Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Exclamation A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

I'm upset b/c I think that Randle El & Adam "Huge Bust" Archuleta got paid 2 much money. I love Randle El he has contributed to the team but that money could have been towards Derrick Dockery or others. Now that Sean Taylor & Cooley is on the market for next year I'm scared that neither will be signed and other teams will pick up these great players. Without Cooley, Portis, Betts & Moss we are horrible offensive. On defense without Taylor we will be hurting bad he makes key plays in 05 that made us playoff bound & that blocked kick he returned for 20+ yards for the win last year only special players like Taylor could have done that. Snyder needs to pay the players that are proven big money not potentials from other teams. Another thing our front office needs to make the adjustments also I think our strategy of trading draft picks is the reason why we are so far behind on our Super Bowl run. Look at this when we drafted Rocky we only had like what 5 picks that year no 1, 3, 4 round picks and Rocky was the only two round pick. This past draft we could have had some huge addition to our d-line or other areas period. If we had a 2, 3, or 4 pick in the draft the third round pick was for T.J. Duckett he didn't do a damn thing last year. We need to do better for now on or fire who ever to fix these problems no more excuses Washington right this s**t right. Damn I wrote a lot!!!
Redskin Warrior is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Sean Taylor is locked up until 2011, I belive....although it'd be suprised if he didnt hold out (hell I'm suprised he has not this year)....but considering the past two seasons the Redskins have had two different guys be the highest paid saftey in NFL history...and neither being Sean Taylor...I could understand why he'd be upset if he is.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: University of South Carolina
Age: 25
Posts: 577
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Sean Taylor is locked up until 2011, I belive....although it'd be suprised if he didnt hold out (hell I'm suprised he has not this year)....but considering the past two seasons the Redskins have had two different guys be the highest paid saftey in NFL history...and neither being Sean Taylor...I could understand why he'd be upset if he is.

I dont think that will necissarily be Sean Taylor's feelings
__________________
University Of South Carolina '11
Go Cocks and Go Skins
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
I'm upset b/c I think that Randle El & Adam "Huge Bust" Archuleta got paid 2 much money. I love Randle El he has contributed to the team but that money could have been towards Derrick Dockery or others. Now that Sean Taylor & Cooley is on the market for next year I'm scared that neither will be signed and other teams will pick up these great players. Without Cooley, Portis, Betts & Moss we are horrible offensive. On defense without Taylor we will be hurting bad he makes key plays in 05 that made us playoff bound & that blocked kick he returned for 20+ yards for the win last year only special players like Taylor could have done that. Snyder needs to pay the players that are proven big money not potentials from other teams. Another thing our front office needs to make the adjustments also I think our strategy of trading draft picks is the reason why we are so far behind on our Super Bowl run. Look at this when we drafted Rocky we only had like what 5 picks that year no 1, 3, 4 round picks and Rocky was the only two round pick. This past draft we could have had some huge addition to our d-line or other areas period. If we had a 2, 3, or 4 pick in the draft the third round pick was for T.J. Duckett he didn't do a damn thing last year. We need to do better for now on or fire who ever to fix these problems no more excuses Washington right this s**t right. Damn I wrote a lot!!!

Yep...you wrote alot. I think the jury is out on El, I'll certainly agree with your ARCH viewpoint.

Derrick Doc and other's like who...? Doc IMO got way overpaid, but that's water under the bridge.

Sean is under contract until 2010, we do need to get Cooley signed but don't get to lost in the past. We did a pretty damn good job in the off season adressing the NEEDS and not spending wildly which was a nice change of pace.

And got a hell of a draft pick in LL. I think they are doing a pretty good job up front getting the right players/positions filled the coaching staff feels we had to adress. So far EARLY on it appears the coach's are smarter than most give them credit for.

So take a valium or ten and drink a 12 pack and you won't be such a upset redskin fan!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

i love Randell el, and since I'm spending someone else's money, want him here. you live and learn by signings like A.A. it seems like the whole front office IS learning
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

With this title, I was hoping for a more Dr. Seuss-ian posting. Oh well.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,251
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Snore.

Someone wake me once the season starts please?



Seriously, what's up with all the shoulda, coulda, woulda posts lately??
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
Rajmahal33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 478
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Snore.

Someone wake me once the season starts please?



Seriously, what's up with all the shoulda, coulda, woulda posts lately??
I couldn't agree more...preseason is as detrimental for fans (in terms of overreaction and panic) as it is for players and coaches (in terms of pointless risk and injuries). Now i know in DC we have had bad preseasons that prelude bad regular seasons, but lets be honest preseason means NOTHING. Didn't we go like 3-1 in the preseason under spurrier (and win by convincing margins)? How'd that turn out?
__________________
McNasty FTW!
Rajmahal33 is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,479
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

It's not a shoulda, coulda, woulda post!!! It's a if u wanna win quit f***ing up type of post!!! We did finish 5-11 didn't we? We were last in the division right? We paid big money, traded draft pick for a couple of players that ain't even on the team and I could have told them that. Get real Archuleta was never good honestly. His number were okay but he was not good to me. T.J. Duckett I understand Portis got hurt but he got paid good for the b.s. he did last year. So smart a** you tell me what is the problem other than injuries?
Redskin Warrior is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,912
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
It's not a shoulda, coulda, woulda post!!! It's a if u wanna win quit f***ing up type of post!!! We did finish 5-11 didn't we? We were last in the division right? We paid big money, traded draft pick for a couple of players that ain't even on the team and I could have told them that. Get real Archuleta was never good honestly. His number were okay but he was not good to me. T.J. Duckett I understand Portis got hurt but he got paid good for the b.s. he did last year. So smart a** you tell me what is the problem other than injuries?
Damn, you're calling the owner of the Warpath a smartass?

*Waits for the backlash*
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
With this title, I was hoping for a more Dr. Seuss-ian posting. Oh well.
{sigh} I'll try...

A Upset Redskin Fan I Am
I Am A Upset Redskin Fan
Upset Redskin Fan Am I

A Defensive Tackle From New Hobackle I Am
A Offensive Lineman From Northern Zineman I Am
A Backup Quarterback from Lake Wigordaback I Am
A Defensive End From Fort Pensifend I Am

A Upset Redskin Fan I Am
I Am A Upset Redskin Fan
Upset Redskin Fan Am I
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
jgalecpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 457
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
It's not a shoulda, coulda, woulda post!!! It's a if u wanna win quit f***ing up type of post!!! We did finish 5-11 didn't we? We were last in the division right? We paid big money, traded draft pick for a couple of players that ain't even on the team and I could have told them that. Get real Archuleta was never good honestly. His number were okay but he was not good to me. T.J. Duckett I understand Portis got hurt but he got paid good for the b.s. he did last year. So smart a** you tell me what is the problem other than injuries?

First off, let's understand one thing.

It is not a "we".

I don't play a single down, and I bet few others on this board do either.

I do have season tickets, so I do contribute low four-figures directly to the Skins organization. Still, I am not the owner, nor am I the coach.

Lots of decisions get made, some are right, others wrong. We just hope they have more right than wrong.

How many people excoriated Gibbs and Snyder for cutting Lavar. The next year he ended up costing the Giants $667,000 per tackle he made.

Gibbs has three super bowl trophies. I have none.

Snyder has, IMHO, an immense desire to win. He is willing to spend hundreds of millions of his dollars to do it.

Some things work some things don't.

But it is not a "we'.
jgalecpa is offline  
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: A Upset Redskin Fan I Am

Let's see, rehashing tired threads, personal insults...

Thread Locked. 10 day ban
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28449 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25