Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #16
The Starter
 
RedskinPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Camino,Ca
Posts: 1,174
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Then where are all the Lombardi trophies he's been hiding?

Doing well running a Starbucks doesn't necessarily mean you'll do equally as well in a Chess Tournament.
We should hope to do as well as he has. But so far his football in wins and loses has been a failure. As for making money for the Redskins he has made a boat load!!! Will that end soon if they don't start winning...no we love the Redskins and football. Jack kent Cook is looking pretty good now!
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #17
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,009
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

I am hoping this deal is total BS. In fact...f this deal, I smell it!
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #18
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
ESPN radio just announced that the deal has officially been offered. Our 6th for Briggs and their 31st
ESPN.com - NFL - Agent: Bears' Briggs could go to Redskins in trade
This article doesn't say anything about a deal being officially on the table.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,940
Angry Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nothing has been officially proposed yet so let's not get too crazy. I still think this deal is 100% BS.
I really hope you're right. The thought of making this deal has me so mad and frustrated that I just slapped an office temp.
I used to stand up for Danny Boy quite a bit because I felt like he did want to win and did want the team to do well, but if it's true that he came up with this BS over martinis and it goes through the way it stands now I may have to egg his house, or at least his front gate.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Even if this deal happens I don't understand why people are getting so crazy about it. If we can still come out of the draft with a quality defensive lineman I think this is a win/win scenario for both teams.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,563
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

I guess Joe was into the deal. Although it did start last night in a bar. I'm guessing deals get done like this sometimes. I just don't understand why we are making his offer?

If it happens here one of Joe Gibbs first few lines at the press conference... " I really like to say when you have a chance to add a player of his claiber you do it."

I mean come on we don't need him right now there are other issues that they can address with this pick.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

this is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Danielle Snyder
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nothing has been officially proposed yet so let's not get too crazy. I still think this deal is 100% BS.
I pray that you're right. But as much as Pastabelly dumps on us, he's usually pretty solid with the inside info.

Hopefully he's understating what we'd get in such a trade scenario. Maybe, just maybe, he's leaving out the part about us getting a 3rd round pick in addition.

Or best of all, he's just completely wrong about the whole thing.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Even if this deal happens I don't understand why people are getting so crazy about it. If we can still come out of the draft with a quality defensive lineman I think this is a win/win scenario for both teams.
Well while we're discussing the if's, just think what we could get in a trade package if Adrian Peterson falls to us at 6.

It's just a retarded deal. It doesn't fill a glaring need, and it buries one of our promising young prospects (Rocky) in the depth chart.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Normally I hate to cite PFT, but this actually makes sense with a nice dig on Pasta Belly:

BRIGGS-TO-'SKINS MAKES NO SENSE

Apart from the fact that Bears linebacker Lance Briggs became a star in a pure Tampa 2 scheme that the Redskins don't run, there's another reason why it makes no sense, in our view, for the 'Skins to add Briggs to the team.

With two big-money free agent linebackers -- Marcus Washington and London Fletcher-Baker -- already in the starting lineup, the 'Skins wouldn't be getting the best return on their investment in Washington, Fletcher-Baker, and Briggs.

Why? Because a defense has three linebackers on the field roughly half of the time.

In the nickel and dime defenses, linebackers are replaced by defensive backs. Teams use the nickel whenever the opponent brings in a third receiver. Typically, that happens in second and long or third and more than three or four yards.

At a time when the 'Skins are still thought to be interested in adding Dre' Bly to a corps of cornerbacks that includes Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot, it's simply not a good investment of cap dollars to write a big bonus check to Briggs, unless the team is thinking about parting ways with Washington and his base salary of $4 million in 2007.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli is once again creating the impression that he broke the story of a possible trade of Briggs to the 'Skins, even though Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com and Adam Schefter of NFL Network had the story well in advance.

(Free advice to Len: With the departure of Michael Irvin and the "reassignment" of Joe Theismann, the folks in Bristol are demonstrating a willingness to heed and to respond to accurate and reasonable external criticism of their employees.)
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Even if this deal happens I don't understand why people are getting so crazy about it. If we can still come out of the draft with a quality defensive lineman I think this is a win/win scenario for both teams.
The problem is just as you state it. It's now an "if" situation if this deal goes through instead of a "who".
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nothing has been officially proposed yet so let's not get too crazy. I still think this deal is 100% BS.
I hope you're right like you usually are.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #28
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Normally I hate to cite PFT, but this actually makes sense with a nice dig on Pasta Belly:

BRIGGS-TO-'SKINS MAKES NO SENSE

Apart from the fact that Bears linebacker Lance Briggs became a star in a pure Tampa 2 scheme that the Redskins don't run, there's another reason why it makes no sense, in our view, for the 'Skins to add Briggs to the team.

With two big-money free agent linebackers -- Marcus Washington and London Fletcher-Baker -- already in the starting lineup, the 'Skins wouldn't be getting the best return on their investment in Washington, Fletcher-Baker, and Briggs.

Why? Because a defense has three linebackers on the field roughly half of the time.

In the nickel and dime defenses, linebackers are replaced by defensive backs. Teams use the nickel whenever the opponent brings in a third receiver. Typically, that happens in second and long or third and more than three or four yards.

At a time when the 'Skins are still thought to be interested in adding Dre' Bly to a corps of cornerbacks that includes Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot, it's simply not a good investment of cap dollars to write a big bonus check to Briggs, unless the team is thinking about parting ways with Washington and his base salary of $4 million in 2007.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli is once again creating the impression that he broke the story of a possible trade of Briggs to the 'Skins, even though Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com and Adam Schefter of NFL Network had the story well in advance.

(Free advice to Len: With the departure of Michael Irvin and the "reassignment" of Joe Theismann, the folks in Bristol are demonstrating a willingness to heed and to respond to accurate and reasonable external criticism of their employees.)
LOL, at least they took a shot at the fat ass.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:20 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,502
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Even if this deal happens I don't understand why people are getting so crazy about it. If we can still come out of the draft with a quality defensive lineman I think this is a win/win scenario for both teams.
I think it's because some people don't know how to do anything but complain. It's like the folks who keep bitching about how we never re-sign our own guys in spite of all the re-signings we've completed this offseason. That mentality will only change when the team starts winning, if even then.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,940
Re: How the Lance Briggs deal started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think it's because some people don't know how to do anything but complain. It's like the folks who keep bitching about how we never re-sign our own guys in spite of all the re-signings we've completed this offseason. That mentality will only change when the team starts winning, if even then.
So you would be happy with this deal and think it would make the team better?
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30441 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25