Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #61
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Bly wants his Snyder payday, for that reason alone it makes me leary of bringing him in.
This is True. It's like the old Woody Allen (Groucho?) saying about not joining a club that would have you as a member. The Redskins should be careful about signing people who want to play for them. Or, we're like the girl who has a reputation for putting out every Saturday night. We attract all sorts of loathsome characters who have only one thing on their minds - and we're so ashamed afterward. . The somewhat encouraging news is that so far this off-season we seem to be more restrained.

As for Springs, the trick is to keep him here with cap relief. And what's this about a pay-cut? Does anyone ever take a real pay cut? Doesn't the money just get converted to bonus to make up the difference? Although, someone said that Brunell had taken a real one so I need explanation. That Guy? Schneed? Canuck? How do we keep Springs for the least cap affect? Be creative.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #62
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Let me ask you all if Springs wants out and will do a Arrington buy out of his contract would you do it? Also with Dre Bly if Denver wated to trade Bly to the Skins for our 6th pick in the draft along with Devers 1st,2nd and our 3rd from the Duckett trade woud you do that? JC of Redkin Insider feels this has a real chance of happening. Pluse a later pick in the 6th round or 7th from Denver. Also the Lions have been asking about Springs.
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #63
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
Let me ask you all if Springs wants out and will do a Arrington buy out of his contract would you do it? Also with Dre Bly if Denver wated to trade Bly to the Skins for our 6th pick in the draft along with Devers 1st,2nd and our 3rd from the Duckett trade woud you do that? JC of Redkin Insider feels this has a real chance of happening. Pluse a later pick in the 6th round or 7th from Denver. Also the Lions have been asking about Springs.
This would be a great deal. Even if it meant giving Bly a big signing bonus, it would allow us to sign several low priced guys in the draft. It almost sounds like they are willing to give it up "a la Cerrato" to move up to #6.

Could be a #1, #2, #3, #6, and a #3 if we also trade Springs... AND we still end up with a good corner in Bly.

I guess we will see...
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #64
Special Teams
 
love them hogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baltimore for now
Age: 35
Posts: 235
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinPete View Post
Let me ask you all if Springs wants out and will do a Arrington buy out of his contract would you do it?


Ever since arrington bought out his contract the players association has changed the rules so players couldnt do that anymore.
love them hogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by love them hogs View Post
Ever since arrington bought out his contract the players association has changed the rules so players couldnt do that anymore.
that's generally right. he actually gave money back, but i think you might still be able to re-work your contract to exclude future guarantees that aren't yet payable...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #66
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,066
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Here's a question who's going to be our starting CB's this year? I personally would like to see Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers as the starters, because they're both fairly young, and if they can develop together I think they could become a premier CB tandem. Now the other question is if we keep Springs where do you think he will fit in? If we get Dre' Bly I think it will be obvious that he is our #1 CB so who is the odd man out then Rogers or Smoot?
I hope we make a decision on this Bly/ Springs trade soon so we can sort all this out.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Here's a question who's going to be our starting CB's this year? I personally would like to see Fred Smoot, Carlos Rogers as the starters, because they're both fairly young, and if they can develop together I think they could become a premier CB tandem. Now the other question is if we keep Springs where do you think he will fit in? If we get Dre' Bly I think it will be obvious that he is our #1 CB so who is the odd man out then Rogers or Smoot?
I hope we make a decision on this Bly/ Springs trade soon so we can sort all this out.
smoot is a good #2 corner, not a #1. bly/springs are #1s (springs is better when completely healthy, bly misses less games). rodgers would clearly be the nickel back. he's a good #3, and on his best games he's worth starting, but last year he only had 2 good games and a ton of crappy ones, so until he figures it out, i wouldn't start him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #68
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,066
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
smoot is a good #2 corner, not a #1. bly/springs are #1s (springs is better when completely healthy, bly misses less games). rodgers would clearly be the nickel back. he's a good #3, and on his best games he's worth starting, but last year he only had 2 good games and a ton of crappy ones, so until he figures it out, i wouldn't start him.
I agree with you, but then what does that say about Carlos? I mean we drafted this guy with our 9th pick, and he has only been in the leauge two years, granted he struggled last year but that doesn't mean he is not going to turn out to be a good starter for us. I personally think demoting Carlos Rogers to #3 CB is a very bad decision, and will hinder his development.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #69
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

sniff sniff somebody smells what i have been stepping in for the last few days now.
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #70
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

carlos isnt what he should be or what we thought he would be.
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #71
Camp Scrub
 
Skinz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Syracuse, UT
Posts: 65
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

I would love to add Bly to the mix because of his playmaking ability - he can create turnovers and that is what the skins struggled to do last year. I don't know if he's as good a cover corner as Springs, I think they are pretty close, but Dre makes plays and thats what this defense needs.
Skinz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #72
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I agree with you, but then what does that say about Carlos? I mean we drafted this guy with our 9th pick, and he has only been in the leauge two years, granted he struggled last year but that doesn't mean he is not going to turn out to be a good starter for us. I personally think demoting Carlos Rogers to #3 CB is a very bad decision, and will hinder his development.
nickel backs play a LOT here. I don't think it'll be that bad, an we could see more redskin victories that way, so i'm all for it.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
nickel backs play a LOT here. I don't think it'll be that bad, an we could see more redskin victories that way, so i'm all for it.
agreed... if carlos rogers is our nickelback, we're in good shape.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #74
Special Teams
 
Crat92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville,TN
Age: 40
Posts: 474
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
agreed... if carlos rogers is our nickelback, we're in good shape.
We're in Great shape!
__________________
BEWARE THE MIDDLE............LaRON LANDRY IS LURKING!
Crat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #75
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 559
Re: Dre' Bly wants to be a Skin? That's What I Hear

Here is something that I got off nfl.com. Dude is like 5'9"..... That is kinda short, and I didn't see alot of tackles either. But, the upside is that he can catch the INT. What we need is Springs to be a company guy, and Rodgers needs to play tighter on the receivers and we will be fine at corner.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30754 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25