Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Lance Briggs Wants Out of Chicago

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #31
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,914
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

He can play. Someone will pay him. If whining or any other raising of red flags really mattered would TO be in the league? Probably not. I think it may hurt his public image but as far as teams go it won't matter.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
You don't think that teams will see this incessant whining and think of that as a red flag for the future?

Say he goes somewhere and isn't "the man"? He'd probably still be unhappy.
Ya know, I'm wondering who his agent is. I would think that he would want to screen his client's comments/thoughts before he makes them public.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

He want's out because he's "OVERSHADOWED" by the URCH MAN, there's a reason for that URCH is a much better linebacker! Go home and suck your thumb, minus 7 mil........you big wus!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,971
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Ya know, I'm wondering who his agent is. I would think that he would want to screen his client's comments/thoughts before he makes them public.
I'll give you one guess who his agent is.
They were talking about this on PTI the other day, and I doubt his agent really cares if he makes a fuss.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I saw him crying like a little bitch on NFL Network yesterday. What a freaking baby. So his dumb ass is going to turn down a raise from 700k to 7 mill? Do some of these guys realize that these are the rules? If they don't like it do something else. I understand he wants a long term deal and he's frustrated but why take it to the media? He needs some diapers and a pass a fire.
That's what irks me. It's not like slapping the franchise tag on someone is a dirty move that teams use. It's written into the contract of the CBA.

Now from the players' view, you'd much rather have the big money SB. And I know with the Franchise tender the liability for injury lies with the player. But my god, from a team standpoint, how can a franchise player EVER feel like he's not wanted? How is that possible? You're the damn franchise player, be a leader!
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #36
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
That's what irks me. It's not like slapping the franchise tag on someone is a dirty move that teams use. It's written into the contract of the CBA.

Now from the players' view, you'd much rather have the big money SB. And I know with the Franchise tender the liability for injury lies with the player. But my god, from a team standpoint, how can a franchise player EVER feel like he's not wanted? How is that possible? You're the damn franchise player, be a leader!
Well that's one aspect of the CBA some players really don't like; The Franchise Tag.

As far as some players are concerned, the term 'Franchise' means nothing to them. It's really a tool to allow the teams to buy more time.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Well that's one aspect of the CBA some players really don't like; The Franchise Tag.

As far as some players are concerned, the term 'Franchise' means nothing to them. It's really a tool to allow the teams to buy more time.
Well, again, until Briggs puts his name on that contract tender, he has a right to sit out.

But a real man would stop hiding behind his rights and honor his responsibility to the team to help them get back to the super bowl. It's not like 7 mil is chump change no matter how crazy the market is.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #38
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, again, until Briggs puts his name on that contract tender, he has a right to sit out.

But a real man would stop hiding behind his rights and honor his responsibility to the team to help them get back to the super bowl. It's not like 7 mil is chump change no matter how crazy the market is.

True, true. I don't know, GT. Briggs' ego aside, my thing is the owners have essentially created this market and the cut-throat culture that exists. Owners and GMs hack players left and right like it's nobody's business. In ten years no one will hardly remember who Lance Briggs was, but that same owner will still be raking in even more in the millions.

The whole honor your word and be a man thing is a two way street as far as I'm concerned.

If you want me to honor my word when it's convenient for your business, then honor yours when I blow out my ACL.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #39
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
True, true. I don't know, GT. Briggs' ego aside, my thing is the owners have essentially created this market and the cut-throat culture that exists. Owners and GMs hack players left and right like it's nobody's business. In ten years no one will hardly remember who Lance Briggs was, but that same owner will still be raking in even more in the millions.

The whole honor your word and be a man thing is a two way street as far as I'm concerned.

If you want me to honor my word when it's convient for your business, then honor yours when I blow out my ACL.
Briggs doesn't owe the McCaskey's (owners of the Bears) anything. He certainly does owe Lovie Smith and 52 other guys in that locker room his football ability as they try to defend their NFC title.

Briggs is trying to claim theres a seperation between the two. There isn't. He's been offered numerous long term extentions and has declined. There's a difference between future financial security, which the Bears have offered him, and greed which is what is causing him to turn down their offers. Sure, players inferrior to him are getting the big bucks. But because the Bears slapped the tag on him, he is responsible to play his next season in Chicago. He has a right to not play anywhere, but he's letting his team down if he does so.

Bottom line is that if another team had chosen him, he might have ended up buried somewhere on a depth chart. So I would expect him to play for my team if I'm Lovie Smith.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #40
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Ever notice how the Franchise Tag is always "slapped" on a player? It's never placed, tapped, set, or designated.

Always slapped.

Interesting.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:53 PM   #41
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Ever notice how the Franchise Tag is always "slapped" on a player? It's never placed, tapped, set, or designated.

Always slapped.

Interesting.
I think most people who say it's "slapped" are generally against it where as people who say it's "given" or "placed on" aren't as opinonated with it.

I just say slapped because it roles off the tounge better.

Good point though.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #42
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Briggs doesn't owe the McCaskey's (owners of the Bears) anything. He certainly does owe Lovie Smith and 52 other guys in that locker room his football ability as they try to defend their NFC title.

Briggs is trying to claim theres a seperation between the two. There isn't. He's been offered numerous long term extentions and has declined. There's a difference between future financial security, which the Bears have offered him, and greed which is what is causing him to turn down their offers. Sure, players inferrior to him are getting the big bucks. But because the Bears slapped the tag on him, he is responsible to play his next season in Chicago. He has a right to not play anywhere, but he's letting his team down if he does so.

Bottom line is that if another team had chosen him, he might have ended up buried somewhere on a depth chart. So I would expect him to play for my team if I'm Lovie Smith.
Well, actually Briggs has stated in no uncertain terms that he has a strong affinity for the team, the locker room and coach Lovie Smith himself. His divide starts and ends with the front office. So in the world of the National Football League there is absolutely a seperation of the two.

We as fans and consumers would love to think and believe otherwise, but that's not the case.

As far as Briggs being responsible to play because of the franchise tag, well again, if Briggs blows out his knee all in the name of loyalty and team spirit, he's left holding the bag. Ask Javon Walker.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:17 PM   #43
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,353
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
True, true. I don't know, GT. Briggs' ego aside, my thing is the owners have essentially created this market and the cut-throat culture that exists. Owners and GMs hack players left and right like it's nobody's business. In ten years no one will hardly remember who Lance Briggs was, but that same owner will still be raking in even more in the millions.

The whole honor your word and be a man thing is a two way street as far as I'm concerned.

If you want me to honor my word when it's convenient for your business, then honor yours when I blow out my ACL.
The owners will always have the upper hand becasue they own the team. I would like to see if briggs sits out and turns down 7 mill.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #44
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,353
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Well, actually Briggs has stated in no uncertain terms that he has a strong affinity for the team, the locker room and coach Lovie Smith himself. His divide starts and ends with the front office. So in the world of the National Football League there is absolutely a seperation of the two.

We as fans and consumers would love to think and believe otherwise, but that's not the case.

As far as Briggs being responsible to play because of the franchise tag, well again, if Briggs blows out his knee all in the name of loyalty and team spirit, he's left holding the bag. Ask Javon Walker.
Javon Walker had one good year and then wanted a new deal. BIG DIFFERENCE. I wouldn't have paid Javon Walker either.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #45
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,353
Re: Lance Briggs Wants OUt of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Ever notice how the Franchise Tag is always "slapped" on a player? It's never placed, tapped, set, or designated.

Always slapped.

Interesting.
I wish someone would slap me with 7 mill. I'll take all the slaps I can get.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32453 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25