Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
On a side note, I'm giving all the receivers a pass from last year. EVERYONE'S production was down. Brunell basically would force the ball to Moss and Cooley and didn't look anywhere else.

Campbell if anything, likes to spread the ball around and I think that if we have all four receivers on the field at once, we can count on any one of those guys.
I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what Lloyd can do down field because
Brunell couldn't throw there, not even to Moss (last year), and by the time Campbell showed up Lloyd was alread buried on the bench.
Crazyhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #17
Special Teams
 
chrisl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 2 Minutes away from Fedex Field, Maryland
Posts: 363
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

im sure he wont be a #2 receiver because i know that the Skins wouldnt pay a 4th stringer[Randle El, Brandon Lloyd] a 30 million dollar contract
chrisl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #18
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

thrash always looks good in the scrimmages. i love thrash but there is no way, baring injury, that trash is #2
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
Makers3245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Trash is considered a great #3 - #4 WR. Because he is very easy to lose out there on the field, especially when on the same field as Moss and Randle El who have big play potential every time they tie up their cleats. Making him a good WR to look at when you need a Catch to move the chains, even more so because he is not afraid to absorb the big hit over the middle.

But no, no way is he a #2 starting caliber Wide Out.
Makers3245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
On a side note, I'm giving all the receivers a pass from last year. EVERYONE'S production was down. Brunell basically would force the ball to Moss and Cooley and didn't look anywhere else.

Campbell if anything, likes to spread the ball around and I think that if we have all four receivers on the field at once, we can count on any one of those guys.
I really don't want to rehash the name Brunell (I keep vowing not to), but I remember "going all GTripp" last year and reviewing the distribution of receivers thrown to during Brunell's games vs Campbell's. The difference was minimum at best. In fact, I think Brunell had a higher number.

Anyhow, my point is that I think the receivers will do better this year, but I think that's just as much a product of being more accustomed to the system than anything else.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I really don't want to rehash the name Brunell (I keep vowing not to), but I remember "going all GTripp" last year and reviewing the distribution of receivers thrown to during Brunell's games vs Campbell's. The difference was minimum at best. In fact, I think Brunell had a higher number.

Anyhow, my point is that I think the receivers will do better this year, but I think that's just as much a product of being more accustomed to the system than anything else.
Speaking of going all GTripp, I was about to do something similar to TMC's post, but ultimately, though not necessarily based in fact, and while making an unneccessary Brunell comparison, his point about Campbell's passing aptitude is a good one.

Talking receivers, Moss had a bad year and will rebound. Lloyd probably won't play very much. I expect him to look like an NFL receiver when he does. Randle El will get more looks, and consequently more yards. The guy to watch out for is James Thrash.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #22
Special Teams
 
jermus22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Age: 32
Posts: 334
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

While I doubt Thrash will bump Randle El from #2, don't be surprised to see him at #3 if Lloyd stinks up the joint. Unless Lloyd has a DRAMATIC turnaround, I think he'll be headed out the door next season (kind of like Taylor Jacobs).
__________________
Win it in the trenches.
jermus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermus22 View Post
While I doubt Thrash will bump Randle El from #2, don't be surprised to see him at #3 if Lloyd stinks up the joint. Unless Lloyd has a DRAMATIC turnaround, I think he'll be headed out the door next season (kind of like Taylor Jacobs).
I don't think you CAN put Thrash on the field and not have Randle El on it. That just seems like a bad allocation of offensive resources.

However, James Thrash is the second best wide receiver on this team, so in three receiver sets, he's got to be on the field.

It seems to me that whenever Lloyd is on the field, that we are allocating our resources poorly, or at least less than perfect.

Here's the offensive skill position players that should get more PT than Lloyd:

Moss
Cooley
Portis
Betts
Randle El
Sellers
Thrash

That's seven players who have value to this team. Assuming good health, which three players are going to be taken off the field to stick an underachiever on?

Do y'all really want Mike Sellers to play less so that Lloyd can play? Heck, if Tyler Ecker comes back healthy, at least he can block.

