Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Total toss up at this point as to whether it will be a squeaker or a blowout. Really can't say. Too many questions to be answered, but to be honest I think most of them will be answered in a positive way(JC, defensive backfield, LB corp, Llyod and Randle El getting more receptions) If the pass rush is decent and we can get our stud wideouts the ball often, we will crush them. They won't be able to focus on Portis/Betts and their D will disintegrate. IF we could get back to 2005 shape defensively, it should be killer. Trent is good for sure, but he doesn't have that much talent to work with in my opinion to really hurt our D. I can't see Ron Brown doing that much damage against our LB corp either. Only way it is really close is if both teams get opening week jitters and it is a sloppy game.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #32
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

I say the only thing Trent may lack in this game is timing with his WR's. I would much rather play him early in the year than latter as his timing becomes better. His age to me is not an issue this year but in terms of building a team it is an issue for them over the next few years.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #33
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

I think it's going to be similar to the Skins and Bears game of 2005. Tight game, with the Skins coming out victorious. I think our defense (if healthy, unlike last year) will totally dominate the Dolphins offense. I think their defense could pose problems for our offense unless Campbell really has progressed like we all think (hope) he has.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Let's not forget we said the exact same thing about Brad Johnson and the Vikings last year. If we have laerned anything over the past couple of years is don't underestimate anyone
Well, anything is possible in the NFL. But some things are less possible. Miami is really going to struggle on offense this year. Trent Green looks like an old QB now. He's 37 and can't get it downfield anymore. He reminds me of Brunell at this point of his career. He just didn't play very well when he came back from his injury last year. KC saw the writing on the wall and that's why they got rid of him. Plus Miami is suspect at O-line and WR. I just don't see us losing to a team at home with so many holes.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #35
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,229
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well, anything is possible in the NFL. But some things are less possible. Miami is really going to struggle on offense this year. Trent Green looks like an old QB now. He's 37 and can't get it downfield anymore. He reminds me of Brunell at this point of his career. He just didn't play very well when he came back from his injury last year. KC saw the writing on the wall and that's why they got rid of him. Plus Miami is suspect at O-line and WR. I just don't see us losing to a team at home with so many holes.

and the Vikings had the EXACT same holes. So, I could really see us blowing this game like we did with the Vikings last season. And Trent Green is way better than Brunell at this point. It is not even a comparison at all. Trent can still make all the throws and he is not coming off of shoulder surgery like Brunell.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #36
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
and the Vikings had the EXACT same holes. So, I could really see us blowing this game like we did with the Vikings last season. And Trent Green is way better than Brunell at this point. It is not even a comparison at all. Trent can still make all the throws and he is not coming off of shoulder surgery like Brunell.
You could be right. But Minn. has 4 studs across the D-line. It was a bad match-up for us because we always try and ram it down everyone's throat. You saw how NE attacked Minn? 4-5 Wr sets all game long. Well we could not use that type of game plan becasue Brunell can't throw the ball like Brady, and Gibbs doesn't have the balls to use that type of gameplan.

It's debatable whether Green is better than Brunell. I mean Green was not very good last year. Was it becasue the team around him was not as good as previous years? Maybe. But some of it was he was just missing guys and had no confidence once Al S. left. He was terrible in the playoff loss to Indy. If I remember correctly KC didn't even get a first down until the 3rd q of that game.

Green has had no work w/ the Miami offense. He's coming in all late and what not. I just don't see him being very effective the first half of the season. Plus all they have is Chris Chambers. This is a game we should win at home. But it's the NFL and I would not be shocked if they came in here an beat us. After all we were 5-11 last year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Let's not forget we said the exact same thing about Brad Johnson and the Vikings last year. If we have laerned anything over the past couple of years is don't underestimate anyone

You must remember that every year in the NFL is different, and because we cannot over or under estimate any team, it makes it equally difficult to make predictions. That's why I enjoy going to the games because you don't know what's going to happen, the suspense is what makes it worth watching.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #38
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,229
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You could be right. But Minn. has 4 studs across the D-line. It was a bad match-up for us because we always try and ram it down everyone's throat. You saw how NE attacked Minn? 4-5 Wr sets all game long. Well we could not use that type of game plan becasue Brunell can't throw the ball like Brady, and Gibbs doesn't have the balls to use that type of gameplan.

It's debatable whether Green is better than Brunell. I mean Green was not very good last year. Was it becasue the team around him was not as good as previous years? Maybe. But some of it was he was just missing guys and had no confidence once Al S. left. He was terrible in the playoff loss to Indy. If I remember correctly KC didn't even get a first down until the 3rd q of that game.

Green has had no work w/ the Miami offense. He's coming in all late and what not. I just don't see him being very effective the first half of the season. Plus all they have is Chris Chambers. This is a game we should win at home. But it's the NFL and I would not be shocked if they came in here an beat us. After all we were 5-11 last year.

NO the Vikings had 1 stud on the D Line and 1 solid veteran
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
Dogtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dumfries, VA
Age: 61
Posts: 241
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

I would rephrase the question into two parts:

1] How are the Redskins going to come together and play as a total team?

and

2] How fast can T_Green learn the FINS players and offense?

We all hope that the SKINS will come together and win but not a single one of us has a clue as to what will take place on opening day. But that is the excitment of football.
Dogtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
NO the Vikings had 1 stud on the D Line and 1 solid veteran
I think you are correct on that one quake. And the debate is over on who is better Trent or Mark.....who's starting and who's riding the bench.....fighting just to stay in the league another year....?

That's not even close.

You certainly can't take the Fins lightly, that's a fact. However, I feel like we will come out of the gates making a statement after last season, and put this puzzle together....AND WIN A CLOSE ONE.

IMO, we will win the close games this year and that will be the difference, for us to have the WINNING SEASON THAT AWAITS! There is alot of pride within this organization to include the players/coachs/fans that have a bad taste in there mouth from last year, I believe this year will be special!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #41
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,229
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
NO the Vikings had 1 stud on the D Line and 1 solid veteran

Now on the other hand the dolphins have two players who know how to disrupt an offense in Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. Don't forget the fact that the Dolphins defense always ranks in the top 10 regardless of how "sub-par" their defense personnel looks.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Now on the other hand the dolphins have two players who know how to disrupt an offense in Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. Don't forget the fact that the Dolphins defense always ranks in the top 10 regardless of how "sub-par" their defense personnel looks.
I think you forgot someone....hum....Zack Thomas, he's been pretty good at that for a while also. There D will be their strong link by far. As we know a really good defense can win alot of games for you.

We will still be VICTORIOUS!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #43
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,229
Re: How do you think we size up against the FINS week 1, with Trent at QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I think you forgot someone....hum....Zack Thomas, he's been pretty good at that for a while also. There D will be their strong link by far. As we know a really good defense can we alot of games for you.

We will still be VICTORIOUS!

I didnt forget him i was just mentioning the guys that can rush the passer
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29002 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25