Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What are we going to do at DE?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Any help is good help. Wynn and Daniels are not cutting it.

Agreed.......And if we have to rely on those two for sixteen games, I can imagine what the game day thread is going to look like. Both these guys are ready for SS, and couldn't mount a pass rush if there were no line in front of them. That's why I find it hard to believe there's no one in this draft good enough to start ahead of either of these guys. Just goes to show the misguided loyalty Gibbs & Co, has for these old guys.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #32
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,362
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
There is absolutely NO DOUBT that we need a DE in the draft. Taking Landry is DUMB because we don't need a safety as bad as we need DL help. The ultimate scenario is if we can trade down and get Okoye at 9 or so, then pick up a DE with the pick we get from that deal.
If we do not trade down, I feel we will still have at least 1 hole to fill. DE is incredibly weak with only Carter being a viable option. He was only OK last year, so not even Carter is entrenched in this position...it needs help bad.
I agree with you 100%
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #33
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,362
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It frustrates me to see this from people. Lloyd is a VERY GOOD wr. You have to have the ball thrown to you to make an impact. He was not used in the system and therefore no production. WR is unlike many position on the field because you are only successful if someone helps you out (QB). You are completely reliant on the QB. The man is very talented.
Trust me, if CJ goes to a crappy team with a crappy qb and gets thrown to at max twice a game...he'll be lucky to register 20 receptions, then everyone here will say, wow, he has no talent, he was overhyped. It's all about opportunity.
I never said he was not good or lacked talent . I was pointing out Gibbs comment that no rookie could crack our starting lineup . If T. Ginn Jr. is on the board at 32 , and the Colts offer me that pick for Loyd ,,, I make that pick. Same goes for Rocky , if Willis is on the board , and a team offers me the pick ,,, I make the trade . I was just making the point that many of these rookies are talented enough to contribute or start . I just hope we grab some extra picks , draft some DL-men and an OL men , because before we know it Samuels / Jansen / Thomas ....// Wynn / Danials / griffen / Salavae will be retired . And Fletcher , Washington are not so young either .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 PM   #34
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Don't rule out the possibility of us nabbing either Landry or Okoye and then a DE in addition in round 2 or 3. We signed Smoot and David Macklin for a reason; I think there's a good chance the team unloads Shawn Springs for a 2nd or 3rd round pick somehow.

That move could be to target a G or a DE.

Schneed - would trading Springs have a pretty heft charge against the cap since it is pre June 1st?
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Schneed - would trading Springs have a pretty heft charge against the cap since it is pre June 1st?
No, his salary is about the same as his bonus that he is still due, so the salary cap wont be impacted at all, except that we have to sign a new player that counts towards the cap after we get rid of him.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #36
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
I never said he was not good or lacked talent . I was pointing out Gibbs comment that no rookie could crack our starting lineup . If T. Ginn Jr. is on the board at 32 , and the Colts offer me that pick for Loyd ,,, I make that pick. Same goes for Rocky , if Willis is on the board , and a team offers me the pick ,,, I make the trade . I was just making the point that many of these rookies are talented enough to contribute or start . I just hope we grab some extra picks , draft some DL-men and an OL men , because before we know it Samuels / Jansen / Thomas ....// Wynn / Danials / griffen / Salavae will be retired . And Fletcher , Washington are not so young either .
Alright...I apologize for jumping all over you. I'm just tired of hearing that Brandon Lloyd is not good and we need a WR. We don't. We just need our QB to produce. Something we haven't really seen since Brad Johnson.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #37
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Alright...I apologize for jumping all over you. I'm just tired of hearing that Brandon Lloyd is not good and we need a WR. We don't. We just need our QB to produce. Something we haven't really seen since Brad Johnson.
Yeah, what you said! I am tired of a underachieving offense due to lack of solid QB play.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #38
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Yeah, what you said! I am tired of a underachieving offense due to lack of solid QB play.
Hopefully that will change this year.
At least if we're going to make a dumb pick somewhere, make it with a solid QB instead of some project. Like Brady Quinn.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:34 AM   #39
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Hopefully that will change this year.
At least if we're going to make a dumb pick somewhere, make it with a solid QB instead of some project. Like Brady Quinn.
I couldn't agree more. If he is still there, don't pass him up. My thinking is if we get him, then no one else can hurt us with him.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #40
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
I couldn't agree more. If he is still there, don't pass him up. My thinking is if we get him, then no one else can hurt us with him.
It would be better than taking a QB from some obscure university that had some career records even though they had no real good qb's ever in their university history. Ie: Tulane.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:44 AM   #41
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It would be better than taking a QB from some obscure university that had some career records even though they had no real good qb's ever in their university history. Ie: Tulane.
True!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Man you guys are crazy, i cant tell if you are joking or not. Yes we havent had solid qb play recently, but as I recall we have a guy who looks like he will be solid in Jason Campbell. If Quinn dropped to us and we took him, i might quit being a redskins fan because that would be one of the dumbest moves. Quinn would be more of a project than Campbell due to the fact that he will be a rookie. We also have a horrible defense that we need to adress in the draft.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:47 AM   #43
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Drafting an end won't matter, because as Coach Gibbs has stated, there isn't really a starting position on the team where a rookie could come in and perform better than the established vets...
Total nonsense that Gibbs probably believes and will follow through on to the detriment of the team. Gibbs is a guy who started Holman for two years and played Brunell ahead of Campbell, as well as Ramsey; and let a number of quality players go for nonsensical reasons-- thereby suceeding in destroying the team three years in a row.
I believe Gaines Adams (if he gets a fair shot) can't beat out Daniels at 34 years old like I believe I have a chance with Angelina Joli. Also, the notion that Okoye would have to sit for a year or Calvin Johnson needing to sit for the sake of anybody but Moss is beyond ludicrous-- which, of course, doesn't mean that Gibbs wouldn't sit them for the sake of his BS security needs; because he would.
Crazyhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:52 AM   #44
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Man you guys are crazy, i cant tell if you are joking or not. Yes we havent had solid qb play recently, but as I recall we have a guy who looks like he will be solid in Jason Campbell. If Quinn dropped to us and we took him, i might quit being a redskins fan because that would be one of the dumbest moves. Quinn would be more of a project than Campbell due to the fact that he will be a rookie. We also have a horrible defense that we need to adress in the draft.
No, I think you're just jumping into the middle of a conversation that has been going on for a couple days / several threads / and even some PM's. We both feel that we need a DL or DE. I'm just saying that if we are going to be dumb and take something other than that, at least take someone like Quinn. It's dumb, but it's less dumb than taking a WR.
Okoye needs to be our guy...only if Adams is gone.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #45
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: What are we going to do at DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Man you guys are crazy, i cant tell if you are joking or not. Yes we havent had solid qb play recently, but as I recall we have a guy who looks like he will be solid in Jason Campbell. If Quinn dropped to us and we took him, i might quit being a redskins fan because that would be one of the dumbest moves. Quinn would be more of a project than Campbell due to the fact that he will be a rookie. We also have a horrible defense that we need to adress in the draft.
First of all, I am not saying that Campbell is bad. Second, you always take the best available player, we could always trade him. Third look at Joe Gibbs's draft history. He took a QB in the draft every two years during his first tenure as head coach. He is due to draft another. Fourth, Joe firmly believes in not passing up on a first round caliber QB.

We are only saying that if he is still available at six, take him, trade the pick or draft for need.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30869 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25