Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: What is your take on the Skins/Titans game?
Glad there were no major injuries 24 33.33%
Pass protection needs work 29 40.28%
Defense looked good 11 15.28%
Campbell a little shaky 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #61
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Yeah atleast he got beat short, but it was for a first down. I also think Smoot was an excellent pickup, he will do just fine as our nickel CB.
I agree...I think he's better pickup than people think.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #62
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
JC looked pretty good, that is, when he was protected. Granted, he fumbled twice, but both fumbles occurred when pass protection completely broke down. I was happy just to see him get a few throws downfield.

The O-line was dreadful - they couldn't open running lanes, they couldn't pass protect, etc. I was simply shocked by how poorly they performed.

The first team defense looked pretty nice. London Fletcher looked promising. Laron Landry can definately lay the wood. Imagine how they would have looked had Griffin been in.

It sounds like I was watching the same game as you. I thought Campbell looked pretty good. Definitely not average from what I've been hearing.

The O-line was awful, but we were working with an entire new left side. First preseason game at that.

We'll be okay.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:26 AM   #63
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

I'll add to what Offiss and someone else said about Buges. I'm starting to wonder, and not just because of one preseason game, but it seems he's one step behind when making adjustments and recognizing schemes. This even seemed to be the case going back to '04.

But let's get real, no need for doom and gloom after one preseason game. Afterall, I did pick the Skins to go 10-6!! hahaha
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #64
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'll add to what Offiss and someone else said about Buges. I'm starting to wonder, and not just because of preseason game, it seems he's one step behind when making adjustments and recognizing schemes. This even seemed to be the case going back to '04.

But let's get real, no need to for doom and gloom after one preseason game. Afterall, I did pick the Skins to go 10-6!! hahaha
But last year we had one of the best olines in football.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:32 AM   #65
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
But last year we had one of the best olines in football.
I gree. But if you remember it took us to time to decide if we were going to be a passing team or a running team or a little of both. After we made up our mind, then the offensive line started to click.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #66
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Did Corey Bradford do anything tonight? I saw him take the field for one play.

I was happy to see Justin Hickman out there. He had a nice play there at the end knocking Rattay out of the way and pursuing that fumble.

Campbell looked ok (got to hold on to the ball!); Hoyer looked decent, Wade did not; Collins looked as I expected. Against inferior talent he will always look good because he knows that system so well. I wish Palmer had played some though.

Overall, a win is nice but there's still work to do. I'm glad they didn't come out like gangbusters though. A little humility to start preseason is always a good thing in my opinion.

And I guess the Madden curse has already begun for Vince "Crosby, Stills, Nash, &" Young
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #67
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did Corey Bradford do anything tonight? I saw him take the field for one play.

I was happy to see Justin Hickman out there. He had a nice play there at the end knocking Rattay out of the way and pursuing that fumble.

Campbell looked ok (got to hold on to the ball!); Hoyer looked decent, Wade did not; Collins looked as I expected. Against inferior talent he will always look good because he knows that system so well. I wish Palmer had played some though.

Overall, a win is nice but there's still work to do. I'm glad they didn't come out like gangbusters though. A little humility to start preseason is always a good thing in my opinion.

And I guess the Madden curse has already begun for Vince "Crosby, Stills, Nash, &" Young
No Bradford did not have any receptions tonight, I really don't think he was even in the game for more than a play or two.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #68
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I gree. But if you remember it took us to time to decide if we were going to be a passing team or a running team or a little of both. After we made up our mind, then the offensive line started to click.
Good point.
I still think our line is a good one, even with Wade. Bugel will reel them in and get them back to form.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #69
Special Teams
 
sandman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

K guys Will i think are OL will step up next week since i think are OL wasn't trying and i fell they don't have to try.The D was good but if Griffin would have started than that DL in the Middle would have came better inn Stopping the Run and better pressure.
sandman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:52 AM   #70
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

mason is good enough to be our 3rd RB. rock isnt any good, but keep him for special teams, blaylock blows and dee brown didnt even see time.
__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:58 AM   #71
Special Teams
 
SkinsFanSince91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 368
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

We had a pass rush that yielded hurries but no sacks.

Chris Samuels needs to come back soon. Both of the fumbles came from Campbell getting sacked from his blindside.

Defense looks good. Both of our middle LBs had 6+ tackles, which means that the D-Line is occupying the O-line making it easier to get tackles.

Campbell looked good when he had time.
__________________
Without Struggle, there is no progress!

Jason Campbell is our guy! Lets RIde!!!

HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!
SkinsFanSince91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 AM   #72
Special Teams
 
Mc2guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 287
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanSince91 View Post
We had a pass rush that yielded hurries but no sacks.

Chris Samuels needs to come back soon. Both of the fumbles came from Campbell getting sacked from his blindside.

Defense looks good. Both of our middle LBs had 6+ tackles, which means that the D-Line is occupying the O-line making it easier to get tackles.

Campbell looked good when he had time.
After watching the blind-side sack again, it was not Heyer's assignment, it was the wide-out who failed to chip the blitzing Cornerback. I couldn't see if it was a WR or RB, but whoever was lined up outside of Heyer was at fault, not him, he actually had his guy locked up pretty well.
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 AM   #73
Special Teams
 
sandman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
After watching the blind-side sack again, it was not Heyer's assignment, it was the wide-out who failed to chip the blitzing Cornerback. I couldn't see if it was a WR or RB, but whoever was lined up outside of Heyer was at fault, not him, he actually had his guy locked up pretty well.
Espy was on there .
sandman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #74
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

So what happened? Judging by the posts we lost 42 - 0.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:39 AM   #75
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,611
Re: Thoughts on Skins vs Titans

Yeah. We woulda shoulda lost. By first offensive team's performance it was pretty bad. OL was pourous as any 2nd tier team. Primary stunts were fooling Skins OL. Pretty pathetic. Defense looked good. We'll hopefully see a better team fielding next Saturday against the Steelers. Look for a more succesful run attack and better protection for JC. Somehow we found a way to win. Todd Collins had a great drive. Brunell looked totally expendable. Moss looked fantastic. ARE gotta catch the ball. Lloyd didn't play. Westbrook probably got a nod for the the defensive TD. Good to see Stoutmire and Prioleau back. Blades and Fletcher looked good. Rocky McIntosh looks quick and smart. Smoot looks lazy. Week 2 should be better for the offense. If not we might have serious Saunders concerns. 1-0 in preseason is better than 0-1. Winning is the ultimate goal. You can say preseason doesn't matter, but most times it's a direct indication of what is to come.
Let's hope we can look back and say, 'wow that's where it started. last 2 minutes and backups found a way to win!'
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29523 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25