Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are We a Contender?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 42
Posts: 960
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
No, I didn't make the cut, Sylvester and Sugar Ray told me to go home and never come back.
Good one, took me a second to catch it.

Since everyone in the division made the playoffs last year but us, I'm going to have to say no. I do think we'll be improved defensively, the additions we made in the secondary should free us up some blitzers up front. But JC is still young and learning, Portis and Moss are already hurting, ah screw it, hell yeah we're contenders. Run, run, run with Portis and Betts, play action to Moss, and find a way to get Randle El loose and we're in the hunt!
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #32
Camp Scrub
 
davelavarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vicenza, Italy
Age: 38
Posts: 52
Re: Are We a Contender?

We are a defensive improvement and a major offensive variety away from being a contender. Not this year, neither next.
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS FOREVER!!
davelavarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #33
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,071
Re: Are We a Contender?

Contenders? You betcha.

I predict the Skins and 49ers in the NFC Championship...can't call the winner yet.

I know, sounds crazy, but that's my prediction :-)
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #34
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Contenders? You betcha.

I predict the Skins and 49ers in the NFC Championship...can't call the winner yet.

I know, sounds crazy, but that's my prediction :-)

49ers huh cant see that but that is your perrogative
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Contenders? You betcha.

I predict the Skins and 49ers in the NFC Championship...can't call the winner yet.

I know, sounds crazy, but that's my prediction :-)
49ers record was inflated by a weak schedule and some good fortune. They will improve this season, but I don't think the standings are going to reflect that. 7-9 sounds reasonable for them.

I think the Rams and Eagles/Bears will play in the NFC Championship. But hey, a few good bounces at crucial times, and why not Redskins/Rams?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #36
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
49ers record was inflated by a weak schedule and some good fortune. They will improve this season, but I don't think the standings are going to reflect that. 7-9 sounds reasonable for them.

I think the Rams and Eagles/Bears will play in the NFC Championship. But hey, a few good bounces at crucial times, and why not Redskins/Rams?

Rams!!!!!!!!!!! really dont even see them winning the division or making the playoffs. The Bears had their chance two years in a row and they f**ked up both times. The NFC championship will be

REDSKINS 31
PANTHERS 10
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #37
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Rams!!!!!!!!!!! really dont even see them winning the division or making the playoffs. The Bears had their chance two years in a row and they f**ked up both times. The NFC championship will be

REDSKINS 31
PANTHERS 10
Panthers might end up coming out of a really weak division this year as NFC South , but they'd be pretty lucky to get anywhere in January. I don't even know who the WCs will be, but I'm pretty sure that the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC West or East could take them.

Then again, once their in the 12 team tournament, Carolina has just as good a chance to come out of the crapshoot as the 8 other teams that play WC weekend do.

The Bears will be good again, but even if they win their division, a return trip to the SB is unlikely to say the least. Not that they aren't the most qualified team, but the field is really, really large.

I like St. Louis' defense this year to take the big leap foward (and thats the key to this pick). Couple that with an MVP season from Bulger, a great, consistent performance from Jackson, and the explosiveness of Holt, and you have my 2007 NFC Super Bowl pick.

Arizona is a darkhorse. Leinart will be everything for them that JC will be for us and more.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #38
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: Are We a Contender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Panthers might end up coming out of a really weak division this year as NFC South , but they'd be pretty lucky to get anywhere in January. I don't even know who the WCs will be, but I'm pretty sure that the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFC West or East could take them.

Then again, once their in the 12 team tournament, Carolina has just as good a chance to come out of the crapshoot as the 8 other teams that play WC weekend do.

The Bears will be good again, but even if they win their division, a return trip to the SB is unlikely to say the least. Not that they aren't the most qualified team, but the field is really, really large.

I like St. Louis' defense this year to take the big leap foward (and thats the key to this pick). Couple that with an MVP season from Bulger, a great, consistent performance from Jackson, and the explosiveness of Holt, and you have my 2007 NFC Super Bowl pick.

Arizona is a darkhorse. Leinart will be everything for them that JC will be for us and more.

Arizona is always a darkhorse and every year they mess up. But my NFC super bowl pick is the Redskins and the NFC goes as follows

Seedings

1. Saints 12-4
2. Redskins 12-4
3. Seahawks 11-5
4. Bears 10-6
5. Panthers 10-6
6. 49ers 9-7

Wild Card
3. Seahawks 28
6. 49ers 21

4. Bears 20
5. Panthers 34

Divisional Round

1. Saints 24
5. Panthers 28 Panthers beat the Saints for the 3rd time in that season

2. Redskins 35 Redskins get revenge at Fed Ex field for the 2005 playoffs
3. Seahawks 17

NFC championship game

Redskins 31 Clinton Portis has a huge game and rushes for 3 TD's
Panthers 10
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21786 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25