Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 10:32 AM   #91
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You're right...and at this point, so is VY. Funny all the love VY gets here...oddly enough, Vick had that love at one point too.
"YOU WANNA CROWN HIS ASS THEN CROWN HIM". Haha.
They both suck...sorry...they are both amazingly overrated. VY is nothing special minus his legs, and so is Vick. Right now, they are on identical paths.

Oh, and earthquake...when exactly did Vick have good receivers? I didn't miss your point at all...you said he was accurate, he is not. He is the definition of overrated.

No no no I said he had better recievers than young did and he has been in the league since 2001. He should not have the same accuracy rating as a rookie QB who didnt even start the entire season.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #92
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Dude, u put it in wrong words.. Individually, for some yes u are right.. But when our o-line works tog, it is one of best o-line in NFL.. It's all because of teamwork..

I think the reason GTRIPP said that our offensive line is overrated is not because of skill level. I think he was leaning more towards the consistency of the unit. And I see where he is coming from. They always seem to become a dominant line in the last five games of the season. But, seriously where is that dominance during the first 10-12 games of the season. We never seem to show that same drive and hear and determination during the majority of the season that we see towards the end when we go "balls to the wall" because we have nothing left to play for. That is what I think Gtripp meant.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #93
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I think the reason GTRIPP said that our offensive line is overrated is not because of skill level. I think he was leaning more towards the consistency of the unit. And I see where he is coming from. They always seem to become a dominant line in the last five games of the season. But, seriously where is that dominance during the first 10-12 games of the season. We never seem to show that same drive and hear and determination during the majority of the season that we see towards the end when we go "balls to the wall" because we have nothing left to play for. That is what I think Gtripp meant.
Well, maybe Gtripp and u re right.. But we allowed few sacks, I think 2nd in NFL, I forgot exactly where we ranked.. And Betts wouldn't have had this much of yards if it weren't for our o-line..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:19 PM   #94
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well, maybe Gtripp and u re right.. But we allowed few sacks, I think 2nd in NFL, I forgot exactly where we ranked.. And Betts wouldn't have had this much of yards if it weren't for our o-line..

True but when did we start creating those holes for Betts. After we had been eliminated from playoff contention. (Or seriously close to it.) And that pass blocking dominance came after Jason Campbell came in and it was as much Campbell's ability to side step the rush and take off when need be as it was the pass blocking.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #95
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No no no I said he had better recievers than young did and he has been in the league since 2001. He should not have the same accuracy rating as a rookie QB who didnt even start the entire season.
OK, I know this is somewhat beating a dead horse cause you fully beleive VY is not overrated, and I clearly do...so we may just need to agree to disagree. But I thought it was worthy to point out Vick's WR's during his first full season:
Brian Finneran 56 - 838
Shawn Jefferson 27 - 394
Trevor Gaylor 25 - 385
Willie Jackson 18 - 199
Quentin McCord 11 - 253
That quite possibly could rank up there with one of the worst WR corps EVER!
I'm not saying VY had a GREAT WR corp, but I'd take Bennett / Givens (injured) Jones and Wade over what Vick had any day. Although I will agree it's pretty weak.
FYI- Young threw more INT's than TD's last year...for as bad as Vick is (and overrated) in a full season, Vick has never done that. That doesn't bode well for Young.
PS- While Young didn't play the entire season, he did play in 15 games. Seriously...15 games.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #96
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, I know this is somewhat beating a dead horse cause you fully beleive VY is not overrated, and I clearly do...so we may just need to agree to disagree. But I thought it was worthy to point out Vick's WR's during his first full season:
Brian Finneran 56 - 838
Shawn Jefferson 27 - 394
Trevor Gaylor 25 - 385
Willie Jackson 18 - 199
Quentin McCord 11 - 253
That quite possibly could rank up there with one of the worst WR corps EVER!
I'm not saying VY had a GREAT WR corp, but I'd take Bennett / Givens (injured) Jones and Wade over what Vick had any day. Although I will agree it's pretty weak.
FYI- Young threw more INT's than TD's last year...for as bad as Vick is (and overrated) in a full season, Vick has never done that. That doesn't bode well for Young.
PS- While Young didn't play the entire season, he did play in 15 games. Seriously...15 games.

But how many games did he start. And how many games did he win and it is not that I dont think that Young isnt overrated because right now he is. It is just that Vick is vastly more overrated than Young is. What VIck was expected to do in the pros is extremely higher than what Young was expected to do.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #97
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: CBS Sportsline list of overrated and underrated players for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
But how many games did he start. And how many games did he win and it is not that I dont think that Young isnt overrated because right now he is. It is just that Vick is vastly more overrated than Young is. What VIck was expected to do in the pros is extremely higher than what Young was expected to do.
Well, what you have in your favor with Young is the fact that he still has plenty of time to turn it around...Vick sucked when he came in, and he still sucks.
I will just say this, I have very little faith that Young will become a good QB, time will tell. So I will see you in a few years and say "I told you so" just like I did with all those people that thought Vick was something special.

PS- I have no problem saying I am wrong, and I hope that I am, cause I like to see scrambling QB's succeed.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21135 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25