Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #16
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

of that list, ill take Lombardi. i don't think he ever lost a championship game. but coach Gibbs would be a close second
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Bill Belichick, easy. He easily outwitts every other coach in the league. And he doesen't need great players to get the job done either. All great coaches usually have a reasonable amount of talent, but look at his team every year you look at their starters and say "who is that?!?" atleast once.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I believe the cowboys won 3 superbowls using the Gibbs (Coryell system) the Skins won 3 SB's and lost one. West Coast offense is the Paul Brown's offense, I'm sorry but I would take Gibbs over Walsh any day.
The Cowboys won 3 SB's because they had the best players. That system stuff is overrated.

Give me the best game day coach. Bill B.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #19
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,504
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
Bill Belichick, easy. He easily outwitts every other coach in the league. And he doesen't need great players to get the job done either. All great coaches usually have a reasonable amount of talent, but look at his team every year you look at their starters and say "who is that?!?" atleast once.
oh yeah? how did old "genius" make out in Cleveland with sucky players?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,506
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Gibbs because I'm a homer
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #21
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,439
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Since he hasn't gotten much love, I'll go with Shula. Winningest Head Coach in NFL history, 2 Super Bowl victories, 1 NFL Championship. And head coach of the only undefeated team in NFL history.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

My hearts says Gibbs but my head says Lombardi.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
It depends on which sport you are talking about.
To find out which sport they are talking about, you could read the first post.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
oh yeah? how did old "genius" make out in Cleveland with sucky players?
I said he doesn't need GREAT players. Every coach needs an ounce of talent to get somewhere in any sport he just works with his talent better than anyone I have seen recently.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #25
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

reason i picked lombardi is because of his intimidation factor.the other side of the field does'nt know what to do,and his players would better damn know what to do or feel lombardi's fury!
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #26
Registered User
 
redskinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 542
Exclamation Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

reason i picked lombardi is because of his intimidation factor.the other side of the field does'nt know what to do,and his players would better damn know what to do or feel lombardi's fury!
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

I'd want this guy:

__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #28
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Gibbs, because he busts out the trick plays in a must-win game, and he puts his superstars back in punt-returns.

You always knew it was a huge game when you saw 28 back to return punts.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #29
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,303
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

I figure I bring back this thread and have you guys read the responses. What do you say now? I say Gibbs as usual.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: If you absolutely had to win a game which Coach would you want on the sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Bill Belichick. All around master.
Only if Brady is the QB. Again, he's 44 - 55 as a HC with other QBs.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28482 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25