Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #46
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I was talking about the stupid story about him breaking a dog's back. Your mind is already made up (based on zero factual knowledge by the way) so it isn't even worth discussing with you.

Like I said before. Is anyone considering the source? I am sure the people who are going to testify are upstanding members of society who just felt like doing a good deed by giving up information on him.

"Government of the people for the people by the people" We aren't the government? Sit on granddad's knee so I can help you find a clue.
First of all, who's mind is made up? According to you, there is "zero" chance Vick gets convicted for this. Exactly what "factual knowledge" do you have about this case that we don't that makes you so sure?

Second, people have been convicted of far greater crimes with worse witnesses than what the government has lined up here. In an interview on ESPN last night they interviewed an informant who has already assisted the feds in numerous other cases leading to search warrants and convictions.

Third, I'm not sure I understand the point of your quote, as the quote is meant to refer to our democratic system of representative governement (not the court systems), but in any event, the fact that Vick's jury will be comprised of members of the public actually works against your argument that he won't be convicted of these crimes. The fact that we are all horrified by the accusations made against Vick and that we all have the common sense to put two plus two together to figure out what really happened here doesn't bode well for Vick.

I mean come on, there are absolute facts here that just don't add up to a "not-guilty" verdict. Vick comes into money for the first time in his life, immediately sets about buying a property that is unquestionably used for dog fighting based on the condition of the property and the instruments found there, numerous witnesses come forward placing Vick at dog fights, and we're supposed to believe he didn't know what was going on? Give me a break. Please tell me one single fact you've heard that tends to prove his innocence.

Finally, as for the "urban legend", the indictment notes that at least one dog was killed by Vick and company by slamming the dog's body to the ground. You might want to read through the whole indictment before you come to this scumbag's defense.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #47
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21 View Post
First of all, who's mind is made up? According to you, there is "zero" chance Vick gets convicted for this. Exactly what "factual knowledge" do you have about this case that we don't that makes you so sure?

Second, people have been convicted of far greater crimes with worse witnesses than what the government has lined up here. In an interview on ESPN last night they interviewed an informant who has already assisted the feds in numerous other cases leading to search warrants and convictions.

Third, I'm not sure I understand the point of your quote, as the quote is meant to refer to our democratic system of representative governement (not the court systems), but in any event, the fact that Vick's jury will be comprised of members of the public actually works against your argument that he won't be convicted of these crimes. The fact that we are all horrified by the accusations made against Vick and that we all have the common sense to put two plus two together to figure out what really happened here doesn't bode well for Vick.

I mean come on, there are absolute facts here that just don't add up to a "not-guilty" verdict. Vick comes into money for the first time in his life, immediately sets about buying a property that is unquestionably used for dog fighting based on the condition of the property and the instruments found there, numerous witnesses come forward placing Vick at dog fights, and we're supposed to believe he didn't know what was going on? Give me a break. Please tell me one single fact you've heard that tends to prove his innocence.

Finally, as for the "urban legend", the indictment notes that at least one dog was killed by Vick and company by slamming the dog's body to the ground. You might want to read through the whole indictment before you come to this scumbag's defense.
So you know the witnesses? LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #48
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

http://alt.cimedia.com/ajc/pdf/vick0717.pdf
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #49
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,788
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
I was talking about the stupid story about him breaking a dog's back. Your mind is already made up (based on zero factual knowledge by the way) so it isn't even worth discussing with you.

The Duke lacrosse players were indicted too. How did that work out?

Like I said before. Is anyone considering the source? I am sure the people who are going to testify are upstanding members of society who just felt like doing a good deed by giving up information on him.

What problems with the law. Oh yeah, the water bottle incident where he wasn't charged with a single thing. Another public opinion case that he lost.

"Government of the people for the people by the people" We aren't the government? Sit on granddad's knee so I can help you find a clue.

A VT alumn?

The guy is in this, and in it DEEP! you would be niave to thing he isn't. Who pays for all this stuff at the house when not a single one of those fools are employed? Who paid for the house when his boys scoped it out and said this would be good. the 18 page document seemed to be pretty specific about a lot of the details. It sounded to me like they have the written proof putting Vick some what involved in this mess. They seem to have 4 witnesses putting Vick at the fights, agreeing to monetary bets, and killing the dogs.
The Duke Lacross thing was a little different. there was no evidence those kids did anything from the get go. All of that was based on what she said - he said crap. And you saw what happened to that prosecutor! I believe the Feds took their time gathering the evidence. They obviously have some pretty definative proof of Vicks involvement.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #50
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So you know the witnesses? LOL
Not personally. From what I've read in the indictment and seen on the ESPN interviews, however, I'd feel pretty good as the federal prosecutor taking this one to trial. It's not like these witnesses are death row inmates or convicts. One witness is an informant for the feds.....pretty solid there. Another sold pit bulls to Vick. Another has testified that he fought Vick's dogs and WON $23,000 from him, (so much for that theory that the witness is probably just someone who lost everything on the wrong dog). Another witness fought Vick's dog and WON a $7,000 purse and $4,000 side bet with Vick. In fact, if you read through the whole indictment, Vick is overall about as piss poor at breeding and fighting pit bulls as he is at being and NFL QB.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
A VT alumn?

