Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where's Omar?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Where's Omar?

Stoutmire's still on the roster according to Redskins.com, but he's nowhere to be found on this depth chart

Washington Redskins

'Sup wit dat?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Where's Omar?

I seem to remember a couple of stand out plays towards the end of the 2005 season from Stoutmire, then he was off to New Orleans. That was a year when relative nobodys stood up and made plays when they absolutely needed to.

That's what this team needs to get back into it.

To me, the secondary seems awash with corners and safeties -- much more than we could possibly need. I haven't heard much from Stoutmire through exhibition play, but if his name wasn't on the list today, I'd say he's safe.

Wouldn't Prioleau and Stoutmire be the obvious #3 and #4 in the safety spots behind Taylor and Landry?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,980
Re: Where's Omar?

I typed in "Where is Omar" and this is what I came up with...


So there you have it! Omar is T.C.B.!

As for Stoutmire, I have no idea. He'll probably be cut before the first game.
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
The Starter
 
dall-assblows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: round the way
Age: 31
Posts: 2,211
Re: Where's Omar?

sorry to get off topic sorta but this totally reminded me of this:

__________________
SOMEBODY PINCH ME
dall-assblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
I seem to remember a couple of stand out plays towards the end of the 2005 season from Stoutmire, then he was off to New Orleans. That was a year when relative nobodys stood up and made plays when they absolutely needed to.

That's what this team needs to get back into it.

To me, the secondary seems awash with corners and safeties -- much more than we could possibly need. I haven't heard much from Stoutmire through exhibition play, but if his name wasn't on the list today, I'd say he's safe.

Wouldn't Prioleau and Stoutmire be the obvious #3 and #4 in the safety spots behind Taylor and Landry?
Would Stoutmire be far ahead of Fox? I don't know. I haven't heard much from either in the preseason. They each have 2 total tackles. Stoutmire is 33 years old and Fox is 28.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Would Stoutmire be far ahead of Fox? I don't know. I haven't heard much from either in the preseason. They each have 2 total tackles. Stoutmire is 33 years old and Fox is 28.
Yeah, maybe not. I guess you have to consider the coaches' tendency towards veterans, but then there's this "youth movement" I keep hearing of.

Also, who's been standing out more on special teams?

Couldn't they keep all three (Stoutmire, Prioleau, and Fox)? And where does Reed Doughty fit in?

So many questions...
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Stoutmire's still on the roster according to Redskins.com, but he's nowhere to be found on this depth chart

Washington Redskins

'Sup wit dat?
I have brought up this question in a previous thread. It is strange to me that Omar is not on the depth chart, and I do not remember seeing him very much in preseason, although I do remember acouple of nice hits he had against the Titans. I would believe that Omar would be Sean Taylor's backup over Reed Doughty.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #8
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yeah, maybe not. I guess you have to consider the coaches' tendency towards veterans, but then there's this "youth movement" I keep hearing of.

Also, who's been standing out more on special teams?

Couldn't they keep all three (Stoutmire, Prioleau, and Fox)? And where does Reed Doughty fit in?

So many questions...
Reed Doughty is a special teamer and a young backup to fill that youth movement that you spoke of. As far as Stoutmire and Fox are concerned, both can play special teams, but Stoutmire is a better Safety. Fox is gone younger or not.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yeah, maybe not. I guess you have to consider the coaches' tendency towards veterans, but then there's this "youth movement" I keep hearing of.

Also, who's been standing out more on special teams?

Couldn't they keep all three (Stoutmire, Prioleau, and Fox)? And where does Reed Doughty fit in?

So many questions...
I dunno... It's gonna be interesting. If I had to guess on the DB's who make the 53 man, I'd go with:

Rogers
Springs
Taylor
Landry
Smoot
Preilou
Stoutmire
Macklin...

After that toss it up to Doughty, Jimoh, Butler, and Fox to take the last spot or two, depending on if we go with 9 or 10.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
mderr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I dunno... It's gonna be interesting. If I had to guess on the DB's who make the 53 man, I'd go with:

Rogers
Springs
Taylor
Landry
Smoot
Preilou
Stoutmire
Macklin...

After that toss it up to Doughty, Jimoh, Butler, and Fox to take the last spot or two, depending on if we go with 9 or 10.
Butler is already gone. And you forgot about Westbrook.
mderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:39 AM   #11
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Where's Omar?

i hope he stays. in limited playing time, he seemed like he was always around the ball. and besides that, fox sucks
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #12
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Yeah, maybe not. I guess you have to consider the coaches' tendency towards veterans, but then there's this "youth movement" I keep hearing of.

Also, who's been standing out more on special teams?

Couldn't they keep all three (Stoutmire, Prioleau, and Fox)? And where does Reed Doughty fit in?

So many questions...
I'm willing to bet that Reed Doughty makes the team over Stoutmire. He's been seeing action this preseason, especially on teams. Oh and on that note, the Ade will make the team this year.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Where's Omar?

hey 12th, nice sig
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,487
Re: Where's Omar?

I'm really pushing for Ade to jump in on special teams. He was phenomenal in punt coverage. It seems he always finds a way to make the team... will his luck finally run out?
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Where's Omar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
sorry to get off topic sorta but this totally reminded me of this:

x=five...ganstass wassupp!
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31544 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25