Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

How serious the offer was, or how serious Dan Snyder was after tipping a few drinks is anyone's guess. If it was a "wink-wink" situation to help out Danny's buddy Drew -- fine. We seem to be the type of team that doesn't hesitate to do other people favors.

But did you notice that only after the Bears officially shot it down did an "unnamed source" close to Snyder say that it was only a rumor, that the rumor wasn't true, and it was all a joke?

Ha ha. Very funny.

Still, with knowledge of recent trades over the past few years, this one doesn't seem all that preposterous considering the track record of this organization. Despite all of Snyder's "success," something tells me you won't find Scott Pioli, Ron Wolf, or A.J. Smith schmoozing it up at a bar casually tossing out 1st round swaps to help out a buddy-player agent.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Interesting turn of non-events!
the danny might not mind Rosenhaus talkin up this faux trade if it raises the price for Briggs, whose is not only Rosenhaus' client, but our competition as well. I wondered if the Danny entertained Leonard Davis knowing full well we wouldn't sign him, but raising the price for the pokes. It seems like his style & engagin in this kind of drama might make him happy in an otherwise dull offseason.

On the other hand, the Danny could be furious w/Drew for running his mouth about it. Who did Pastabelly, Mort et al cite as sources to verify that we actually made the offer?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #48
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
How serious the offer was, or how serious Dan Snyder was after tipping a few drinks is anyone's guess. If it was a "wink-wink" situation to help out Danny's buddy Drew -- fine. We seem to be the type of team that doesn't hesitate to do other people favors.

But did you notice that only after the Bears officially shot it down did an "unnamed source" close to Snyder say that it was only a rumor, that the rumor wasn't true, and it was all a joke?

Ha ha. Very funny.

Still, with knowledge of recent trades over the past few years, this one doesn't seem all that preposterous considering the track record of this organization. Despite all of Snyder's "success," something tells me you won't find Scott Pioli, Ron Wolf, or A.J. Smith schmoozing it up at a bar casually tossing out 1st round swaps to help out a buddy-player agent.
Is it just me or do you think that D. Snyder (He's NOT GONNA TAKE IT! NO HE AIN'T GONNA' TAKE IT!) drinks Cosmos?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:09 AM   #49
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Is it just me or do you think that D. Snyder (He's NOT GONNA TAKE IT! NO HE AIN'T GONNA' TAKE IT!) drinks Cosmos?
Yes, and he & Vinny love to shop for shoes.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #50
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

I am glad Chicago turned the trade down. I hope the Skins show some restraint and keep the pick all the way to draft day. What advantage do the Skins gain by making a deal before the draft? The only one I can think of is the player that the Sskins acquire would get a head start on learning the playbook. Other than that it makes no sense to pull the trigger until draft day. It kind of reminds me of the time frame leading up to Derrick Dockery's free agency - there was no incentive for Dock to lock himself into a contract before free agency hit and what did he gain by waiting - an insane contract (good for him, bad for the Bills cap).

So the Redskins should do the smart thing, hold their cards until the draft and when some of the other teams get nervous and maybe make a dumb offer (see Ditka trading for Ricky Williams) the Redskins should pounce on it. If they don't get any reasonable trade offers than draft one of the studs on the defensive line where they really need some help. This also has an added benefit of telling Rocky that we are not giving up on you after just one year and it also makes Lemar Marshall not feel slighted. The skins have already spent enough on LB.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

The sad thing is that this organization has been in such disarray over the last 10 yrs that just about any ridiculous rumor is plausible.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Any trade for Briggs would be puzzling to say the least. With the trade up last year to aquire Rocky McIntosh, the already high priced Marcus Washington, coupled with the recent addition of London Fletcher makes one wonder just what the Redskins are thinking when they have more pressing needs.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Is it just me or do you think that D. Snyder (He's NOT GONNA TAKE IT! NO HE AIN'T GONNA' TAKE IT!) drinks Cosmos?
Well, in another thread I mentioned that he had this conversation somewhere between a few Long Island Iced Teas. But those are obviously too strong for a man his size.

What ever he usually orders from a bar, I can tell you it probably has lots of cocktail fruit and a miniature umbrella.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #54
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,598
Re: Mort: Chicago Not Interested in Briggs' Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Any trade for Briggs would be puzzling to say the least. With the trade up last year to aquire Rocky McIntosh, the already high priced Marcus Washington, coupled with the recent addition of London Fletcher makes one wonder just what the Redskins are thinking when they have more pressing needs.
Honestly that's the only real problem I have with the deal. The fact that we've already made moves to get linebackers.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25910 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25