Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ROY re-hashed!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, I still firmly beleive the NFL got the rookie of the year wrong in 06. Maurice Jones-Drew should have won!
While Jones-Drew was only 12th in the AFC in Rushing (24th in the NFL) he ranked #1 in all the NFL (with qualified attempts) with a 5.7 ypc.
He also ranked tied for 3rd in total td's with 16. Only Tomlinson (all world 31 total td's) and Johnson (19 total td's) had more. And those two are amazing...1 was the MVP.

On the other foot, Young, was a horrible QB rating wise. Only Gradkowski (TB) and Walter (OAK) had worse rating for all those that reached qualifying attempts.
For all QB's with 10 or more attempts, Young ranked 50th out of 61 QB's in terms of rating.
Young was 1 of only 9 QB's to throw more Int's than TD's (qualified qb's).
In terms of comp %, Young THE WORST in all the NFL for those who qualified.
Only Tuiasosopo (46.2% on 13 attempts), Collins (46.7% on 90 attempts) and Rogers (40% on 15 attempts) we worse than Young for any qb that threw more than 10 attemtps. (that's 61 qb's...so Young was 58th out of 61...that's pathetic.)

Jones drew had a combined 1377 yards (941 rushing and 436 receiving). He also ranked 3rd in the all the NFL in Kickoff returns with a 27.7 average.

How did everyone overlook the obvious horrendous stats that Young put up and missed a true gem in Jones-Drew?
Jsarno, you've hit the nail on the head.

Thinking Vince Young is an exciting player with awesome potential is totally accurate. I'd love to engage anyone in a debate that thought he had a better year than Maurice Jones-Drew though. I mean, it wasn't even close.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Young obviously did not get it for his stats. He got it for his game changing abilities and the way he sparked his team and helped them to a much better finish than anyone expected.
My beef is that the ROY selectors should take their job more seriously. I mean, they are supposed to use judgement skills to sort through the hype and give the award to the best rookie. Instead, they appeared to have done no research or given any thought to it whatsoever.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't let someone like Jsarno onto their committee. He's quite clearly more qualified to think than they are.

These post season awards are crazy jokes.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Didn't know what to expect to be honest, just came in to see what it was about. I am more worried about Rogers supposedly sexually assaulting that stripper. I wish these guys would cut this garbage out. Why would a millionaire need to go to a strip joint? All of those Oakland CO hotties throw themselves at Detroit sports stars. They can get anything for free!!!! Only decent looking gals in MI are in Oakland and Livingston Co, at least good looking ones with college degrees. Wayne Co really sucks in that regards. I want to move back to the DC area soon!!!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #19
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Didn't know what to expect to be honest, just came in to see what it was about. I am more worried about Rogers supposedly sexually assaulting that stripper. I wish these guys would cut this garbage out. Why would a millionaire need to go to a strip joint? All of those Oakland CO hotties throw themselves at Detroit sports stars. They can get anything for free!!!! Only decent looking gals in MI are in Oakland and Livingston Co, at least good looking ones with college degrees. Wayne Co really sucks in that regards. I want to move back to the DC area soon!!!!!!!
GusFrerotte, where in Oakland County do you live?

(I'm actually in Oakland County right now as I ask this)
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Does anyone else there think that Jones-Drew is the next Barry Sanders like me?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: ROY re-hashed!

What's with the man crush on Jones-Drew?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:43 AM   #22
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Jsarno, you've hit the nail on the head.

Thinking Vince Young is an exciting player with awesome potential is totally accurate. I'd love to engage anyone in a debate that thought he had a better year than Maurice Jones-Drew though. I mean, it wasn't even close.
I mean you want the simple answer? All these awards and probowl selection is bullshit. Plain and simple. Hype and marketability plays a role in these awards as well. No one knew/cared about Jones-Drews let alone the "boring and unsexy" Jags.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #23
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
What's with the man crush on Jones-Drew?
LOL, well, he got skrewed, and VY gets all sorts of undeserved credit.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 AM   #24
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
What's with the man crush on Jones-Drew?
I dont know if there is a man crush, I think most people feel he got jipped. I think he was equal to, if not more deserving of the award.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #25
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
My beef is that the ROY selectors should take their job more seriously. I mean, they are supposed to use judgement skills to sort through the hype and give the award to the best rookie. Instead, they appeared to have done no research or given any thought to it whatsoever.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't let someone like Jsarno onto their committee. He's quite clearly more qualified to think than they are.

These post season awards are crazy jokes.
If the HOF committee has issues getting the right guys in, how the hell do you think people voting on rookie of the year are going to do??

The postseason awards are on par with the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest and yes in the end some people get screwed.

Personally I don't see it as big deal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #26
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I dont know if there is a man crush, I think most people feel he got jipped. I think he was equal to, if not more deserving of the award.

Agreed.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #27
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
If the HOF committee has issues getting the right guys in, how the hell do you think people voting on rookie of the year are going to do??

The postseason awards are on par with the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest and yes in the end some people get screwed.

Personally I don't see it as big deal.
No one is really saying it's a big deal...it's not like the MVP award, but it still doesn't change the fact that Young didn't deserve it.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
No one is really saying it's a big deal...it's not like the MVP award, but it still doesn't change the fact that Young didn't deserve it.
So why are we discussing it then? Seems to be one of your personal vendettas.

Whether he deserved it or not is debatable.

It doesn't change the fact he won it... game over.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #29
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I dont know if there is a man crush, I think most people feel he got jipped. I think he was equal to, if not more deserving of the award.
Comparing him to Barry Sanders?

C'mon, that's man crush territory.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #30
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: ROY re-hashed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So why are we discussing it then? Seems to be one of your personal vendettas.
Just one of those "grinds my gears" type of things that happened.

Quote:
Whether he deserved it or not is debatable.
Thus the thread.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31218 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25