact that no matter what we do, spend or not spend, we will be critisized for our moves. None of us can deny the fact we overpay free agents because we HAVE TO HAVE this guy. We get blasted because a high % of those guys really haven't panned out (there are always exceptions) I do agree that we overpayed for Fletcher. I dont see him getting 10 million up front from anyone else, but could be wrong there. I think 6 to 7 up front may have landed him, even that may be a little high for a 32 year old MLB.
We have to get use to it. that is the life of a skins fan - get blasted year in and year out for spending money - and wait for a winning season, deep playoff run, superbowl birth to justify the spending. We just haven't had that season yet. But rest assured, when we do win (and we will eventually) all those same critics will say money well spent.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #67
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: Leonard Davis to Cowboys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
Yes it is funny what a week dose in the NFL or the sports world! Try to sign our 4 OL men now! Still we need to get back to the draft when it comes to lineman because you just can pay out these kind of contracts!
seriously, a 2nd round OG can be a high level starter for 10 years, and the first 4 or 5 seasons on that rookie contract cost less than 1mill per.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20770 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25