Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I wouldn't mind being lumped with the Saints based on what they did last year. But I know you like the 15 year look so I guess that's out.
You are right, the skins now wish they are the saints and if this year goes bad may wish they are the cards. Both of those team look more promising than the skins this year.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,771
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
You are right, the skins now wish they are the saints and if this year goes bad may wish they are the cards. Both of those team look more promising than the skins this year.
Why do you like the Cards this year?

What have they done in recent memory to make you think that?

They also have a young QB that you could call basically a rookie.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #33
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,771
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think a lot of people have accepted losing as long as the team keeps looking like they are trying to win.
Then why do people keep selling out the stadium, buying the merch, turning out in droves to training camp, etc?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Then why do people keep selling out the stadium, buying the merch, turning out in droves to training camp, etc?
Because they have low standards.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,771
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Because they have low standards.
Well, according to ESPN nearly 54% think the Skins are going to the playoffs this year.

I would think in most people's eyes anything less would be a failure. I don't see Skins fans having low standards at all. If we had low standards I fail to understand why people would continue to go to the games or buy the merch. Wouldn't we have given up after 15 years of misery?? The high ticket prices and obstructed view seating doesn't even keep people away.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Well, according to ESPN nearly 54% think the Skins are going to the playoffs this year.

I would think in most people's eyes anything less would be a failure. I don't see Skins fans having low standards at all. If we had low standards I fail to understand why people would continue to go to the games or buy the merch. Wouldn't we have given up after 15 years of misery?? The high ticket prices and obstructed view seating doesn't even keep people away.
Thats right, they dont care if the teams wins or loses because they have low standards for the team. Just make sure the beer is cold and grill hot. Anyone with high standards for the team has either moved on to another team or is labeled as negative for calling a turd a turd.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Why do you like the Cards this year?

What have they done in recent memory to make you think that?

They also have a young QB that you could call basically a rookie.
I think Leinart is a good young QB with great receivers to throw to. I also like that the cards have what seems to be an easy schedule. The coaching staff is an upgrade that is young & hungry.

They do have prolems rushing and the D needs some help. I think their season will be very similar to the skins.

SF is going to be the team from that division.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #38
Camp Scrub
 
edmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

i think we should be around 15-18
edmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 PM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,771
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think Leinart is a good young QB with great receivers to throw to. I also like that the cards have what seems to be an easy schedule. The coaching staff is an upgrade that is young & hungry.

They do have prolems rushing and the D needs some help. I think their season will be very similar to the skins.
So you like the Cards and can see them having a similar season to the Skins, yet you don't seem to like the Skins? What gives?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #40
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,771
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Thats right, they dont care if the teams wins or loses because they have low standards for the team. Just make sure the beer is cold and grill hot. Anyone with high standards for the team has either moved on to another team or is labeled as negative for calling a turd a turd.
Ahhh... so the 80,000+ that sell out FedEx are there for the beer and food?!

Glad we cleared that up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think Leinart is a good young QB with great receivers to throw to. I also like that the cards have what seems to be an easy schedule. The coaching staff is an upgrade that is young & hungry.

They do have prolems rushing and the D needs some help. I think their season will be very similar to the skins.

SF is going to be the team from that division.
So wait, you think the Cards will be good this year as well as the Skins?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #42
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,524
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Thats right, they dont care if the teams wins or loses because they have low standards for the team. Just make sure the beer is cold and grill hot. Anyone with high standards for the team has either moved on to another team or is labeled as negative for calling a turd a turd.
Honestly, that really pisses me off. I'm with the team through good years and bad years and I pay the money like everyone else because I enjoy seeing my team play my favorite past-time. Before you start spouting shit like that off, you might want to consider that you probably offended most people on this board.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Ahhh... so the 80,000+ that sell out FedEx are there for the beer and food?!

Glad we cleared that up.
All the tickets may be sold but if you think FedEx is full you need to look a little closer at your tv. I'd say 75% of the people at a game are there for beer, food and a day out, they couldnt give a hoot about the skins or if they win. How many post are written by guys at the game complaining about how many people are leaving too early, getting there too late, not paying attention, not yelling....? A lot. It sounds like those fan are not really into the game but I bet they had a hell of a tailgate spread that they wouldnt miss for anything.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

What you're describing isn't exclusive to the Skins though.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: Yahoo! Preseason POWER Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So you like the Cards and can see them having a similar season to the Skins, yet you don't seem to like the Skins? What gives?
I think living in DC and following the skins gives me a deeper insight into the skins than I have into the cards so I see all the good and bad with the skins while i only see high level stuff on the cards.

I also view that cards as the worst pro sports team ever so to see the skins as perennial bottom dwellers down with those bums makes me sick. I hold the skins to a higher standard than the cards.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28248 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25