Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


DR.Z at it again

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsSuck703 View Post
SI.com - Writers - Dr. Z: Latest dog-fighting twist,*HOF candidates and more - Thursday May 24, 2007 12:49PM

The sad thing is this guy is paid to be a professional journalist, you would think he would actually pay attention to a situation, rather than use his obvious bias towards the Redskins to take yet another shot at the organization. I understand he said the email came from a reader, but im talking about the "take your apology and shove it" quote, which i do believe came from Dr.Z. Im sorry but i do not remember Chris Samuels having much to do with what Portis said, actually Samuels seemed sort of shocked that Portis said those things. I feel bad for Clinton, he is really a stand up guy who gives to the community and never gets in trouble on or off the field, and he decided to take up for a friend, wow what a terrible time we live in when a few words can lump you in with the AJ Nicholson and Chris henrys of the world, i especially was irritated by the caption under the picture of Portis, "Portis shows his true colors", Clintons a good guy, and for a scumbag like DR.Z to even put the thought in peoples heads that Portis is a fraud absolutely frustrates the hell out of me. I dont know if im the only one now, but I support Clinton Portis and i sort of understand what he was trying to get at when he said those things.
The problem is he took up for a friends actions that are "illegal" if he is arrested and found guilty of the crime. The funny thing is if "Vick" is never arrested for this then he can say look I told you I had nothing to do with dog fighting, but "Clinton" cannot go back after supporting the criminal act because he has allready done so. I was watching a show last night (its a show that follows Animal Control people in some big city) and they were picking up dogs which had just been in a dog fight. These dogs had some major injuries and I find it very hard that someone one could support someone doing this to an animal.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #32
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Very true. It's a real shame it's come to that.

I don't wish injury on anyone but man wouldn't you just love to see CP running into the end zone for the game winning touchdown on Super Bowl Sunday with such momentum that he sprints through the end zone and barrels over Dr. Z whose standing on the side line...then maybe does a little Haynesworth on him.
It is interesting to note the difference in tone in this thread as compared to the earlier one that was generally an extended attack on Portis with some even suggesting that his remarks might hasten his departure from D.C. I guess when an outside source criticizes a Redskin it galvanizes support, but it is interesting nonetheless.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
It is interesting to note the difference in tone in this thread as compared to the earlier one that was generally an extended attack on Portis with some even suggesting that his remarks might hasten his departure from D.C. I guess when an outside source criticizes a Redskin it galvanizes support, but it is interesting nonetheless.
It was the wrong statement for CP to make but I'm not sure where Dr. Z gets off saying that Portis is now showing his true colors. He's trying to paint him as an awful human being based on one comment
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: DR.Z at it again

I think in a way CP does show his true colors, that he's an dimwit with little sense of right & wrong. I'm not disappointed because I always suspected CP was dim and he proved me correct. I'm not surprised or disappointed. Samuels on the otherhand is a disappointment. I always thought he had better sense but it turns out I was wrong. He's also a misguided dimwit.

Anyone who puts any stock in what athletes say or do outside of blocking, tackling, & running is making a mistake.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
mmil12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 107
Re: DR.Z at it again

I can't stand Dr. Z, are you guys ready for a year full of his non-sense!
mmil12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #36
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmil12 View Post
I can't stand Dr. Z, are you guys ready for a year full of his non-sense!
I always hear everyone here complain about how much he is this and that but someone must be reading all his stuff because the min. he writes about the skins it is posted here. For that matter every writer that gets bashed here gets posted here around the same time it is posted on the web. For these guy's to suck so much they get allot of reading from members here.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #37
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The problem is he took up for a friends actions that are "illegal" if he is arrested and found guilty of the crime. The funny thing is if "Vick" is never arrested for this then he can say look I told you I had nothing to do with dog fighting, but "Clinton" cannot go back after supporting the criminal act because he has allready done so.
Couldn't agree more. I think many of the CP supporters on here have completely missed this point. It doesn't matter if Vick is actually guilty or not. Portis condoned the very behavior that Vick is being accused of. At least Samuels's comments were related to withholding judgment on Vick until after he is actually proven innocent.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think in a way CP does show his true colors, that he's an dimwit with little sense of right & wrong. I'm not disappointed because I always suspected CP was dim and he proved me correct. I'm not surprised or disappointed. Samuels on the otherhand is a disappointment. I always thought he had better sense but it turns out I was wrong. He's also a misguided dimwit.

