Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 38
Posts: 93
Brandon Lloyd is not a bust! YET

YouTube - Brandon Lloyd crazy one-handed catch

I've seen a lot of comments about Lloyd being a bust throughout various threads
Does anyone stop to think it may not be his fault?

Until the end of last year we have had a very conservative offense.
Also Brunell didn't exactly light it up.

With Campbell having some starting experience and Saunders system starting to take shape I believe Lloyd will be a very productive player for us.

The link is a freak catch when he was with S.F
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Assistant Regional Mod
 
EternalEnigma21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warrenton VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,953
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

I Am Not Going To Pay Alot For This Muffler!!!!
__________________
Need electrical work in the Northern VA, or Shenandoah Valley? Click here

...and why do we still have a Tom Tupa avatar???
EternalEnigma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

I'll say it was awsome but with todays standards thats not a catch.
1. did he have control before his feet slid out of bounds?
2. this is the big one: if you look closely when he lands the ball moves/bounces when it hits the ground between his forearms. I belive this would be ruled no catch.
I know this seems like I'm being picky but I'm not. I do belive he had a great catch at the beginning of our season as well. but one catch does not make a great player. Hopefully this year with Jason at the helm and everyone knowing Saunders offense better the ball will be spread around better.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #4
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

So are you saying just because he had a spectacular catch with another team makes him not a bust with us?????......but anyways I am rooting for Lloyd I hope he adjusts his additude this year and become a productive player for us.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll say it was awsome but with todays standards thats not a catch.
1. did he have control before his feet slid out of bounds?
2. this is the big one: if you look closely when he lands the ball moves/bounces when it hits the ground between his forearms. I belive this would be ruled no catch.
I know this seems like I'm being picky but I'm not. I do belive he had a great catch at the beginning of our season as well. but one catch does not make a great player. Hopefully this year with Jason at the helm and everyone knowing Saunders offense better the ball will be spread around better.

Don't hate, that was phenomenal. The feet were down the whole time and he had two hands locked under the ball when he hit the ground.

Lloyd needs to work with Rogers some.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 38
Posts: 93
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll say it was awsome but with todays standards thats not a catch.
1. did he have control before his feet slid out of bounds?
2. this is the big one: if you look closely when he lands the ball moves/bounces when it hits the ground between his forearms. I belive this would be ruled no catch.
I know this seems like I'm being picky but I'm not. I do belive he had a great catch at the beginning of our season as well. but one catch does not make a great player. Hopefully this year with Jason at the helm and everyone knowing Saunders offense better the ball will be spread around better.
1. Thats a catch
2. The link was just to show he has some sick skills. Isn't it common sense that one catch doesn't make a player great?
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Ok guys. My first post. Nice to meet you all. thanks for allowing me to be apart of the commentary. However it was my sarcastic humor coming out. I was going to post something else along the lines of how (I belive Moss) a Redskin had a catch similar and it was ruled no catch.lol. If you remember they used some lame excuse that there was no football move and he did not have the ball tucked in to his body.lol.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:18 AM   #8
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Welcome SBXVII.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

okay, so one good catch cancels the fact that he goes mia for games at a time?

when he was signed last year, people kept linking to a stupid highlight reel on youtube that had 4-5 catches replayed about 5 times each... if you can't fill a crappy 2minute highlight reel, you're not worth the kind of money he got signed to. yes, he'd make one good catch, but what about the rest of the game after he disappeared?

sorry, he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to prove he belongs here.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 38
Posts: 93
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
okay, so one good catch cancels the fact that he goes mia for games at a time?

when he was signed last year, people kept linking to a stupid highlight reel on youtube that had 4-5 catches replayed about 5 times each... if you can't fill a crappy 2minute highlight reel, you're not worth the kind of money he got signed to. yes, he'd make one good catch, but what about the rest of the game after he disappeared?

sorry, he's got a lot of work to do if he wants to prove he belongs here.
OMG are you serious ? Where in my thread says one good catch cancels anything?

IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS; (ONE CATCH DOESN'T DEFINE A CAREER) PLEASE DO NOT POST A REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

As for going MIA is there anything to back that up?

