Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #46
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
all you cane haters should read the SI article by stewart mandel after the brawl.

To quote him:
"You might not believe this -- you might not want to believe this -- but over the past decade, Miami has had fewer player arrests or NCAA-related incidents than almost any other major program in the country. Miami has not had 20-plus incidents involving shoplifting, assault, gun charges and failed drug tests over the past two years, as Tennessee has. Miami has not had to dismiss a star player for earning money through a phony job, as Oklahoma has. Miami has not had a star linebacker accused of sexual assault on the eve of its bowl game as Florida State did last year. And Miami's most recent Academic Progress Rate (956) placed it in the top 20 to 30 percent of all Division I football programs."

I know this contradicts an earlier post, but it's true.

It's all about the U baby!
Just wanted to bump this post since I think many ignored it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just wanted to bump this post since I think many ignored it
I don't think anyone ignored it...but that post, and my post are two different things, and VASTLY different.
1- it says NCAA related issues, nothing about the graduates in the NFL.
2- OK, so they are not as bad as Tenn over the past 2 years...again, NCAA, not NFL.
3- not really sure what the acedemic progress rate has to do with anything. Does this mean they sucked for years, now they are trying to pull up their rates? Also, considering that Miami University is MASSIVE, and the football players take up maybe 1% of the university population, I doubt that means anything about the team...especially when there was accusasions about professors giving grades away for football players. (not sure what came of that)

Fact still remains since 1983, no other NCAA team has had more issues than Miami. They produce the most thug like players. That post does not change this fact.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #48
Camp Scrub
 
STBonecrusher21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

I like the uniform design.
__________________
Sean will kill you.
STBonecrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 PM   #49
Camp Scrub
 
eskins2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I don't think anyone ignored it...but that post, and my post are two different things, and VASTLY different.
1- it says NCAA related issues, nothing about the graduates in the NFL.
2- OK, so they are not as bad as Tenn over the past 2 years...again, NCAA, not NFL.
3- not really sure what the acedemic progress rate has to do with anything. Does this mean they sucked for years, now they are trying to pull up their rates? Also, considering that Miami University is MASSIVE, and the football players take up maybe 1% of the university population, I doubt that means anything about the team...especially when there was accusasions about professors giving grades away for football players. (not sure what came of that)

Fact still remains since 1983, no other NCAA team has had more issues than Miami. They produce the most thug like players. That post does not change this fact.
Miami University is massive?

I have two problems with that statement.
1.) It is the University of Miami
2.) Miami has 10,000 undergraduate students, I don't know how that is classified as MASSIVE!!!

The academic progress rate deals only with student-athletes so i guess that MASSIVE 8,000 other undergraduates are excluded from this number.

Since 1983, more issues? That is a little vague.
The most "thug like" players? What does that even mean?

Another tidbit...Miami lead the ACC this year with 8 All Academic FOOTBALL players...more than Duke, Boston College, UNC

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It is ignorant assholes like you that keep the perception that the University of Miami is a "thug program." Sure they have issues in the 80's and they were caught and served serious probation time. They essentially had their scholarships cut in half between 1995-1999...signed track stars like Santana Moss and turned them into football players. The year after probation they went 10-1 and then followed it up with a national championship in 2001. They were one play away from a national championship in '02.

How about a little respect for the program that created some of our favorite Redskins, Moss, Portis, Taylor...and soon to be Rocky.

Did anyone see the Minnesota player who gang rapped a girl with a .3 BAC at party and recorded it...probably not.
__________________
"Hey, because you know what the biggest room in the world is, right? Room for improvement."
- Brandon Lloyd
eskins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #50
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,094
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
Miami University is massive?

I have two problems with that statement.
1.) It is the University of Miami
2.) Miami has 10,000 undergraduate students, I don't know how that is classified as MASSIVE!!!

The academic progress rate deals only with student-athletes so i guess that MASSIVE 8,000 other undergraduates are excluded from this number.

Since 1983, more issues? That is a little vague.
The most "thug like" players? What does that even mean?

