Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Special Teams
 
Hog's Breath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 418
Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - NFL off-season roundup

Seems genuine to me. Glad to see it, too. Don't want the Skins to become a thug life team, yo!
Hog's Breath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

I personally think people overreacted, because Portis is Portis. He says stuff. Anyways good thing he came out and said that though.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Yay, now we can focus on the rest of the BS the offseason brings! When in the hell is the season going to start? I am tired of this.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

I am kicking the next stupid dog that I see. This whole thing is idiotic and the fact that this is news pisses me off.

Are we in the NFC east or a goddamn tupperware party? The entire country needs to grow a pair.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

I love Snoopy, Odie, Marmaduke, etc. as much as the next guy but why should Portis get more grief for these comments than this comment Devil Rays OF Elijah Dukes made to his wife

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I am kicking the next stupid dog that I see. This whole thing is idiotic and the fact that this is news pisses me off.

Are we in the NFC east or a goddamn tupperware party? The entire country needs to grow a pair.
You think Daseal is going to be cool with you encroaching on his puppy kicking domain?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You think Daseal is going to be cool with you encroaching on his puppy kicking domain?
If the mutt has a Cowboys sweater on I will choke it with it's leash! I may punt it off the side of my foot like Frosty in the fourth quarter.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,500
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Breath View Post
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - NFL off-season roundup

Seems genuine to me. Glad to see it, too. Don't want the Skins to become a thug life team, yo!
I highly doubt CP's comments were going to make the Skins a thug team. Everyone knows how CP is and how he likes to joke around w/ the media. Everyone needed to just freakin chill the hell out.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I love Snoopy, Odie, Marmaduke, etc. as much as the next guy but why should Portis get more grief for these comments than this comment Devil Rays OF Elijah Dukes made to his wife

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."
Fair point SS, what Dukes said is obviously worse, but I don't necessarily agree that just because someone said something more egregious we should pay less attention to the dog fighting issue. Both people should be condemned. Portis deserved the grief he caught, now he's apologized and seems genuinely contrite, so now let's round up the regulators and ride on Elijah.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #10
Special Teams
 
Hog's Breath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 418
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I highly doubt CP's comments were going to make the Skins a thug team. Everyone knows how CP is and how he likes to joke around w/ the media. Everyone needed to just freakin chill the hell out.

I don't know. He seemed pretty serious when he made the intial remarks.

Now, if he had been wearing a cape, rainbow colored wig, and a ginormous pair of sunglasses, then maybe he would have been joking.
Hog's Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 AM   #11
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Whatever who gives a shit? If anybody says something negative about a dog on this site it will not be public knowledge by tommorrow morning joking or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech. The United States seriously needs to consider changing its name to The United States of the easily offended. Stop crying just because somebody says something that you don't like!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Whatever who gives a shit? If anybody says something negative about a dog on this site it will not be public knowledge by tommorrow morning joking or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech. The United States seriously needs to consider changing its name to The United States of the easily offended. Stop crying just because somebody says something that you don't like!
But it's not like he was saying The Departed shouldn't have won the Oscar, he was defending a felony. And freedom of speech just means that you can't go to jail for what you say, it has nothing to do with how people react to your words. Of course he is entitled to his opinion just as I am entitled to be disgusted with it.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
Special Teams
 
Hog's Breath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 418
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Whatever who gives a shit? If anybody says something negative about a dog on this site it will not be public knowledge by tommorrow morning joking or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech. The United States seriously needs to consider changing its name to The United States of the easily offended. Stop crying just because somebody says something that you don't like!
You're right, he is entitled to say what he wants. The thing that bothered me the most is that it came from one of our players.
Hog's Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #14
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Breath View Post
You're right, he is entitled to say what he wants. The thing that bothered me the most is that it came from one of our players.
He may be a Redskin, but he is still an individual. He was not representing the organization when he made those remarks.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #15
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Apologizes For Dog Fighting Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
But it's not like he was saying The Departed shouldn't have won the Oscar, he was defending a felony. And freedom of speech just means that you can't go to jail for what you say, it has nothing to do with how people react to your words. Of course he is entitled to his opinion just as I am entitled to be disgusted with it.
Exactly my point. You don't have to like it, but you have to respect his rights.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29348 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25