Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #16
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Also...not the first time Imus made comments like that

Nor is it the first time Vick has done something stupid. (ie: knowingly give a woman an STD and the whole water bottle incident...he's not a "great guy" like everyone says when he does these things)

Also, regardless if Imus has SAID anything, those were just words, and this country is founded on freedom of speech. Huge differences there.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Don Imus hasn't lost everything - he has his freedom, he didn't have to give his employer back his salary, and he may get another gig. FYI - The First Amendment doesn't apply to the whole Imus incident.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,785
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Your argument doesn't make sense to me. Imus lost his job with CBS, but could likely come back. Whether it's through terrestrial radio or satellite radio, or tv, or the web, etc.

Vick lost his job (though not officially yet) with the Falcons, he's going to prison, and there's no guarantee he's coming back to the NFL.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #19
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,071
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
I'm really tired of hearing Vick's name. I'm even more tired of the Vick threads. Sorry, had to say it. Carry on...

Agreed! Give it a rest already!

Can we vote for when the next Vick thread is allowed? I vote for when he is sentenced...we'll have a Vick thread that day, then no more until he is out of the pen.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #20
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Your argument doesn't make sense to me. Imus lost his job with CBS, but could likely come back. Whether it's through terrestrial radio or satellite radio, or tv, or the web, etc.
Well really, they don't have a lot of similarity, the point is Imus was overly prosecuted, and Vick is not. (same with Martha Stewart being over prosecuted and Vick is not) Vick is getting a light sentence and punishment.

Quote:
Vick lost his job (though not officially yet) with the Falcons, he's going to prison, and there's no guarantee he's coming back to the NFL.
He'll be back. (although I'd say as a WR)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,785
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

I guess none of us (at least I don't) know what you mean still by "overly prosecuted"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Don Imus hasn't lost everything - he has his freedom, he didn't have to give his employer back his salary, and he may get another gig. FYI - The First Amendment doesn't apply to the whole Imus incident.
Well, I disagree with you here, but that would be getting off the subject. I'll get back to the subject, I will tell you that this was argued before here and was proven to be a freedom of speech issue since the FCC didn't fine him. But again, the subject is about Vick, and how about we change it to "Martha Stewart vs Vick"?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I guess none of us (at least I don't) know what you mean still by "overly prosecuted"

I don't know how to explain it any more than I already have.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well really, they don't have a lot of similarity, the point is Imus was overly prosecuted, and Vick is not. (same with Martha Stewart being over prosecuted and Vick is not) Vick is getting a light sentence and punishment.
Imus lost a job for making insanely dumb comments when his job is to make funny and insightful comments. Imus never faced criminal prosecution. Imus was paid by his employer to leave (as part of a settlement for ending his contract). It's hard to see exactly how he was overly prosecuted when he was never prosecuted.

Martha isn't exactly hurting either. She's a billionaire who spent a little time in prison for violating federal securities laws. I don't feel exactly sorry for her either.

I don't feel sorry for Vick in the slightest. Vick is getting what he had coming to him. But, to say that sending him to federal prison for a while, costing him tens of millions of dollars, and ruining his career is somehow "light punishment" for killing seven dogs (a reprehensible crime) is a little perplexing. I know everyone (including myself) likes to talk about throwing Vick into a ring with wild dogs, but we are a land with a justice system and he is going to get exactly what the federal prosecutors are asking for. I'm happy with his punishment.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #25
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,785
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

So, you're saying that Vick should have received a harsher sentence? Or that the public shouldn't be as forgiving?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I will tell you that this was argued before here and was proven to be a freedom of speech issue since the FCC didn't fine him.
Huh? I took a dump and the FCC didn't fine me, so I guess that makes my taking a dump a First Amendment issue. End of threadjack.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
ncskinsfanec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 432
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Vick has to be in the top 3 in all-time, stunning falls from grace. Even Kobe would have to ask what Vick was thinking! I think the coverage has been pretty fair throughout the case, though.
ncskinsfanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Imus lost a job for making insanely dumb comments when his job is to make funny and insightful comments. Imus never faced criminal prosecution. Imus was paid by his employer to leave (as part of a settlement for ending his contract). It's hard to see exactly how he was overly prosecuted when he was never prosecuted.
Maybe where people are getting confused is that I am referring to a court of public opinion.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #29
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So, you're saying that Vick should have received a harsher sentence? Or that the public shouldn't be as forgiving?

Well, yes to both on that, but in particular the public being as "understanding" as they have been. (and not caring as they have been...not that everyone is, but a lot are)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: How is Vick "overly prosecuted"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Huh? I took a dump and the FCC didn't fine me, so I guess that makes my taking a dump a First Amendment issue. End of threadjack.
And you taking a dump is normally regulated by the FCC?

(now back to the thread)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37763 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25