Another tidbit...Miami lead the ACC this year with 8 All Academic FOOTBALL players...more than Duke, Boston College, UNC

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It is ignorant assholes like you that keep the perception that the University of Miami is a "thug program." Sure they have issues in the 80's and they were caught and served serious probation time. They essentially had their scholarships cut in half between 1995-1999...signed track stars like Santana Moss and turned them into football players. The year after probation they went 10-1 and then followed it up with a national championship in 2001. They were one play away from a national championship in '02.

How about a little respect for the program that created some of our favorite Redskins, Moss, Portis, Taylor...and soon to be Rocky.

Did anyone see the Minnesota player who gang rapped a girl with a .3 BAC at party and recorded it...probably not.
You do make some good points in that post, but there was no need for the name calling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #51
Camp Scrub
 
eskins2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
You do make some good points in that post, but there was no need for the name calling.
I know, I apologize. It's just frustrating to see how much work the University has put into the program and still nobody gives them any respect for the amazing body of work they have created.
__________________
"Hey, because you know what the biggest room in the world is, right? Room for improvement."
- Brandon Lloyd
eskins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #52
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
I know, I apologize. It's just frustrating to see how much work the University has put into the program and still nobody gives them any respect for the amazing body of work they have created.
I hear what you're saying. You just have to accept that some people see only black and white and aren't going to be willing to listen or change their stance. I'm sure most of us have been guilty of it at one time or another.

You make great points but unfortunately Miami is still associated with "thug life" and it will time and more than just you to convince most people otherwise.

And yeah that Minnesota story was pretty awful.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
Miami University is massive?

I have two problems with that statement.
1.) It is the University of Miami
2.) Miami has 10,000 undergraduate students, I don't know how that is classified as MASSIVE!!!
On 1- does it really matter?
On 2...well it's 15,000, if your going to post it like it's fact, at least get it right. University of Miami Florida
Yes, I do feel a 15,000 student university is massive.

Quote:
Since 1983, more issues? That is a little vague.
The most "thug like" players? What does that even mean?
How is it vague? I beleive I posted a link to it, something that you likely didn't visit.

Quote:
Another tidbit...Miami lead the ACC this year with 8 All Academic FOOTBALL players...more than Duke, Boston College, UNC
And they were involved in one of the worst brawls in the history of the NCAA...what's your point?

Quote:
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It is ignorant assholes like you that keep the perception that the University of Miami is a "thug program." Sure they have issues in the 80's and they were caught and served serious probation time. They essentially had their scholarships cut in half between 1995-1999...signed track stars like Santana Moss and turned them into football players. The year after probation they went 10-1 and then followed it up with a national championship in 2001. They were one play away from a national championship in '02.
Nice way to be eloquent there buddy...and you're on 4 posts already calling someone an asshole? WOW.
I didn't say they aren't trying to turn it around, but just because you may like the Hurricanes, does not mean they haven't had their issues...and not just in the 80's.
When Miami keeps their nose clean for a long period of time (and that includes their graduates) then the perception will fall away. Hard to do that when issues still occur that get national attention, don't you think?
Again, keep in mind we are referring to graduates in the NFL, not just what happened at the University. Even after they graduate, they still represent their school.

Quote:
How about a little respect for the program that created some of our favorite Redskins, Moss, Portis, Taylor...and soon to be Rocky.
I could care less about "the program", fact is, Taylor is thug too. I love him as a player, but he didn't exactly start his tenure with us cleanly. Moss created issues in the Jets orginization (although most were related to playing time), and Portis's mouth is pretty bad. Rocky has been on the back burner and not here long enough. I love all Skins players, but I will never thank Miami for producing them, cause I feel if they went to say USC or even Better Notre Dame, they would be better citizens. I'm sure this has more to do with the fact that Miami, FL is not a great place, and not that University is not trying.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
I know, I apologize. It's just frustrating to see how much work the University has put into the program and still nobody gives them any respect for the amazing body of work they have created.
By the way, I like your sig.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #55
Camp Scrub
 