Like you went to a game and watched him and never got separation.

My argument is he has skills and his MIA is because of the quarterback and the system.

please reply with some insight.
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

every player must seem to have skill before they become a bust. You can't exactly ever be a bust unless there are high expectations due to your prior skill.

Explain what he did on this team that showed he wasn't a bust. Was he open all the time and the QBs couldn't get it to him? I don't really feel that was the case. Now he had a bad year, so i am going to agree that he isn't a bust just yet. I say this because one bad year doesn't mean a bust. We'll see how he and jason work things out and see what happens next year.

That catch doesn't make him less of a bust. That catch makes him more of a bust because that is what he is capable of.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #12
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbecker999 View Post
OMG are you serious ? Where in my thread says one good catch cancels anything?

IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS; (ONE CATCH DOESN'T DEFINE A CAREER) PLEASE DO NOT POST A REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

As for going MIA is there anything to back that up?

Like you went to a game and watched him and never got separation.

My argument is he has skills and his MIA is because of the quarterback and the system.

please reply with some insight.
With all due respect, if you are going to put standards on a response to your arguement, you may want to apply similar standards to your own argument first.

From what I can tell, your argument is that it the QBs fault that Lloyd suck. He has played with guys like Cody Pickett and Ken Dorsey, but he's also played with guys like Tim Rattay, Mark Brunell, and Jason Campbell...and he still has yet to put together a solid season in 4 attempts.

He was a 4th round pick coming out of college, so the scouts didn't think much of him then and he hasn't done a whole lot to prove them wrong. He certainly has a talent for making unbelieveable catches, unfortunately its that and that alone that's kept him around for this long.

Ask his QBs how much of a help he is. Spectacular sideline catches are one thing, but I'm sure most QBs would rather have a guy who goes up in traffic and makes the tough catches.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:30 AM   #13
Camp Scrub
 
wbecker999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Iowa
Age: 38
Posts: 93
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
With all due respect, if you are going to put standards on a response to your arguement, you may want to apply similar standards to your own argument first.

From what I can tell, your argument is that it the QBs fault that Lloyd suck. He has played with guys like Cody Pickett and Ken Dorsey, but he's also played with guys like Tim Rattay, Mark Brunell, and Jason Campbell...and he still has yet to put together a solid season in 4 attempts.

He was a 4th round pick coming out of college, so the scouts didn't think much of him then and he hasn't done a whole lot to prove them wrong. He certainly has a talent for making unbelieveable catches, unfortunately its that and that alone that's kept him around for this long.

Ask his QBs how much of a help he is. Spectacular sideline catches are one thing, but I'm sure most QBs would rather have a guy who goes up in traffic and makes the tough catches.

I don't classify Rattay, Brunell,and Campbell (As a Rookie)as good quarterbacks.

Do you think if he had Farve or Manning throwing to him he would be a bust?
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

wow, before pitifully attempting to call me out, why don't YOU try shedding some insight on why you made this ridiculous thread about why he ISN'T a bust since that's the widely held view of his career. If you want to make that assertion, what proof do you have that he isn't? like YOU went to every game and seen him get this separation.

I can point to the fact that he had the WORST SEASON of ANY starting wide receiver in the history of the super bowl era as proof that he goes mia. your response?

you're making excuses for him without any proof. you implied that he's not a bust and then link to a single catch on youtube follow by some retarded logic that only makes sense to you and contains no facts.

please, before asking someone to reply with actual insight, make sure you thread isn't completely worthless, and that you apply the same standards to your own posts.

hypocrite.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 AM   #15
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Brandon Lloyd is not a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbecker999 View Post
I don't classify Rattay, Brunell,and Campbell (As a Rookie)as good quarterbacks.

Do you think if he had Farve or Manning throwing to him he would be a bust?
there are plenty of WRs that can deal with crappy QBs, like boldin in arizona (or fitzgerald), randy moss had 1000 yards with kerry collins, joe horn with aaron brooks, etc etc etc.

that's a really bogus arguement. try again.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29682 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25