Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #106
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
I don't understand how attempting to sure up our weakest position is weak logic? please Explain
It might be your opinion that the d-line is the weakest position... but actions speak louder than words and with the lack of moves along the d-line the Redskins coaches have spoken loud and clear that they don't agree with your opinion.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #107
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

not only is brunell currently ineffective....he is extremely painful to watch..not what I'm looking for in the Redskins future
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #108
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
I don't understand how attempting to sure up our weakest position is weak logic? please Explain
Well first of all, because I think the staff believes with the development of the young DTs and the way Carter came along at the second half of last season the D-Line will be significantly improved.

Also, how about we look at it this way. Suppose a team had a terrible running game. Well on the one hand you could just get a new running back. Or you could say we have a good back but he needs protection up front-so let's get new linemen, or we have a good back but our receivers are no threat so the defense can stack the box-so let's get a deep threat at receiver than can draw a double team.

You follow?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #109
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
not only is brunell currently ineffective....he is extremely painful to watch..not what I'm looking for in the Redskins future
In case you missed it Campbell is the Redskins future.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #110
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
First off ARE is only listed as the 2nd because that where he ended at last year which has been explained several times. Second you are basicaly saying that our coaching staff including Gibbs have no clue on how to coach a football team.
Did I ever say the coaches had no clue how to coach?? NO! I just think they need to open up the competiton at several positions. Don't you??? Very few guys should be comfortable coming off a 5-11 season.

Do you remember how Eric Mangini handled the Jets last year? He didn't even tell anyone who his starting qb was until the end of pre-season. He basically opened up all positions and may the best man win. Sorry but I like that. There isn't all the BS politics. It's all about playing the best players.

1. Why is Brunell being handed the backup job coming off major shoulder surgery and a bad season where he couldn't throw a pass over 10 yards?

2. I like Rocky M. but it seems that he was just handed the job because of the pressure from the media. Didn't Marshall play that positon real well in 04? Why is he being punished for playing out of position?

3. Where is the competition at kicker??????????? Sushium hasn't earned the right not to have competition. He isn't David Ackers. Simply ridicules!

4. Why is Goldston being named the starter already?

5. Why in the world is Daniels being handed a job?? WTF has he done to earn that right?

6. Who are our two starting corners? Should Springs be handed a starting spots just cause he is the oldest? Hell no. Let the top 3-4 guys compete for the top two positions.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #111
Impact Rookie
 
The Zimmermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodley Park, Washington DC
Age: 30
Posts: 937
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
In case you missed it Campbell is the Redskins future.
what was the point of that post?
__________________
Dan Snyder is a Cancer, Joe Gibbs is the Cure
The Zimmermans is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #112
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Did I ever say the coaches had no clue how to coach?? NO! I just think they need to open up the competiton at several positions. Don't you??? Very few guys should be comfortable coming off a 5-11 season.

Do you remember how Eric Mangini handled the Jets last year? He didn't even tell anyone who his starting qb was until the end of pre-season. He basically opened up all positions and may the best man win. Sorry but I like that. There isn't all the BS politics. It's all about playing the best players.

1. Why is Brunell being handed the backup job coming off major shoulder surgery and a bad season where he couldn't throw a pass over 10 yards?

2. I like Rocky M. but it seems that he was just handed the job because of the pressure from the media. Didn't Marshall play that positon real well in 04? Why is he being punished for playing out of position?

3. Where is the competition at kicker??????????? Sushium hasn't earned the right not to have competition. He isn't David Ackers. Simply ridicules!

4. Why is Goldston being named the starter already?

5. Why in the world is Daniels being handed a job?? WTF has he done to earn that right?

6. Who are our two starting corners? Should Springs be handed a starting spots just cause he is the oldest? Hell no. Let the top 3-4 guys compete for the top two positions.