Dirty_Landry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Re: New Uniforms for 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, I'm just going off the top of my head, but how about Najeh Davenport, he just recently broke into a woman's dorm and deficated in her closet. He could get up to 15 years.
Bryan Pata (lineman) shot and killed.
Of course, Sean Taylor.
Anthony Reddick was of course the worst one of that brawl, but 13 total UM players were suspended.
Of course that idiot Lamar Thomas agreeing that the brawl was a good thing.
Kellen Winslow and his little run ins with the law. Of course he got injured from one of his dumb acts.
Warren Sapp tested positive for drugs while at Miami.
Micheal Irvin...do I really need to say another word?

Since their first National Championship after the 1983 season, the University of Miami Hurricanes have had more players arrested than any other Division I College Football program.

15 years for crapping in your girlfriends closet?!?! wow i got some cleaning up i gotta do
Dirty_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #56
Camp Scrub
 
Dirty_Landry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Re: New Uniforms for 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
What about Ohio State?
hey leave us alone:cheeky-sm we only pay players we don't let them run wild like in miami........except Clarett of course
Dirty_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: New Uniforms for 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Landry View Post
15 years for crapping in your girlfriends closet?!?! wow i got some cleaning up i gotta do
Yeah, I thought that was pretty stupid too.
Might as well go beat the living piss out of her, at least that way you would be facing a lesser sentence.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #58
Camp Scrub
 
eskins2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

For starters...I stated that Miami has 10,000 undergraduates, which it does. 15,000 if you count graduate students. If you call that a massive school, then what do you call Ohio State with 51,000 students?

Obviously when we are dealing with football players, which is a brutal sport, we may have some who are not outstanding citizens. The fact that Miami seems to have more than other Universities can be directly attributed to the fact that they simply have that many more players in the league. When you are drawing from a larger pool, there are bound to be more "bad apples." We are dealing with absolute and relative ratios.

I know Warren Sapp has been mentioned, throw Sean Taylor in their if you want. Kellen Winslow? Ok. Ray Lewis. Sure you can have that one too. But tell me.
What about all of these current Miami players in the NFL?

Fred Capshaw, James Jackson, Edgerrin James,
Antrel Rolle, Greg Threat, Ed Reed, Kevin Everett,
Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Rashad Butler,
Damione Lewis, Dan Morgan, Devin Hester,
Alfonso Marshall, Tyler McMeans, Nick Luchey,
Nate Webster, Ken Dorsey, Leon Williams, Martin Bibla,
Kenard Lang, Chris Myers, DJ Williams, Bubba Franks,
Phillip Buchanon, Quatraine Hill, Andre Johnson,
Jarrell Weaver, Eric Winston, Tenard Davis,
Joaquin Gonzalez, Reggie Wayne, Carlos Joeseph,
Brett Romberg, Marcus Maxey, Brock Berlin, Vernon Carey,
Bryant McKinnie, Santonio Thomas, Vince Wilfork,
Thomas Carroll, Jeff Feagles, William Joeseph, Sinorice Moss,
Jeremy Shockey, Tony Tella, Darell McClover, Jonathan Vilma,
Javon Nanton, Duane Starks, Jerome McDougale, Orien Harris,
Frank Gore, Mike Rumph, Kelly Jennings, Andrew Williams,
Jarrett Payton, Joel Rodriguez, Rocky McIntosh,
Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Greg Olsen, Jon Beason

With all the players listed above and the handful of "thugs" you're telling me that Miami produces "5% thugs" If you want to compare apples to apples we have to consider the numbers of players that each school has sent to the league. You mentioned Notre Dame and USC. When you they have sent a COMBINED 107 players to the league from 1984-2006. Miami alone has sent 84. Of course we are going to find more players when the pool that you are drawing from is so large.

