Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cerrato, Most Improved...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #31
Special Teams
 
sandman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Cerrato, Most Improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
As Matty said, no team has solid depth at every position. Take the NFC, where Philly is regarded as having the best depth. Although JLC recently went on and on about our lack of depth along the O-line and how great Philly's O-line is stacked, they've got holes at numerous other positions. Philly is lacking quality starters and depth at WR, OLB, MLB, DT (Bunkley may be a bust), and safety. In the AFC, the Pats and Chargers both have issues (as Matty noted).

IMO, the Redskins depth issues will disappear if JC has the kind of season we all expect. I have always believed that if a team has a very good QB, a lot of holes magically disappear in the eyes of the press. With us, it will be no different.
IMO if JC is injured than most likely Brunell would play or if not Maybe Gibbs well decide to start collins who to me is another Ramsey at this point.
sandman89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
sandman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Cerrato, Most Improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Im curious as to why you think Cerrato is a "good Draft scouter." Please elaborate, cause I think he's shit.
I mean look at the guys we got.

Rocky Mcintosh
Chris Samuels
Jon Jansen
Jason Campbell
LaVar Arrington
Kendric Goldston
Fred Smoot
Sean Taylor
LaRon Landry
Chris Cooley
Mike Sellers
Lemar Marshall
Carlos Rogers(Who is looking to look how hes suppose to.)
Derrick Dockery
Trent Green
Betts
Cartwright
Gardner
Antonio Peirce


Only thing i see what he did wrong was not drafting a DE for the pat 6- years.
sandman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #33
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: Cerrato, Most Improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman89 View Post
I mean look at the guys we got.

Rocky Mcintosh
Chris Samuels
Jon Jansen
Jason Campbell
LaVar Arrington
Kendric Goldston
Fred Smoot
Sean Taylor
LaRon Landry
Chris Cooley
Mike Sellers
Lemar Marshall
Carlos Rogers(Who is looking to look how hes suppose to.)
Derrick Dockery
Trent Green
Betts
Cartwright
Gardner
Antonio Peirce


Only thing i see what he did wrong was not drafting a DE for the pat 6- years.

Having hard time keeping sarcasm down (gasp), getting the best of me...(gasp)......

OK, first let's start with the obvious. Vinny wasn't even here fore the Trent Green years. Next lets take the total busts out, that would be Gardner, even though he was taken in the 1st round, and many, many people argue that LaVar was a bust. Next, lets take out players who have done NOTHING to make any sort of list. That would be Golston. While he shows promise, that's all he's shown. Also, in that same breath is Carlos "hands of stone" Rogers, Jason Campbell, and Rocky. These guys might show promise, but that is truly all they have shown us. If you want to evaluate a personnel guy, one of the key elements is how he drafts after the first 3 rounds. First Round picks are SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE TEAM! Next, how has he done in free agency. For every single one of the UFA on your list I can name much much bigger FA busts signed by Vinny and Company. Off the top of my head: Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Mark Carrier, Adam Archuletta, Brandon Lloyd.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #34
Special Teams
 
sandman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 137
Re: Cerrato, Most Improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Having hard time keeping sarcasm down (gasp), getting the best of me...(gasp)......

OK, first let's start with the obvious. Vinny wasn't even here fore the Trent Green years. Next lets take the total busts out, that would be Gardner, even though he was taken in the 1st round, and many, many people argue that LaVar was a bust. Next, lets take out players who have done NOTHING to make any sort of list. That would be Golston. While he shows promise, that's all he's shown. Also, in that same breath is Carlos "hands of stone" Rogers, Jason Campbell, and Rocky. These guys might show promise, but that is truly all they have shown us. If you want to evaluate a personnel guy, one of the key elements is how he drafts after the first 3 rounds. First Round picks are SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE TEAM! Next, how has he done in free agency. For every single one of the UFA on your list I can name much much bigger FA busts signed by Vinny and Company.
Can't blame a guy who doesn't choose to trade the draft picks.If he had the chance to keep all the picks than he could have done better i mean look H.B blades is looking very sharp and is supposedly are future MLB.
sandman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #35
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: Cerrato, Most Improved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman89 View Post
Can't blame a guy who doesn't choose to trade the draft picks.If he had the chance to keep all the picks than he could have done better i mean look H.B blades is looking very sharp and is supposedly are future MLB.

Ok. Look at the draft picks made by the skins over the last 7 years, and tell me how many players on the team were drafted after the 3rd round.
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24358 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25