Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Brown on the block?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Brown on the block?

I know that the Redskins aren't looking at him yet, but given that Gibbs hasn't ruled out using next years pick to acquire talent heres a possibility. In all honesty though I would like to have a draft pick used on a player that is considered and up and comer, sort of the way L. Coles was when we traded for him. For me that guy would be Cory Redding, a big body who can play both DT and DE, but thats besides the point

Anyway looks like Alex Brown is on the block, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins, who are keeping 3 roster spots open through minicamp, made a few phone calls regarding his price. Keep in mind no teams have been named in this rumor.

Brown on the block?
<May. 4> According to a variety of sources, the Bears are shopping Brown, writes to Len Pasquarelli.
The five-year veteran is a solid two-way defender, but the former University of Florida star has never really developed into the weakside pass rusher many felt he would be at the NFL level. Brown has 27 sacks in his five-year career, with a career-best seven in 2006, and 20 in the past three seasons. He has three years remaining on his contract, at base salaries of $595,000 (2007), $550,000 (2008) and $670,000 (2009). Chicago has a standout young pass-rusher in second-year veteran Mark Anderson, who notched 12 sacks as a rookie in 2006. And the Bears feel they got another one in the draft in Dan Bazuin. The former Central Michigan star had a school-record 35 career sacks, including 16 sacks as a junior, and he led all defensive linemen in this year's draft with 63 tackles for loss.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Brown on the block?

I'd love him if we could get him for a 3rd rounder.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,956
Re: Brown on the block?

He plays the same postion as Carter, weakside DE.. Neither are strong enough to play over the tight end, they are speed rushers.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,424
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'd love him if we could get him for a 3rd rounder.
Sheriff , I agree . Brown would be a nice addition, upgrade our pass rush . He may not be a 10-15 sack per year guy , but any upgrade in our pass rush would be worth a mid round pick . S. Rice / M. Rucker may also be on the market , or cut .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,965
Re: Brown on the block?

I've heard some speculation as well that the Bears are gauging interest and market value for Ogunleye
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've heard some speculation as well that the Bears are gauging interest and market value for Ogunleye

Uhhhh yeah that's who we want. He is still very very good. Please trade for him.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Brown on the block?

alex brown is a stud, and we could have a great dl if we added him because we would have a line that is extremely versitle. he would allow two speed rushers on 3rd down and second and long. with the players we have right now and with a little health we are still gonna be a whole lot better but adding him would make us great i think.
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Uhhhh yeah that's who we want. He is still very very good. Please trade for him.
We had him. All we had to do was give them Ramsey in '05 but instead we wanted the 7th rounder.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #9
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
We had him. All we had to do was give them Ramsey in '05 but instead we wanted the 7th rounder.
Yeah that was a pretty sweet move. I'm pretty sure they also offered a second or a first round pick instead of Ogunleye as another option.

We got a sixth rounder for Ramsey.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
I'd love him if we could get him for a 3rd rounder.
I think I would hold on giving up draft picks now. Wait and see the cut list we might not have to give up picks. Haven't we learned?
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Brown on the block?

i hate the bears...
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:40 AM   #12
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,228
Re: Brown on the block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I know that the Redskins aren't looking at him yet, but given that Gibbs hasn't ruled out using next years pick to acquire talent heres a possibility. In all honesty though I would like to have a draft pick used on a player that is considered and up and comer, sort of the way L. Coles was when we traded for him. For me that guy would be Cory Redding, a big body who can play both DT and DE, but thats besides the point

Anyway looks like Alex Brown is on the block, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins, who are keeping 3 roster spots open through minicamp, made a few phone calls regarding his price. Keep in mind no teams have been named in this rumor.

Brown on the block?
<May. 4> According to a variety of sources, the Bears are shopping Brown, writes to Len Pasquarelli.
The five-year veteran is a solid two-way defender, but the former University of Florida star has never really developed into the weakside pass rusher many felt he would be at the NFL level. Brown has 27 sacks in his five-year career, with a career-best seven in 2006, and 20 in the past three seasons. He has three years remaining on his contract, at base salaries of $595,000 (2007), $550,000 (2008) and $670,000 (2009). Chicago has a standout young pass-rusher in second-year veteran Mark Anderson, who notched 12 sacks as a rookie in 2006. And the Bears feel they got another one in the draft in Dan Bazuin. The former Central Michigan star had a school-record 35 career sacks, including 16 sacks as a junior, and he led all defensive linemen in this year's draft with 63 tackles for loss.
another bears trade huh who could have seen that coming
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #13
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Brown on the block?

Yeah, no more giving away picks for guys that don't pan out more often than not. Post June 1, I am sure there will be some big names released, just look at Keyshawn. We will get a D lineman or two sign them to a one or two year deal and see how they pan out.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26976 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25