Obviously you have an opinion of the Miami Football program that is set in stone. Perhaps it was the 1980's that you elude to so often. I'm not trying to change they way you view the school, just supply you with the actual facts.
__________________
"Hey, because you know what the biggest room in the world is, right? Room for improvement."
- Brandon Lloyd
eskins2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #59
Camp Scrub
 
dallass-blows 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 67
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

i think they have alot of incidents, we'll call them that, because they get all the star athletes from every school where these athletes do what they want cause they believe they are the shit and no one can touch them.

i know almost all D-1 athletes are the star athletes at there highschools, so then you have to look to the miami football organization and what they are doing wrong. there is a reason that PSU and Michigan and LSU dont have these problems, its becasue of respect, the kids respect there coaches and such.

i will admit that miami has cleaned up there act considerably.

i still like Miami Football SnC
__________________
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson
dallass-blows 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #60
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: SnC Returns to Remind Everyone He Loves All Things Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskins2000 View Post
For starters...I stated that Miami has 10,000 undergraduates, which it does. 15,000 if you count graduate students. If you call that a massive school, then what do you call Ohio State with 51,000 students?

Obviously when we are dealing with football players, which is a brutal sport, we may have some who are not outstanding citizens. The fact that Miami seems to have more than other Universities can be directly attributed to the fact that they simply have that many more players in the league. When you are drawing from a larger pool, there are bound to be more "bad apples." We are dealing with absolute and relative ratios.

I know Warren Sapp has been mentioned, throw Sean Taylor in their if you want. Kellen Winslow? Ok. Ray Lewis. Sure you can have that one too. But tell me.
What about all of these current Miami players in the NFL?

Fred Capshaw, James Jackson, Edgerrin James,
Antrel Rolle, Greg Threat, Ed Reed, Kevin Everett,
Willis McGahee, Roscoe Parrish, Rashad Butler,
Damione Lewis, Dan Morgan, Devin Hester,
Alfonso Marshall, Tyler McMeans, Nick Luchey,
Nate Webster, Ken Dorsey, Leon Williams, Martin Bibla,
Kenard Lang, Chris Myers, DJ Williams, Bubba Franks,
Phillip Buchanon, Quatraine Hill, Andre Johnson,
Jarrell Weaver, Eric Winston, Tenard Davis,
Joaquin Gonzalez, Reggie Wayne, Carlos Joeseph,
Brett Romberg, Marcus Maxey, Brock Berlin, Vernon Carey,
Bryant McKinnie, Santonio Thomas, Vince Wilfork,
Thomas Carroll, Jeff Feagles, William Joeseph, Sinorice Moss,
Jeremy Shockey, Tony Tella, Darell McClover, Jonathan Vilma,
Javon Nanton, Duane Starks, Jerome McDougale, Orien Harris,
Frank Gore, Mike Rumph, Kelly Jennings, Andrew Williams,
Jarrett Payton, Joel Rodriguez, Rocky McIntosh,
Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Greg Olsen, Jon Beason

With all the players listed above and the handful of "thugs" you're telling me that Miami produces "5% thugs" If you want to compare apples to apples we have to consider the numbers of players that each school has sent to the league. You mentioned Notre Dame and USC. When you they have sent a COMBINED 107 players to the league from 1984-2006. Miami alone has sent 84. Of course we are going to find more players when the pool that you are drawing from is so large.

Obviously you have an opinion of the Miami Football program that is set in stone. Perhaps it was the 1980's that you elude to so often. I'm not trying to change they way you view the school, just supply you with the actual facts.
Very good post.
I will point out that you are forgetting the 13 players suspended in the fight, and a slew of others. We've only mentioned the big ones here.
There is a reason miami is called THUG U. They didn't get it because of being great people off the field.
I do understand that Tenn. has surpassed them in recent years, but it doesn't take away from the fact that hey have a slew of issues.
I would wager that it would be tough to find even 2 people that graduated from Notre Dame with similar issues.

ps- The school actually has a very good friend of mine that attends, David Jones. He is doing his post graduate work there. I actually think the school is very good, I think the program has a "don't care" attitude when it comes to their recruits. He often talks to me about the problems there with the athletes. So maybe my judgement is clouded a bit, but I can't be THAT far off.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36932 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25