Until some injuries start to pile up, it makes sense to keep Lloyd inactive so that we don't cost hardworking players playing time.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:39 PM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

James Thrash is Ricky Proehl for Al Saunders. Not a starter, but clutch
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #25
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
James Thrash is Ricky Proehl for Al Saunders. Not a starter, but clutch
no way. Ricky Proehl could run. thrash has absolutely no speed. he is a good special teamer. no more, no less. if he gets on the field alot this season, it means one of 2 things. the skins are blowing someone out. or they are getting blown out
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
James Thrash is Ricky Proehl for Al Saunders. Not a starter, but clutch
I'd be thrilled to see Thrash get 400-500 yards and 30-40 catches. If he can do that, that means Lloyd and ARE are producing as well.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
mike340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 58
Posts: 272
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

He must have lost a lot of speed then. As I've reported before Thrash ran a 4.2 40 in college. He took the mantle of fastest Redskin off of #28's shoulders. In comparison, I found
Coles: 4.29
Moss: 4.31
Champ Bailey: 4.42
That's one of the reasons he's a gunner.
Unless his legs are totally trashed I think he is terribly under-used. He almost never makes a bonehead play.
But I must be wrong since nobody ever responds to my posts about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
no way. Ricky Proehl could run. thrash has absolutely no speed. he is a good special teamer. no more, no less. if he gets on the field alot this season, it means one of 2 things. the skins are blowing someone out. or they are getting blown out
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #28
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,360
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
He must have lost a lot of speed then. As I've reported before Thrash ran a 4.2 40 in college. He took the mantle of fastest Redskin off of #28's shoulders. In comparison, I found
Coles: 4.29
Moss: 4.31
Champ Bailey: 4.42
That's one of the reasons he's a gunner.
Unless his legs are totally trashed I think he is terribly under-used. He almost never makes a bonehead play.
But I must be wrong since nobody ever responds to my posts about this.

I like Thrash as well. He can be a good option on certain plays and situation but, no more. He cannot be a dependable #2 WR, IMO. Clutch? I guess you could say that. He had a few crucial plays in the last 2 years, a couple in Dallas games. Yet, IMO, I believe his is just still a career situational guy and special teamer.
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #29
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

I wouldn't be so quick to write off James Thrash.

What makes Brandon Lloyd better than Thrash at this point? Speed? Athleticism? Yeah, but so effing what? Speed and athleticism don't do you much good when you're too busy being a punk ass to take your coaches seriously.

And aside from gadget plays and punt returns, what has Randle El ever done to prove he's a decent number 2? Not much.

This isn't to say James Thrash is a good number 2 receiver. This is to say that we have no good number 2 receiver, and if someone's got to take the job, I could easily see it being Thrash.

Lloyd is a total piece of sh*t, I hate him so bad. I like ARE, but he's a number 3, belongs in the slot.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #30
The Starter
 
JGisLordOfTheRings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Age: 28
Posts: 2,360
Re: Could Thrash Become #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to write off James Thrash.

What makes Brandon Lloyd better than Thrash at this point? Speed? Athleticism? Yeah, but so effing what? Speed and athleticism don't do you much good when you're too busy being a punk ass to take your coaches seriously.

And aside from gadget plays and punt returns, what has Randle El ever done to prove he's a decent number 2? Not much.

This isn't to say James Thrash is a good number 2 receiver. This is to say that we have no good number 2 receiver, and if someone's got to take the job, I could easily see it being Thrash.

Lloyd is a total piece of sh*t, I hate him so bad. I like ARE, but he's a number 3, belongs in the slot.

I agree TOTALLY on Lloyd. He made like, at least a single one-handed catch when he was a 49'er in '04 -'05 and he comes and and does squat. Drops balls, doesnt block well, and runs his fucking mouth.

ARE is a diff. story. He stepped up last year when Lloyd was busy jerking off. Yes, he is good for returns and gadget plays. But with enough balls thrown his way, he will be a #2 reciever, IMO.
__________________
The redskins pocket is like my love life.....nonexistent and disappointing. -OnceWeWereKings
JGisLordOfTheRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28904 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25