Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


New level of disrespect

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #61
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: New level of disrespect

Prior to the draft, Peter King LOVED Campbell. If PK says he's good, then that's good enough for me.

(sarcasm folks, sarcasm)
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #62
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
The Skins didn't have a 2nd rnd. pick that year as I recall. They traded their first (the next year's) plus a 3rd for Denver's 1st. JC would've definitely been gone by the time the Skins picked in the 3rd.

While I don't agree w/ a lot of personnel moves we've made - see b. loyd- to go & get JC was the right one, even if he doesn't turn out to be that good. It was the right move because Gibbs believed he could be the qb of the future (as I do) for 10+ years. Paying a 3rd rnd. pick to get the guy you think can lead your franchise for years (because we swapped 1st rnd. picks) is not much of a price.

I guarantee you, in 5-6 years, when people are debating Gibbs II, they will look back at his drafting JC as a major coup.
yes this is the trade

1) Denver traded its first-round pick (No. 25) to Washington for the Redskinsí third-round pick (No. 76) and 2006 first- and fourth-round picks, April 19. Washington selected Auburn QB Jason Campbell. Denver selected Washington State CB Karl Paymah.

what everyone was saying is that gibbs could have traded with some of the high 2nd round teams and pay a lot less not only in draft picks but $$$$ and because the trade was unnecessary made pre draft gibbs didn't look how the draft was developing and who was willing to trade out later on which some teams would definitely do.

Gibbs taught Rodgers would be the second qb taken no later than the top 10 so he new a team might like to take campbell i nthe first round nobody expected Rodgers to fell so bad that's why you wait and don't make trades before the draft and it isn't as if it came cheap to make the trade earlier.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #63
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 559
Re: New level of disrespect

Unfortunately guys we will continue to get dissed until our team starts winning. Then, and only then will the madness stop.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #64
Impact Rookie
 
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: va
Age: 47
Posts: 890
Re: New level of disrespect

Our QB situation isn't great, especially with Brunell and collins. Hopefully JC can step up and be at least a decent QB. If JC gets hurt were done. I'm not completely sold on JC but I'll be rooting like crazy for him to due well or this season will be a wash. I just wish we could get rid of this Brunell experiment. We cant win with Brunell or Collins.
CHIEF CHUCKING MY SPEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #65
Special Teams
 
atomicnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 174
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
What is so ridiculous about it? Reality doesn't sit well around here.

The fact's are we have a young unproven starter, and absolutly nothing behind him, Brunell and Collins are both a joke and have been since their arrival. Then we may have 2 possible backup's who have never taken a snap in the NFL. Once you come to the realization that Brunell is and has been finished since his arrival, and Collins is nothing more than an individual who understands Saunders offense but can't run it, there you have it, we have all our eggs in 1 basket, and that basket is a young inexperienced QB, after that we have nothing!
Are you kidding? Mark Brunell had the 5th highest passer rating before being benched in 2006 and he had 23 TDs in 2005 along with a 10-6 record. A JOKE SINCE HIS ARRIVAL? I think not.

Don't try to shove your garbage like that.
atomicnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #66
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicnixon View Post
Are you kidding? Mark Brunell had the 5th highest passer rating before being benched in 2006 and he had 23 TDs in 2005 along with a 10-6 record. A JOKE SINCE HIS ARRIVAL? I think not.

Don't try to shove your garbage like that.
Yes he had respectable stats last year. You know why? Becasue when it was 3rd and 8 Brunell would throw 5 yard pass to Betts for a 6 yard gain. Looks good in the stat sheet, but it didn't do shit to help move the chains, or help the team win.

And yes he played well for most of 05. But do you remember the end of the season and in the playoffs? He was downright dreadful. I still don't know how we beat TB with 41 yards passing.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #67
Special Teams
 
atomicnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 174
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yes he had respectable stats last year. You know why? Becasue when it was 3rd and 8 Brunell would throw 5 yard pass to Betts for a 6 yard gain. Looks good in the stat sheet, but it didn't do shit to help move the chains, or help the team win.

And yes he played well for most of 05. But do you remember the end of the season and in the playoffs? He was downright dreadful. I still don't know how we beat TB with 41 yards passing.
I agree with the statement about the playoffs, but I would attribute that to the injury he suffered in the Giants game, he wasn't exactly hot against the Eagles the next week.
atomicnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #68
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: New level of disrespect

I got no problem with Brunell but I would LOVE IT if we could go with one full season without having to bring up his name. Especially with him not playing
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #69
Camp Scrub
 
enel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 37
Posts: 16
Wink Re: New level of disrespect

Let the media say what they will... Do I think we're better then they have rated us Yes... but Have the Redskins showed any consistency since Gibbs has returned...

NO.

The past few years the redskins have always been give more credit then they were due by the media in the past few years because of all the big free agents DANNY like to bring in... and we always seem to look good on Paper.... Well I am frankly tired of all the pre-season hype and the let down during the real season...

