Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #61
Impact Rookie
 
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: va
Age: 47
Posts: 890
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

That really kills our flexability. FA should be use to fill a hole here or there. We need to use the draft instead of throwing away picks like on duckett. That was a killer trade there.
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #62
Impact Rookie
 
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: va
Age: 47
Posts: 890
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

What kills me i know Daniel Synder is a very smart man. Especially in business, you would think he would see how the other succesfull teams are being run and try to the same. Use the draft,GM etc. Instead of just mainly using FA. Believe me i was so jacked when he got the skins. Thinking damn we have a young JKC here. Love what he did his first year when we had the Playoff game in TB and getting flights down there so we could get as many fans as we could down there.
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #63
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post
What kills me i know Daniel Synder is a very smart man. Especially in business, you would think he would see how the other succesfull teams are being run and try to the same. Use the draft,GM etc. Instead of just mainly using FA.
But a lot of teams don't have GMs. He uses the draft more than given credit for, and we're not the only team going after FAs
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #64
Impact Rookie
 
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: va
Age: 47
Posts: 890
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Yea but i think Vinny has to go he stunk in SF. Was good at ND. Yea but we seen to always to go crazy after we make the Playoffs like in 2000 and last year. Signing way to many FA or paying them way to much. Instead with a tweak here or there we would be ready to roll. But we lose our minds sometimes. The good teams like indy,chi,phil use the draft and fill in with FA. Not the other way around.
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

I think 2000 and last offseason don't really compare. 2000 was clearly a quick fix, looking for that instant ring. Archuleta turned out to be a mistake, and the Duckett deal completely backfired. But I think AC, El, and even Lloyd can be mainstays here for many years to come.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #66
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

I'm sorry, but I don't think the Redskins' offer to Dock was ridiculous. Let's face it, we all liked Dockery, but he was the 5th best lineman on the team and is a slightly-above average guard with some unrealized potential to be well-above average. Prior to this offseason, most great guards could be had for $4M per year with a signing bonus of about $1M for every contract year. Hutchinson is, of course, the exception to this rule, but Dockery is no Hutchinson and Hutchinson's contract shocked the hell out of everyone even though he was and is regarded as the best overall guard in the league.

If people have a problem with Dock's contract numbers, go look at other guards' contracts prior to this offseason and you will be SHOCKED at how little guards were paid.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #67
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think the Redskins' offer to Dock was ridiculous. Let's face it, we all liked Dockery, but he was the 5th best lineman on the team and is a slightly-above average guard with some unrealized potential to be well-above average. Prior to this offseason, most great guards could be had for $4M per year with a signing bonus of about $1M for every contract year. Hutchinson is, of course, the exception to this rule, but Dockery is no Hutchinson and Hutchinson's contract shocked the hell out of everyone even though he was and is regarded as the best overall guard in the league.

If people have a problem with Dock's contract numbers, go look at other guards' contracts prior to this offseason and you will be SHOCKED at how little guards were paid.
How pissed must Seattle fans be now that Hutch's deal is the norm? Last year they could at least console themselves with "Well, who would pay that kind of money for a guard anyway"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #68
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,542
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR View Post
Yea but i think Vinny has to go he stunk in SF. Was good at ND. Yea but we seen to always to go crazy after we make the Playoffs like in 2000 and last year. Signing way to many FA or paying them way to much. Instead with a tweak here or there we would be ready to roll. But we lose our minds sometimes. The good teams like indy,chi,phil use the draft and fill in with FA. Not the other way around.
He won a Super Bowl in San Fran
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #69
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,726
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He won a Super Bowl in San Fran
Well.........................there's that
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #70
Special Teams
 
redskin37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oneida N.Y
Posts: 135
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How pissed must Seattle fans be now that Hutch's deal is the norm? Last year they could at least console themselves with "Well, who would pay that kind of money for a guard anyway"
And next year after free agency ,we will be sitting hear thinking Doc's and these other deals where not that expensive after all.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #71
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 8,317
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin37 View Post
And next year after free agency ,we will be sitting hear thinking Doc's and these other deals where not that expensive after all.
I disagree, that is unless the salary cap doubles overnight.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #72
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

(SCENE: B. Llyod has just missed a potential touchdown catch against the Saints)

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: What?

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: I didnt' F*$*#G loose it, go talk to your F$*#(G Quarterback.

NOTE: this script is paraphrased

This is the type of shit Lloyd tries to pull with his crappy attitude. Saunders tried to give him a don't worry about it pat on the back when the play was clearly his fault and Lloyd tries to blame it on the Campbell.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #73
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 39
Posts: 93
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
(SCENE: B. Llyod has just missed a potential touchdown catch against the Saints)

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: What?

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: I didnt' F*$*#G loose it, go talk to your F$*#(G Quarterback.

NOTE: this script is paraphrased

This is the type of shit Lloyd tries to pull with his crappy attitude. Saunders tried to give him a don't worry about it pat on the back when the play was clearly his fault and Lloyd tries to blame it on the Campbell.
Wow thats not good.
where did you get this info?
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #74
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,456
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbecker999 View Post
Wow thats not good.
where did you get this info?
washingtonpost.com and post game. he also had sideline spats with randle-el. this isn't new info.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #75
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 39
Posts: 93
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
(SCENE: B. Llyod has just missed a potential touchdown catch against the Saints)

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: What?

Al Saunders: Looks like you lost it in the lights

Lloyd: I didnt' F*$*#G loose it, go talk to your F$*#(G Quarterback.

NOTE: this script is paraphrased

This is the type of shit Lloyd tries to pull with his crappy attitude. Saunders tried to give him a don't worry about it pat on the back when the play was clearly his fault and Lloyd tries to blame it on the Campbell.
I remember that game .That was Lloyds fault all the way. Nobybody's perfect
I'll cut him some slack for not making the catch , But own up to your mistakes.
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31311 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25