I think that there is a long way to go this preseason. There are a few jobs that are a no brainer as far as who the starter is, but not all. I think the coaches are experienced enough to evaluate the teams talent for the entire offseason/preseason and put the best player in each position for week one. The competition is ongoing, believe that.
Chief X_Phackter is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #113
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
No. I'm not saying he is the guy to turn anything around. All I'm saying is from what I saw just from two practices he looks better than Brunell and Palmer. Now I'm not saying he is a great QB or anything. Hell, he may suck. But the point I'm trying to make is why is it that so many guys on a 5-11 team have their positions nailed down? Can someone ask me why we have no competition at the back-up qb position? If we had any other coaching staff I bet there would be.
Any coaching staff would be a bunch of morons to back up a green qb with an even MORE green qb, then round it off with another green qb.
We / the coaching staff, made the decision to make Campbell the starting QB. That decision has been set in stone. Now they need to surround him with MENTORS, not rookies.
I'm sorry, you can not, nor will not convince me that Bramlet is a better back up than Brunell, especially considering that Brunell is a former pro bowler and knows Saunder's system. The coaching factor alone makes him more valuable than Bramlet, not to mention the fact that Brunell is under contract and to release him would create a huge cap hit.
To make matters worse, you saw him for only 2 PRACTICES and think he's better? You can not assess ANYONE in 2 practices. And I seriously doubt you know better than all the NFL scouts that wanted nothing to do with Bramlet.

Quote:
Also at WR. ARE, Lloyd and Thrash should all be battleling for the #2. No one on the roster has proven they can be a #2. But it's reported that it's ARE job. For what? Did Goldston show enough to be nailed down as the stater for the other DT opposite Griff? Hell no he didn't. So again that job should be open for competition.
Thrash? ARE and Lloyd have more talent than Thrash, if we give the #2 to thrash, might as well send Campbell out there naked. People need to use their head in making decisions, this is why Thrash will not be considered for the #2 spot. If ARE and Lloyd fail again, then we need a newcomer, not Thrash. You work on these players for a year and an offseason, you need to give them the chance.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #114
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Did I ever say the coaches had no clue how to coach?? NO! I just think they need to open up the competiton at several positions. Don't you??? Very few guys should be comfortable coming off a 5-11 season.

Do you remember how Eric Mangini handled the Jets last year? He didn't even tell anyone who his starting qb was until the end of pre-season. He basically opened up all positions and may the best man win. Sorry but I like that. There isn't all the BS politics. It's all about playing the best players.

1. Why is Brunell being handed the backup job coming off major shoulder surgery and a bad season where he couldn't throw a pass over 10 yards?

2. I like Rocky M. but it seems that he was just handed the job because of the pressure from the media. Didn't Marshall play that positon real well in 04? Why is he being punished for playing out of position?

3. Where is the competition at kicker??????????? Sushium hasn't earned the right not to have competition. He isn't David Ackers. Simply ridicules!

4. Why is Goldston being named the starter already?

5. Why in the world is Daniels being handed a job?? WTF has he done to earn that right?

6. Who are our two starting corners? Should Springs be handed a starting spots just cause he is the oldest? Hell no. Let the top 3-4 guys compete for the top two positions.
Well I can sum this up pretty easily.
Either you trust in the decades and decades of experience that Gibbs / Saunders / GW / Bugel bring to the table, or you don't. I know football, and I know it well, but I most certainly will bow to their knowledge over mine. They see these guys day in and day out, we do not. They know better than we do, plain and simple.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #115
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Any coaching staff would be a bunch of morons to back up a green qb with an even MORE green qb, then round it off with another green qb.
We / the coaching staff, made the decision to make Campbell the starting QB. That decision has been set in stone. Now they need to surround him with MENTORS, not rookies.
I'm sorry, you can not, nor will not convince me that Bramlet is a better back up than Brunell, especially considering that Brunell is a former pro bowler and knows Saunder's system. The coaching factor alone makes him more valuable than Bramlet, not to mention the fact that Brunell is under contract and to release him would create a huge cap hit.
To make matters worse, you saw him for only 2 PRACTICES and think he's better? You can not assess ANYONE in 2 practices. And I seriously doubt you know better than all the NFL scouts that wanted nothing to do with Bramlet.



