Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Da Bears want Marshall

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #46
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,572
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Can someone please post the link where it says that the Chicago Bears have expressed an interest in LeMar Marshall?

really
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
stu_nna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 239
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just wish people would pay closer attention to the things they read and hear. Could save a bunch of heart attacks that way.
Well i was paying attention, and though we don't know for sure what the Bears want the title of the post seemed adequate for feeback purposes. Its an interesting link, u make to much of the title
stu_nna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
We have the leverage!!! WTF!! No other teams seem to be too interested in Briggs, and if the Bears don't move him, he'll likely sit out 10 games! We should be dictating the terms, not letting them push us around! Oh man...

There are other teams interested in Briggs but they don't bring the brinks like the Redskins do. Every player, agent and team in the league always know where to dump, just give the Redskins a call.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #49
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

We will part ways with Portis once his contract is done for sure. The two Bells that made up Denver's backfield definitely showed everyone that it indeed is the system that makes these backs look great. CP is not the bruiser that we needed to replace Stephen Davis, but Betts is. The NFC east is a no prisoners, bash em up kind of division still. I do not for the life of me really understand why we really want Briggs, when we desperately need D linemen, depth at O line, and maybe another DB. I would just sit tight til the draft then make all my FA moves come June 1.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #50
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I like Marshall, but honestly, getting Briggs eliminates a lot of the use he would have on this team. If we honestly think that Briggs is all that, I'm not sure why we couldn't spare Marshall.
So you think its logical, we trade the 6th overall pick in the draft and a guy who was our starting MLB until this year for a system LB, (the same system i believe that created Warrick Holdman) and the 31st overall pick in the draft, please tell me how we gain anyground here, we give up a cheap serviceable LB for a guy who has had two good seasons in a great system for LBs and then turn around and pay him 20 mil guarenteed, are you not the same guy that thinks its a terrible idea to draft Calvin Johnson? how is this any better? No one really knows how good he is until he gets away from Chicago, this reminds me of Trotter a little bit too much, the only difference is we only had to give up money for Trotter, not drop 25 spots in the draft
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #51
Registered User
 
GiantsSuck703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 293
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
We will part ways with Portis once his contract is done for sure. The two Bells that made up Denver's backfield definitely showed everyone that it indeed is the system that makes these backs look great. CP is not the bruiser that we needed to replace Stephen Davis, but Betts is. The NFC east is a no prisoners, bash em up kind of division still. I do not for the life of me really understand why we really want Briggs, when we desperately need D linemen, depth at O line, and maybe another DB. I would just sit tight til the draft then make all my FA moves come June 1.
Please stop, Didnt CP break our single season rushing record, one that was held by Stephen Davis, yeah you definately make alot of sense. Our depth at OL is not that bad anymore after signing Fabini, Tucker. Our DL still needs work but that can be taken care of. As far as needing a bruiser in the backfield in the NFC east, please name one besides Brandon Jacobs. Tiki was not a bruiser, Julius Jones and Marion Barber are not bruisers and Brian Westbrook damn sure isnt a bruiser. CP was our offense during our playoff run, and its sad that some seem to have forgotten that already.
GiantsSuck703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
bigm29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Age: 27
Posts: 353
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

This trade would be retarded. If we really want him, even though we don't need him, we could just wait a year and sign him in free agency. Screw the Bears.
__________________
Hail Redskins!!!
bigm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_nna View Post
Well i was paying attention, and though we don't know for sure what the Bears want the title of the post seemed adequate for feeback purposes. Its an interesting link, u make to much of the title
You wanted to draw attention, I understand. But it's a misleading title. Cause everyone is "Holy crap I can't believe they'd ask for Marshall" Well first of all, they never said that. Secondly, yes they've hinted they want more. What else are they going to say? It's a negotiation. That's what happens in negotiations.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #54
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Please stop, Didnt CP break our single season rushing record, one that was held by Stephen Davis, yeah you definately make alot of sense. Our depth at OL is not that bad anymore after signing Fabini, Tucker. Our DL still needs work but that can be taken care of. As far as needing a bruiser in the backfield in the NFC east, please name one besides Brandon Jacobs. Tiki was not a bruiser, Julius Jones and Marion Barber are not bruisers and Brian Westbrook damn sure isnt a bruiser. CP was our offense during our playoff run, and its sad that some seem to have forgotten that already.
Amen, stop bashing CP!
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
So you think its logical, we trade the 6th overall pick in the draft and a guy who was our starting MLB until this year for a system LB, (the same system i believe that created Warrick Holdman) and the 31st overall pick in the draft, please tell me how we gain anyground here, we give up a cheap serviceable LB for a guy who has had two good seasons in a great system for LBs and then turn around and pay him 20 mil guarenteed, are you not the same guy that thinks its a terrible idea to draft Calvin Johnson? how is this any better? No one really knows how good he is until he gets away from Chicago, this reminds me of Trotter a little bit too much, the only difference is we only had to give up money for Trotter, not drop 25 spots in the draft

I agree....And don't forget that contract he'll sign that will haunt the team for years to come. A team that is always up against the cap is always looking to sign the most expensive players in the league, and damm the consequences. It does not take long to grow completely frustrated by some of the moves this team continues to consider making. Fix the area of the team that needs fixing, the D-line--LB is not a pressing need for this team, therefore there is no NEED for Briggs at this time.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #56
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Amen, stop bashing CP!
I think we need more CP bashing!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Can someone please post the link where it says that the Chicago Bears have expressed an interest in LeMar Marshall?

NFL.com - NFL News

not really expressed intrest just speculation
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigm29 View Post
This trade would be retarded. If we really want him, even though we don't need him, we could just wait a year and sign him in free agency. Screw the Bears.
ezactly

or since no one else is going after him with big bucks wait till he shows he means business and starts to sit out the start of the season and get him like deon branch and Seattle

But I still think there is no reason to brinig him in for his big pay day and future years of adding to the list of pre-Redskin probowlers
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #59
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,774
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
Please stop, Didnt CP break our single season rushing record, one that was held by Stephen Davis, yeah you definately make alot of sense. Our depth at OL is not that bad anymore after signing Fabini, Tucker. Our DL still needs work but that can be taken care of. As far as needing a bruiser in the backfield in the NFC east, please name one besides Brandon Jacobs. Tiki was not a bruiser, Julius Jones and Marion Barber are not bruisers and Brian Westbrook damn sure isnt a bruiser. CP was our offense during our playoff run, and its sad that some seem to have forgotten that already.
HERE HERE!!! CP is going to be great when he reutrns from injury, and I doubt he will play much this pre-season.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,774
Re: Da Bears want Marshall

You guys really think that Lance Briggs can't play our system. He's 6'1 and 240 lbs. I think he can play our system and would be better than anyone who has been ther for years. I really don't see what the problem is if we bring in a LB in the prime of his career. The guy is a ball hawk and would excell with GW he's got speed, instinks, he's always around the ball. Why would he be so bad for us? I think we need to give the guy his due as a great football player.

I don't think he's the right thing we need right now, but he is a damn good football player.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33191 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25