Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Scouts Inc. LB rankings

19. Washington Redskins
If the Redskins' ordinary group of defensive tackles can protect newly signed London Fletcher, then he has the ability to be very productive at his new home. He is undersized and doesn't excel taking on big blockers play after play, but he diagnoses very quickly and doesn't take many false steps on his way to the ball carrier. On the strong side, Marcus Washington brings a nice blend of size, pass-rush ability and strength at the point of attack. There were many rumors flying around that Washington was in the market for Lance Briggs for their weakside linebacker spot, but second-year player Rocky McIntosh has all the talent needed to excel at this spot. Lemar Marshall can play several linebacker positions and the depth he provides is crucial, especially if McIntosh were to struggle.

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=2938497
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
19. Washington Redskins
If the Redskins' ordinary group of defensive tackles can protect newly signed London Fletcher, then he has the ability to be very productive at his new home. He is undersized and doesn't excel taking on big blockers play after play, but he diagnoses very quickly and doesn't take many false steps on his way to the ball carrier. On the strong side, Marcus Washington brings a nice blend of size, pass-rush ability and strength at the point of attack. There were many rumors flying around that Washington was in the market for Lance Briggs for their weakside linebacker spot, but second-year player Rocky McIntosh has all the talent needed to excel at this spot. Lemar Marshall can play several linebacker positions and the depth he provides is crucial, especially if McIntosh were to struggle.

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=2938497

19th that is crap. Who was 1-18. I would have put us at like 12.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Apparently everyone else improved and we did nothing but slide? :confused:
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
atomicnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 174
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Speaking of the Redskins being bashed on every sports show in America, I don't know if you guys saw it but on Cold Pizza they said "Well its never too early to look forward to next year. So who do you think will be the overall #1 pick in 2008?? Well to figure that out you have to decide who will have the #1 pick and my choice will have to go with the Washington Redskins drafting the DE out of USC". That just makes me laugh. The worst record in the NFL, yeah right. I cant wait for this season to start.
Dude I saw that too. Total nonsense. The media was like this before the 2005 season, can't wait to prove them wrong.
atomicnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

I agree with 19, give or take 5. We have ONE sure thing, top of the line linebacker(Marcus). Now lets look at the facts behind him. London is aging, but will probably make the players around him better. And Rocky is supposed to be the real deal. Depends on how much hype you allow yourself to swallow.

Those are the reasons that Im not bothered by the rank. They've got the pieces, lets see what GW does w/ them.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

i personally think our LB's are no better than our D-line. Both are gonna have to make major strides this year. No matter how they perform, I hope we reallize that there still needs to be improvement in the near future as far as personnel. I don't disagree with drafting the best available player though (landry), but it is obvious that building a defense takes time.

I hope the offense makes up for it. We need to O-line to hit their stride earlier in the season this year.
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

We have a solid LB core. Fletcher for leadership-solid but aging, Washington solid and in his prime, Rocky young with a lot of upside and talent, and Marshall for depth. (Just like the article says). To me, at least on paper, that sounds middle of the pack. We are probably ranked a little lower because we sucked so bad last year (understandable).
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

I think the ranking have been pretty dead on. everybody wants to say they are a joke that we should be higher. DL stunk, LB's stunk, secondary stunk, and WR postition stunk - If we so many great players at key positions, then how come we go 5-11?

I am a die-hard skins fan - eat and sleep skins - but I am realistic. We did nothing to make the DL better - nothing except add an aging MLB and now starting essentially a rookie at the weakside spot. the only area of this team that has been upgraded is the secondary. and that even has questions. Springs staying healthy? Carlos - lets face it, did not play like a top 10 pick last year - and Smoot struggled the last two years. We are expecting a Rookie in Landry to make miracles - dont see it happening -
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Speaking of the Redskins being bashed on every sports show in America, I don't know if you guys saw it but on Cold Pizza they said "Well its never too early to look forward to next year. So who do you think will be the overall #1 pick in 2008?? Well to figure that out you have to decide who will have the #1 pick and my choice will have to go with the Washington Redskins drafting the DE out of USC". That just makes me laugh. The worst record in the NFL, yeah right. I cant wait for this season to start.
You wrote the same post in three different threads. Trying to circumvent the rules before you can start a new thread I see.

No new threads for you before August 1
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You wrote the same post in three different threads. Trying to circumvent the rules before you can start a new thread I see.

No new threads for you before August 1

can you really do that?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #11
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
can you really do that?
Really do what?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #12
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Really do what?

Stop someone from making new threads until a set date.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Stop someone from making new threads until a set date.
Yeah, but I mean this is ultimately Matty's call if he thinks it's worth it.

I think it's pretty bush league to post the same exact thing in three different threads but it's not like it's all that different from writing "yup" "I agree" and "word" in three different threads.

I'm sure Ferrari knows better now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #14
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,231
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah, but I mean this is ultimately Matty's call if he thinks it's worth it.

I think it's pretty bush league to post the same exact thing in three different threads but it's not like it's all that different from writing "yup" "I agree" and "word" in three different threads.

I'm sure Ferrari knows better now

Yeah I saw that. I think 724 making fun of him was enough.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Scouts Inc. LB rankings

I recall getting torched by everybody prior to '05.

How did that work out for the "experts"?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28623 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25