Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 AM   #121
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,517
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'd take Eli.

And no, I would not put a smile on and act like I enjoyed it.
with a things being equal, i would take Romo. i was wondering what your reasoning behind taking Manning? just your preference?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #122
Camp Scrub
 
RFKRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I honestly never thought Quinn was that good. I have a good friend who is a HUGE ND fan and won't shut up. He thinks that ND had the toughest schedule in the whole NCAA Division 1. Me being a Florida fan I beg to differ, but even if I wasn't a Florida fan, ND plays teams that were good... 40 yeas ago, and when Brady did play a higher tier team he got trampled all over. This kid isn't a starter in the NFL.
Posts like this make me laugh. I'm not a supporter of either ND or Fla, but give me a break. It's funny how ND's schedule works. In Weis's first season, all the "experts" looked at their schedule and said ND would start 0-6 and like 2-8. ND then went out and won most of those games, including coming within an inch of knocking off USC, and then their schedule became "soft" because most of their opponents were having down years, as if that was ND's problem when they scheduled them anywhere from 5-10 years earlier. This season it will be the same way. They play at Michigan and Penn State back to back, early in the season..they also play USC and UCLA within two weeks of each other. That's a brutal slate right there. Sure they have the occasional cupcake on there...like Navy (who's actually been a Bowl team in many recent years) or Duke this season.

But give me a break...Quinn's played in many high-profile games and despite limited running help, weak offensive lines, he's done very well...of course he'll be a good starter in the NFL. The fact that teams passed on him is because most teams this draft didn't need a QB, pure and simple. The only one that did pass who needed a QB was the Dolphins.

And Florida? Please. Sure they play in the SEC and have their share of tough conference games. But they also get to beat on wimps like Vandy, Kentucky, Miss State, etc regularly. And their non conference schedule is a joke, except when Fla State is good. Some of Fla's recent non-con opponents? Central Fla, Western Carolina??? (I-AA? at least ND doesn't schedule those)...Wyoming, La Tech, Eastern Michigan, Middle Tenn State, SJ State....shoot, when's the last time Florida played a challenging road game outside the SEC, or even the state of Florida? When's the last time they went to like USC, or Penn State, or Michigan or Nebraska? 20 years? 25?

To answer the original question both sides should meet halfway and get the kid into camp.
RFKRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #123
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
with a things being equal, i would take Romo. i was wondering what your reasoning behind taking Manning? just your preference?
Manning's probably going to make a sizable maturity either in this season or next.

In his prime, he will be an average to above average QB in this league.

I can't say the same for Romo. He's got the tools to be, but is very far from a certainty. Romo might never best his 2006 season.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #124
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Still don't agree with that statement three pages later. Anyways have a good one.
Well, anyway, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You too man, have a good one.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #125
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKRat View Post
Posts like this make me laugh. I'm not a supporter of either ND or Fla, but give me a break. It's funny how ND's schedule works. In Weis's first season, all the "experts" looked at their schedule and said ND would start 0-6 and like 2-8. ND then went out and won most of those games, including coming within an inch of knocking off USC, and then their schedule became "soft" because most of their opponents were having down years, as if that was ND's problem when they scheduled them anywhere from 5-10 years earlier. This season it will be the same way. They play at Michigan and Penn State back to back, early in the season..they also play USC and UCLA within two weeks of each other. That's a brutal slate right there. Sure they have the occasional cupcake on there...like Navy (who's actually been a Bowl team in many recent years) or Duke this season.

But give me a break...Quinn's played in many high-profile games and despite limited running help, weak offensive lines, he's done very well...of course he'll be a good starter in the NFL. The fact that teams passed on him is because most teams this draft didn't need a QB, pure and simple. The only one that did pass who needed a QB was the Dolphins.

And Florida? Please. Sure they play in the SEC and have their share of tough conference games. But they also get to beat on wimps like Vandy, Kentucky, Miss State, etc regularly. And their non conference schedule is a joke, except when Fla State is good. Some of Fla's recent non-con opponents? Central Fla, Western Carolina??? (I-AA? at least ND doesn't schedule those)...Wyoming, La Tech, Eastern Michigan, Middle Tenn State, SJ State....shoot, when's the last time Florida played a challenging road game outside the SEC, or even the state of Florida? When's the last time they went to like USC, or Penn State, or Michigan or Nebraska? 20 years? 25?

To answer the original question both sides should meet halfway and get the kid into camp.
Can't remember where I read it, but ND's strength of schedule last year was in the top 10. Their first 5 games were played against teams who went into the game undefeated. And yes, Stanford, Air Force, Army, and North Carolina are cupcakes, but you'd be hard pressed to find a top 25 team that doesn't have a ton of cupcakes on its schedule.

Or you could be Boise State, have no one on your schedule, and then play the worst team to win a BCS conference in the Fiesta Bowl.

And then somebody gives you a first place vote for no reason, because you didn't lose to teams way worse than you.

No uproar over that one...
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #126
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

I think Brady will have very similar success to Eli, neither of them have the tools to be dominant, but they both can definitely be effective. Eli is just spacy
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #127
Camp Scrub
 
cmc728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Selfish, no. Foolish, yes.
cmc728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #128
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc728 View Post
Selfish, no. Foolish, yes.
It took ten pages for someone to give me a straight answer

Good post.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #129
Camp Scrub
 
cmc728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It took ten pages for someone to give me a straight answer

Good post.
Thanks! I'm new on here, and I want to get involved with the conversations. He's completely overestimating his talent and value right now. If he played anywhere but Notre Dame, nobody would care.
cmc728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #130
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc728 View Post
Thanks! I'm new on here, and I want to get involved with the conversations. He's completely overestimating his talent and value right now. If he played anywhere but Notre Dame, nobody would care.

First of all, welcome. Please post more.

But to your point, which is valid, perhaps he is over estimating his talent and value, but who isn't? None of them have played one down in the NFL.
Aren't they really getting paid for their potential. Sure talent plays a key role in determing the value of these athletes, but how can you tell me Calvin Johnson is worth north of $60MM and Quinn is being nickeled and dimed by the Browns when they both were big time college athletes?

I know Johnson v. Quinn are apples and oranges I'm comparing, but there's something to be said about the culture of the current NFL and how they value athletes.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #131
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc728 View Post
Thanks! I'm new on here, and I want to get involved with the conversations. He's completely overestimating his talent and value right now. If he played anywhere but Notre Dame, nobody would care.

I don't think he is.
I saw an interview with Quinn, and he's not asking for top 10 numbers, they are off on incentives for a starting QB. The more I hear him talk, the more I don't blame him for holding out a little.
What if he becomes a stud QB and throws for 4k yards and 28+ tds? He'll get paid 1 mil? Why is Cleveland afraid to give him a contract with incentives?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

.......
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #133
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
.......

Classic post.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #134
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
.......

best thing I have seen all month.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #135
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Is Brady Quinn Being Selfish By Holding Out?

Selfishness. Hmmm.

This is probably a post that belongs in the parking lot, but if three prospective employers are offering me jobs, and I take the one that pays the most, am I being selfish?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46623 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25