Thrash? ARE and Lloyd have more talent than Thrash, if we give the #2 to thrash, might as well send Campbell out there naked. People need to use their head in making decisions, this is why Thrash will not be considered for the #2 spot. If ARE and Lloyd fail again, then we need a newcomer, not Thrash. You work on these players for a year and an offseason, you need to give them the chance.
I agree with most of what you said but if Trash played 2nd WR last year we would have had more production from him. I'm not saying he has more talent than Lloyd but he could have done better than what LLoyd did last year. It is time for Lloyd to prove he belongs as the #2.
firstdown is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #116
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I agree with most of what you said but if Trash played 2nd WR last year we would have had more production from him. I'm not saying he has more talent than Lloyd but he could have done better than what LLoyd did last year. It is time for Lloyd to prove he belongs as the #2.
I absolutely agree that Lloyd needs to prove himself. But we have to remember a WR is only as good as his QB. Lloyd couldn't perform very well with a crappy Brunell, and a not so accurate Campbell.
So I disagree that Thrash would have performed better. It's not like ARE or Lloyd were dogging it, or dropping an abnormal amount of balls. Their misfortunes can be directly related to the misfortunes of the QBs.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #117
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
1. Why is Brunell being handed the backup job coming off major shoulder surgery and a bad season where he couldn't throw a pass over 10 yards?
YouTube - Santana Moss taken it to the house
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #118
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Maybe you are wrong in your assessment of the two old guys?

Not that I believe a youth movement is a bad thing, but holy crap if we keep Brunell as the backup and Jordan Palmer as the third stringer and let Collins go like most of us thought would happen on draft day (before Casey Bramlet did something totally meaningless and we anointed him), would anyone be unhappy?

After Campbell and Brunell, we really don't have anything, so I would personally let Palmer take the third spot, but I wouldn't really care if we put him on the practice squad and Collins got it one more year.

Remember when I asked you to name a backup worth having, and you threw Charlie Frye's name out there? I'm beginning to think that you would be OK with anybody at QB as long as he's young. Imagine if we actually did make that move (Frye for Brunell and a pick). I mean, yeah the difference between him and Brunell could cost us a win or two this year (assuming MB is forced into action), but then you'd be all over the FO! "Why did we sign Fletcher! Smoot Sucks! We shouldn't have drafted Rogers! Should have kept Dockery!" Unwilling to admit that their actually could be a QB out there worse than Brunell. Charlie Frye, IMO, is the very definition of worse than Brunell.

Am I wrong here?

Your terribly wrong here, the fact that you want to possibly hitch the season to Brunell is flat out ridiculous, he's proven that he is inept at QB, the man is done, finished, washed up, and he was before we traded for him.

You are kind of comical though as you make excuse after excuse for Quinn and his fall off last year and lack of talent around him from the previous season, yet you are to tell me Frye had an actual legitimate team around him? Come on their horrible in all aspects in Cleveland starting from the coaches on down, you are going to make the point that Frye wouldn't be better served under Gibbs, and Saunders?

I will say it again, Brunell in 2 of the 3 seasons he has played for us has been as bad as a QB can possibly be, and that is what this team is being set up for if Campbell goes down.

I am tired of hearing about experience at backup, so long as Gibbs continues with Brunell this way we will never have it, I am sure Dan fouts has more knowledge than anyone we have on the staff with this offense perhaps we should pull him out of the booth and suit him up as a backup? No you say? Why? Because he is finished, he can no longer play, that's why! Just like Brunell, The job of a backup is to WIN games when called upon, Brunell has proven he can't. Who cares if he knows the offense it still translates into loses, allow a young guy to get the experience who knows he just might win some games in the process, it's not like it's never happened before. If Campbell goes down the season is done we are not going to win in the playoffs under Brunell and we will not be in the playoffs if Brunell plays the majority of the season. IMO Gibbs is still waiting on the miracle situation to justify Brunell and it's going to take something close to a miracle for that to ever happen!

We may not have a legitimate backup in any of these younger guy's we brought in this season the real question should be why haven't we seriously addressed that issue in some way, Palmer is a possible start in that direction but we should be much further along than we are, Bramlett who knows? I didn't see anything in europe to make me believe he's legit, but keeping Brunell around? We might as well put a uni on Sling'in Sammy to back up.
offiss is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #119
Registered User
 
offiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sparta, new jersey [ northern jersey ]
Age: 50
Posts: 3,097
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I absolutely agree that Lloyd needs to prove himself. But we have to remember a WR is only as good as his QB. Lloyd couldn't perform very well with a crappy Brunell, and a not so accurate Campbell.
So I disagree that Thrash would have performed better. It's not like ARE or Lloyd were dogging it, or dropping an abnormal amount of balls. Their misfortunes can be directly related to the misfortunes of the QBs.
Well said!
offiss is offline  
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #120
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
what was the point of that post?

To tell you that Campbell is the Redskins future.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36318 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25