The Skins need to work their asses off in TC and make progress all preseason, use the preseason games to improve and tune weak areas... Then get out there and kick some freakin ass and prove everybody wrong again. They proved em wrong the past few years when everyone has picked us as favorites and we flop and go 5-11. Let's prove them wrong the other way around DAMN IT!
__________________
Have Faith & Believe - HAIL!
enel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #70
Special Teams
 
atomicnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 174
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enel View Post
Let the media say what they will... Do I think we're better then they have rated us Yes... but Have the Redskins showed any consistency since Gibbs has returned...

NO.

The past few years the redskins have always been give more credit then they were due by the media in the past few years because of all the big free agents DANNY like to bring in... and we always seem to look good on Paper.... Well I am frankly tired of all the pre-season hype and the let down during the real season...

The Skins need to work their asses off in TC and make progress all preseason, use the preseason games to improve and tune weak areas... Then get out there and kick some freakin ass and prove everybody wrong again. They proved em wrong the past few years when everyone has picked us as favorites and we flop and go 5-11. Let's prove them wrong the other way around DAMN IT!
WELL SAID!
atomicnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #71
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yes he had respectable stats last year. You know why? Becasue when it was 3rd and 8 Brunell would throw 5 yard pass to Betts for a 6 yard gain. Looks good in the stat sheet, but it didn't do shit to help move the chains, or help the team win.

And yes he played well for most of 05. But do you remember the end of the season and in the playoffs? He was downright dreadful. I still don't know how we beat TB with 41 yards passing.
I honestly do believe that Brunell's production might have fallen off the table if he was forced to finish the season in 2006.

Up until the last game he started, he was doing a great job moving the chains though.

Note that he ranks 15th in total QB value (of which converting first downs/moving the chains are the biggest factor) from last year...and he didn't even start the last seven games of the year. Had he gotten those starts...I'm not sure he would have ranked too much higher. But its still very telling that more than half the starting QBs in the league didn't accrue as much value in 16 games as Brunell did in 9.

Names like Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, David Carr, and, Rex Grossman...among others. Not as many successful plays in 16 games as Brunell had in 9.

I just don't think he can make it through a season anymore.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #72
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I honestly do believe that Brunell's production might have fallen off the table if he was forced to finish the season in 2006.

Up until the last game he started, he was doing a great job moving the chains though.

Note that he ranks 15th in total QB value (of which converting first downs/moving the chains are the biggest factor) from last year...and he didn't even start the last seven games of the year. Had he gotten those starts...I'm not sure he would have ranked too much higher. But its still very telling that more than half the starting QBs in the league didn't accrue as much value in 16 games as Brunell did in 9.

Names like Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, David Carr, and, Rex Grossman...among others. Not as many successful plays in 16 games as Brunell had in 9.

I just don't think he can make it through a season anymore.
I probably should look at the website, but do those first downs account for average yards to go or yards after the catch. The reason I ask is that I feel ol' Mark got a LOT of assistance from his supporting cast last year. Betts was always money after the catch which was typically a short dump off, far short of the sticks. I just remember last year having new heart attacks watching Mark dump off two or three yards down the field only to feel a sigh of relief to watch our receivers make players after the catch.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #73
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I honestly do believe that Brunell's production might have fallen off the table if he was forced to finish the season in 2006.

Up until the last game he started, he was doing a great job moving the chains though.

Note that he ranks 15th in total QB value (of which converting first downs/moving the chains are the biggest factor) from last year...and he didn't even start the last seven games of the year. Had he gotten those starts...I'm not sure he would have ranked too much higher. But its still very telling that more than half the starting QBs in the league didn't accrue as much value in 16 games as Brunell did in 9.

Names like Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, JP Losman, David Carr, and, Rex Grossman...among others. Not as many successful plays in 16 games as Brunell had in 9.

I just don't think he can make it through a season anymore.
Well, when the games were on the line, we were not moving the chains and our scoring was down. We had some games against Dall. NYG and Phil where we could barely get 1st downs. Not all his fault. But teams just had no respect for our passing game and there were 9 guys always lurking around the line killing our running game. Once JC took over one thing I noticed was that the running game started to take off.

I think he will do fine if we need him for 1 or 2 games and that's it. That way he will be 100% healthy because it seems the injuries really affect his play.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #74
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: New level of disrespect

No NFL offense works when you throw 5 yard passes and depend on guys running after the catch to get 1st downs. Most of the time you have to throw the ball past the 1st down marker in order to consistently make 1st downs in the NFL. And that's what was so frustrating with Brunell last year. I don't think he was ever comfortable in the new offense.

Well, he is not our starting QB anymore so we don't have to talk about him. He should do fine in the backup role if his shoulder is OK.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:08 AM   #75
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: New level of disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I got no problem with Brunell but I would LOVE IT if we could go with one full season without having to bring up his name. Especially with him not playing
LOL, I wouldn't count on that.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32998 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25