Anyone who puts any stock in what athletes say or do outside of blocking, tackling, & running is making a mistake.
You say you're disappointed in Samuels, but then you end with saying we shouldn't take stock with what these guys say.

So do you really care what they say or not?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #39
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think in a way CP does show his true colors, that he's an dimwit with little sense of right & wrong. I'm not disappointed because I always suspected CP was dim and he proved me correct. I'm not surprised or disappointed. Samuels on the otherhand is a disappointment. I always thought he had better sense but it turns out I was wrong. He's also a misguided dimwit.

Anyone who puts any stock in what athletes say or do outside of blocking, tackling, & running is making a mistake.

that is ridiculous when samuels was laughing because he was nervous
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You say you're disappointed in Samuels, but then you end with saying we shouldn't take stock with what these guys say.

So do you really care what they say or not?
I don't think this is a question of taking stock in what these guy's say its the fack that he is supporting an illegal ack. Now if they were talking politics then the term "taking stock in what they say" would be the correct response.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: DR.Z at it again

I don't think Portis supports dog fighting, I got the impression that CP just thinks there are more important things going on in the world and we shouldn't jump to conclusions and judge Vick until all the facts are known.

I don't agree with him, but at the same time if he shows up on Sunday and does his job that's all I really care about in the end.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I don't think Portis supports dog fighting, I got the impression that CP just thinks there are more important things going on in the world and we shouldn't jump to conclusions and judge Vick until all the facts are known.

I don't agree with him, but at the same time if he shows up on Sunday and does his job that's all I really care about in the end.
You need to listen to what he said again. I came across with the impression that he was implying that:
1. Its just dog fighting (did not bother him it was cruel way to treat an animals.
2. Their Vick's dogs to do what he wants with them. (thats just stupied)
3. Private property and in his home which is no ones business. (The fact that its illegal didn't seem to bother him).
By his statement I would have no idea if he supported dog fighting or not but if I was forced to bet either way I have to say he does not have a problem with dog fighting. I do realize that people are raised in different ways so they think differently about thing like this. Take a person who raises chickens and will go out ring ones neck then eat it for dinner. To some people this would be very cruel but for allot of people its everyday life. I'm not totaly down on Portis.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,793
Re: DR.Z at it again

Either way I really don't care what his views are on things. He's just a person like the rest of us, just because he puts on a uniform and plays a game doesn't make his opinion any more valuable than anyone else's.

Do I agree with him, no. But frankly I really don't care what he thinks or says.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #44
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
that is ridiculous when samuels was laughing because he was nervous
Samuels was nervous? What would he have to be nervous about? Its not like this is the first time he was ever on TV. Samuels may have been a lot of things during that interview but he was not nervous.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:56 AM   #45
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: DR.Z at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I don't think Portis supports dog fighting, I got the impression that CP just thinks there are more important things going on in the world and we shouldn't jump to conclusions and judge Vick until all the facts are known.

I don't agree with him, but at the same time if he shows up on Sunday and does his job that's all I really care about in the end.
I think CP was saying the dogs, the house, & the property belong to Vick and because of that he can do what he wants (legal or illegal) with his stuff on his property so shut up and mind your own business. I dont know if CP likes or does not like dog fighting but obvoiusly illegal activity does not bother him and he thinks it should not concern us as it was all done with and on private property.

Like you I dont put much worth in what these guys say outside of blocking & tackling but I think a lot of people on this site and fans in general do.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32734 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25