The guy is in this, and in it DEEP! you would be niave to thing he isn't. Who pays for all this stuff at the house when not a single one of those fools are employed? Who paid for the house when his boys scoped it out and said this would be good. the 18 page document seemed to be pretty specific about a lot of the details. It sounded to me like they have the written proof putting Vick some what involved in this mess. They seem to have 4 witnesses putting Vick at the fights, agreeing to monetary bets, and killing the dogs.
The Duke Lacross thing was a little different. there was no evidence those kids did anything from the get go. All of that was based on what she said - he said crap. And you saw what happened to that prosecutor! I believe the Feds took their time gathering the evidence. They obviously have some pretty definative proof of Vicks involvement.
Up until a couple of days ago, everybody thought Vick wouldn't be indicted. Hell, The Surry County prosecutor didn't know anything about it until the Feds released the info. I really like how Feds handled this whole thing. The made sure they had all their ducks in a row before playing their hand. I can't imagine in any cicumstances MV getting off from this. If I was on the Jury(and i know I have only read a portion of the prosecutions case so far) I would have a hard time believeing he is not guilty as sin.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #52
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
This is a copy of the indictment.
I should have mentioned this when I first posted it.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 AM   #53
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
The Duke Lacross thing was a little different. there was no evidence those kids did anything from the get go. All of that was based on what she said - he said crap. And you saw what happened to that prosecutor! I believe the Feds took their time gathering the evidence. They obviously have some pretty definative proof of Vicks involvement.
Absolutely. The difference between a federal prosecutor and a local city prosecutor is like the difference between a Honda and a Rolls Royce. The Feds are not going to screw this up, and there is no way they even bother indicting him without some strong evidence. The Feds will be able to expend as much time and resources as they need to prosecute this case.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #54
Camp Scrub
 
Dirty_Landry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Talking Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

WOW!!! if we can indict vick then.....
can we indict bush on murder charges as well??
Dirty_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #55
Camp Scrub
 
Dirty_Landry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Thumbs down Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21 View Post
Absolutely. The difference between a federal prosecutor and a local city prosecutor is like the difference between a Honda and a Rolls Royce. The Feds are not going to screw this up, and there is no way they even bother indicting him without some strong evidence. The Feds will be able to expend as much time and resources as they need to prosecute this case.
i don't believe a word a fed or cia agent says....there all scum
Dirty_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #56
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
This is a copy of the indictment.
I should have mentioned this when I first posted it.
Wow, that looks pretty bad. However, I'm sure a decent defense team can find a way to distance Vick from these guys or make it seem as if Vick were forced into participating or something like that, I don't know. Where's JoeRedskin when you need him?

If that document is true, it doesn't look good for Vick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #57
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Landry View Post
i don't believe a word a fed or cia agent says....there all scum
No offense D L but your first 2 post were pretty much meaningless.I hope that isn't a sign of things to come. Nowhere to go but up I guess.


Anyways, welcome! Go skins!
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #58
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Just finished reading the indictment. Vick looks fubar'd in this one. I note that he's not listed as killing any dogs. Is this because of possible stiffer sentencing that accompanies such? As long as the witness' stories stick.

What's the over/under for how long before we hear the conviction and follo-up sentencing? I say 18 months before conviction/sentencing.

EDIT: just re-read and at the bottom it says: "In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

Yup, FUBAR'd
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #59
Special Teams
 
skinsWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cow-pukes Country
Age: 31
Posts: 191
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

When i was reading the indictment I counted 4 cooperating witnesses. In every case it was first had contact with Vick at or regarding dog fights. He is so screwed, if he wants to see the feild again he will be singing about everything he knows, cooperating with his deal that the feds might offer him.
__________________
The views and opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of skinsWill or any of his affiliates. We do however acknowledge that he can be an ass and does likes to argue. Pomotional consideration paid for by the following...
skinsWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #60
Camp Scrub
 
Dirty_Landry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17
Talking Re: Grand Jury Indicts Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
No offense D L but your first 2 post were pretty much meaningless.I hope that isn't a sign of things to come. Nowhere to go but up I guess.


Anyways, welcome! Go skins!
meaningless huh? oh sorry for that.....i didn't know people cared more about the life of their dogs than the lives over in iraq....but i guess if you don't see it than no harm huh.........sorry but i disagree with you, ain't nowhere to go but down from here buddy

its funny how americans thinking pattern goes when it comes to pets......if only we thought the same way for humans....thanxs for the welcome anyway, go skins!!
Dirty_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35017 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25