Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
So which is it? He has good pocket presence like 12th says, or he is indecisive in the pocket like DGreen says? I'm confused. I have no problem with a youth movement, but have we seen enough of this guy to pick him over Bramlet already?
Always take 12th over DGreen, baby.
12thMan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
TenandSix:Unacceptable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 324
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

I would have much prefered a JC, Brunell, Bramlet depth chart with Palmer on the practice squad. Not to mention Collins' salary, which could be used in part to lure in Tank Johnson, my official wish list guy for the DL.
TenandSix:Unacceptable is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
So which is it? He has good pocket presence like 12th says, or he is indecisive in the pocket like DGreen says? I'm confused. I have no problem with a youth movement, but have we seen enough of this guy to pick him over Bramlet already?
The reason he slipped to us in the draft and was rated the 10th best QB in the draft was because he was thought to be indecisive in the pocket. As far as I'm concerned after working with pro coaches for a few months he can start with a clean slate and we can see how he looks in preseason.
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #19
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
The reason he slipped to us in the draft and was rated the 10th best QB in the draft was because he was thought to be indecisive in the pocket. As far as I'm concerned after working with pro coaches for a few months he can start with a clean slate and we can see how he looks in preseason.
Crap...DGreen, I didn't know he was talking about you, I thought he was talking about the real D.Green. Didn 't mean to step on your toes.
12thMan is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Always take 12th over DGreen, baby.
I think you may have me confused with someone else.
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

to be truthful, i have never seen casey bramlet take a single snap in a preseason game, let alone a scrimmage. dont think we hurt the team by letting him go.
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
Skins_4_Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD/Greensboro, NC
Age: 27
Posts: 482
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
So which is it? He has good pocket presence like 12th says, or he is indecisive in the pocket like DGreen says? I'm confused. I have no problem with a youth movement, but have we seen enough of this guy to pick him over Bramlet already?
No, we've not seen enough but I'm sure the coaches have.
__________________

Skins_4_Lyfe is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,516
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

We needed to cut someone loose, 5 QBs is just too many to carry for very long. Good luck to him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #24
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

I am glad to see that they're keeping Jordan Palmer instead of Casey Bramlet. As for the people who want Todd Collins out of here I wouldn't count on it, because Al Saunders is in love with him for some reason, but he does provide veteren leadership, and he knows the system like the back of his hand, so keeping him can't be to bad as long as he doesn't see the field.
RMSkins is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #25
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I am glad to see that they're keeping Jordan Palmer instead of Casey Bramlet. As for the people who want Todd Collins out of here I wouldn't count on it, because Al Saunders is in love with him for some reason, but he does provide veteren leadership, and he knows the system like the back of his hand, so keeping him can't be to bad as long as he doesn't see the field.
Honestly I would have like to see Bramlet get a fair shot. I went out to one of the practices and I'll tell you this much. Brunell CAN NOT throw with any zip what so ever. I mean if I can see it from the stands then I would like to know WTF the coaches are looking at.

Bramlet seems to throw a nice ball and is accurate but he just does not get very many reps in practice.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #26
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I am glad to see that they're keeping Jordan Palmer instead of Casey Bramlet. As for the people who want Todd Collins out of here I wouldn't count on it, because Al Saunders is in love with him for some reason, but he does provide veteren leadership, and he knows the system like the back of his hand, so keeping him can't be to bad as long as he doesn't see the field.
I agree, though Bramlet was a good story. I think Jordan can be real good. I got to watch him live at a couple of UTEP games and the guy can throw the ball! I think down the road we can get soem god value for him, as in a pick.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #27
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Honestly I would have like to see Bramlet get a fair shot. I went out to one of the practices and I'll tell you this much. Brunell CAN NOT throw with any zip what so ever. I mean if I can see it from the stands then I would like to know WTF the coaches are looking at.

Bramlet seems to throw a nice ball and is accurate but he just does not get very many reps in practice.
Yeah I wish he would have got some more reps in the scrimmage, but let's be honest we all knew that he was a long shot to make the roster, simply because the other QB's just brought more to the team. Obviously JC is the starter so there is one spot down, Gibbs really likes Brunell, and he is a capable backup, and Saunders loves Collins. So basically the last QB spot came down to Bramlet, and Palmer, and I think the coaches just saw more potential in Palmer then they did in Bramlet, and that's how they came to this decision. Don't worry I am sure Bramlet will get a look with another team, but I wouldn't expect to see him making any active rosters.
RMSkins is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Yeah I wish he would have got some more reps in the scrimmage, but let's be honest we all knew that he was a long shot to make the roster, simply because the other QB's just brought more to the team. Obviously JC is the starter so there is one spot down, Gibbs really likes Brunell, and he is a capable backup, and Saunders loves Collins. So basically the last QB spot came down to Bramlet, and Palmer, and I think the coaches just saw more potential in Palmer then they did in Bramlet, and that's how they came to this decision. Don't worry I am sure Bramlet will get a look with another team, but I wouldn't expect to see him making any active rosters.
Well if you are correct then it sounds like some guys are making the team because of some bullshit politics. Very unfortunate.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #29
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,516
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well if you are correct then it sounds like some guys are making the team because of some bullshit politics. Very unfortunate.
Welcome to the NFL. All coaches have "their guys".

Bullshit or not that's life in the NFL and certainly nothing exclusive to the Redskins.

Bramlet was a longshot anyway. Playing in NFLE put him behind here and with 5 QBs on the roster someone was bound to get pinched.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #30
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Whether Casey has the talent to succeed in the NFL? Who knows, obviously Gibbs doesn't believe so, but this fascination with Brunell, and Collins is comical, neither one can play, and we now will be looking at Brunell as a backup next season as well, Palmer has a long way to go and will be a practice squad player, so we are not developing anyone to backup next season.

Collins is a joke of a QB, if you want his knowledge of the position, if he is that smart than make him a coach because he sure can't handle the field.

The love affair between Gibbs and Brunell continues, as if he's going to do anything significant if Campbell goes down, Gibbs is still hoping to drive a square peg threw a round hole some how with Brunell, this guy will be 45 years old before Gibbs sends him packing, it's amazing.
offiss is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27940 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25