Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Duckett available?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
I really like TJ. Think it was silly to give up so much for him for 1/2 of a season. I'd love to see him resign. Any chance of Duckett coming back? Has he signed elsewhere yet?
Re-sign. For the love of all that's sacred, can't you please use the hyphen? I'm begging you please. (nothing personal, just a little peeve of mine)

Now, in terms of Duckett's skills, I think we would have gotten a better idea about him if he hadn't stood around most of the season. Also, a big back needs a few carries to get into a rythm. So, in the context of the season and the context of single games, we never saw the real Duckett. Or maybe we did. Atlanta did trade him afterall.

I agree with Matty. One year insurance policy. It looks like a bad decision now. At the time we were all a little shell shocked from the Portis injury. I think Betts history of injury swung the decision. If someone had been able assure Gibbs that Betts would have stayed healthy, I don't think he makes the trade. We don't get those guarantees. You have to make the best decision at the time. And the likelihood at the time was that there ws little chance of Betts staying healthy if he played an entire season.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Duckett available?

Duckett wasn't brought in to be an impact player. He was brought in as insurance incase we lost Betts after losing Portis to injury. With Betts' injury history that luckily didn't resurface last season, it was a very smart move. Without Duckett on the roster, we would've been pretty much screwed at RB if Betts had gone down. Rock would be our only real option and he's unproven at RB, great on kick returns though. It's no one's fault that Betts stayed healthy and we didn't need T.J., but if we were left without a capable RB, I bet all of you would be grilling the coaching staff for it.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #18
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
I really like TJ. Think it was silly to give up so much for him for 1/2 of a season. I'd love to see him resign. Any chance of Duckett coming back? Has he signed elsewhere yet?
Why do you love him so much he averaged 3.5 yrards two TDs and we have Portis & Betts which both are better.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
no chance, wouldn't want him. he's not big, he's fat, and he doesn't hit the hole hard, he dances around behind the line. total waste of money and a draft pick.
i would dis agree w/ u. yes he doesn't hit the whole hard but he's not fat at all. i saw him up close once. real low body fat.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
I really like TJ. Think it was silly to give up so much for him for 1/2 of a season. I'd love to see him resign. Any chance of Duckett coming back? Has he signed elsewhere yet?
He's not coming back. Your 3rd RB has to be able to do more than just play tailback. Duckett is not a fullback and he does not play teams. He's long gone.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i would dis agree w/ u. yes he doesn't hit the whole hard but he's not fat at all. i saw him up close once. real low body fat.
Ok you have to decide no body fat or low body fat he can't have both.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
DGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rocky Mount NC
Age: 37
Posts: 133
Re: Duckett available?

Is Duckett better than Rock?

I think Not
DGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreen28 View Post
Is Duckett better than Rock?

I think Not
I think Rock is way more valuable to the team. He's great on special teams and he's a team leader. Plus Rock can carry the ball if needed. Never should have made the trade in the first place. All Gibbs had to do was look at the film from when OBC was here and he would have saw what Rock can do.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,521
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i would dis agree w/ u. yes he doesn't hit the whole hard but he's not fat at all. i saw him up close once. real low body fat.
Did you pull out a ruler and measure his love handles?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:08 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
BangCartoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 50
Re: Duckett available?

The most damning thing for me about TJ is how he would pitter-patter in short yardage. I can't recall seeing him ever hit the line with authority, I never saw him move the pile. I saw him run up to it, and if there was no hole, he'd twinkle-toe until someone brought him down. I spoke to some Falcon fan friends of mine last year when i was seeing this, and they said, yep, that's TJ alright.

For a man so big, he plays like he's afraid. I agree with others who think Rock makes a better short yardage option because he at least runs hard.
I'll pass, and chalk the mistake of the trade up to yet another learning experience.

~Bang
__________________
Joe Jacoby for the Hall of Fame!
BangCartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Re-sign. For the love of all that's sacred, can't you please use the hyphen? I'm begging you please. (nothing personal, just a little peeve of mine)

Now, in terms of Duckett's skills, I think we would have gotten a better idea about him if he hadn't stood around most of the season. Also, a big back needs a few carries to get into a rythm. So, in the context of the season and the context of single games, we never saw the real Duckett. Or maybe we did. Atlanta did trade him afterall.

I agree with Matty. One year insurance policy. It looks like a bad decision now. At the time we were all a little shell shocked from the Portis injury. I think Betts history of injury swung the decision. If someone had been able assure Gibbs that Betts would have stayed healthy, I don't think he makes the trade. We don't get those guarantees. You have to make the best decision at the time. And the likelihood at the time was that there ws little chance of Betts staying healthy if he played an entire season.
Ultimately if we HAD been forced to rely on Duckett, we would have been much worse off than we were. It's a blessing that he never had to play. We should have looked at film from him in Atlanta and traded our third round pick for an actual decent running back.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
On Madden as a backup he plays like a beast. Previous year in ATL thought he was a beast!? You wouldn't want him? Portis, Betts, Duckett, Sellers. Brutal lineup if ya ask me!
There's no "runs like a pussy" variable in Madden. Portis, Betts, Cartwright, and Sellers is considerably more formadible.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangCartoon View Post
The most damning thing for me about TJ is how he would pitter-patter in short yardage. I can't recall seeing him ever hit the line with authority, I never saw him move the pile. I saw him run up to it, and if there was no hole, he'd twinkle-toe until someone brought him down. I spoke to some Falcon fan friends of mine last year when i was seeing this, and they said, yep, that's TJ alright.
I saw him move the pile once, and just assumed the commentator got the name wrong.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think Rock is way more valuable to the team. He's great on special teams and he's a team leader. Plus Rock can carry the ball if needed. Never should have made the trade in the first place. All Gibbs had to do was look at the film from when OBC was here and he would have saw what Rock can do.
I agree. Rock's a great team guy who could be getting considerable carries somewhere else (as a No. 2), but chose to re-sign here as a teamer and No. 3 back. We really screwed him with the Duckett signing.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Duckett available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I agree. Rock's a great team guy who could be getting considerable carries somewhere else (as a No. 2), but chose to re-sign here as a teamer and No. 3 back. We really screwed him with the Duckett signing.
If anything we screwed Sellers. He could of been our beast on short yardage
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30248 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25