Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #91
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,318
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's ridiculous to question the man's desire. Maybe people should start to pay attention to what he does when he's on the field and doesn't have the ball in his hands. Watch him block, watch him run after a defender after a turnover (the reason he got hurt last summer). Pay some effin attention to what he does, instead of bitching about his sense of humor, his costumes, and a trade that happened three years ago.
A effing Men! I don't get why so many people look for a reason to hate one of the most talented all around tailbacks in the game.
Southpaw is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #92
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Well, since we're busting out the stats for Portis, I thought this was pretty interesting:

Since Portis has been here, it always seemed to me that he hasn't really put up the yardage against NFC East opponents, especially when we're playing away. So I thought I'd look it up. Turns out, I was right...

Going back to 2004, Portis has played a total of seven games away against Dallas, Philly and the G-strings. His average? 55 yards per game. Only once has rushed for over 100 yards against an NFC East rival outside of Fed Ex Field -- at Philly in 2005 (27 carries, 112 yards). Through 15 games in total in the NFC East, he averages a very modest 73 yards per game.

Now I'm not saying Portis wasn't worth it. He's a hell of a player, and it's hard to imagine what might have been without him. But if I had a critique of Portis, it would be this -- How he stacks up and performs against our biggest rivals in six of the most pivotal games of the year.
Beemnseven is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #93
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Don't worry, 500 carries is an excellent way to end a RB's career right on the spot.

Since I guess that's your goal or something.
Um, no, I would want him to earn his check this year. That is what you call an exaggeration. I know that when you are 19 you think you know everything but basically the best part of you ran down your mom's leg. So study up and shut your mouth.
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #94
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Redskins are 13-1 when that bum rushes for over 100 yards.

It's ridiculous to question the man's desire. Maybe people should start to pay attention to what he does when he's on the field and doesn't have the ball in his hands. Watch him block, watch him run after a defender after a turnover (the reason he got hurt last summer). Pay some effin attention to what he does, instead of bitching about his sense of humor, his costumes, and a trade that happened three years ago.




(Champ definitely wanted out)

They dont' know the game. All they do is cherry pick stats and listen to some loudmouth on TV or the radio who thinks that 40 gut is their pant size.

Portis is a true baller and the best runningback on the team. Anyone who can't see that might as well stick to Madden
Pocket$ $traight is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #95
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, since we're busting out the stats for Portis, I thought this was pretty interesting:

Since Portis has been here, it always seemed to me that he hasn't really put up the yardage against NFC East opponents, especially when we're playing away. So I thought I'd look it up. Turns out, I was right...

Going back to 2004, Portis has played a total of seven games away against Dallas, Philly and the G-strings. His average? 55 yards per game. Only once has rushed for over 100 yards against an NFC East rival outside of Fed Ex Field -- at Philly in 2005 (27 carries, 112 yards). Through 15 games in total in the NFC East, he averages a very modest 73 yards per game.

Now I'm not saying Portis wasn't worth it. He's a hell of a player, and it's hard to imagine what might have been without him. But if I had a critique of Portis, it would be this -- How he stacks up and performs against our biggest rivals in six of the most pivotal games of the year.
Those are some great stats...I did not know that. That is most certainly something to be concerned about.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #96
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Portis Isn't Going Anywhere! End Of Story! How in the Hell is this crap still going?
KLHJ2 is offline  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #97
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
Portis Isn't Going Anywhere! End Of Story! How in the Hell is this crap still going?
If he only plays say 8 games (like he did last year) and Betts goes over 100 regularly like he did last year, do you seriously think Portis will be here in 08?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #98
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
If he only plays say 8 games (like he did last year) and Betts goes over 100 regularly like he did last year, do you seriously think Portis will be here in 08?
To put it simply, YES! Because if he only plays 8 games he was hurt. Springs was not released this year was he? I'm done end of story.
KLHJ2 is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 AM   #99
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg View Post
To put it simply, YES! Because if he only plays 8 games he was hurt. Springs was not released this year was he? I'm done end of story.
But the key there is that we didn't have any depth at CB...in fact, even injured, he was still our best CB. If Portis gets hurt, Betts is a great back up. He's no Portis, granted, but he works very well in our system.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #100
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,094
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
But the key there is that we didn't have any depth at CB...in fact, even injured, he was still our best CB. If Portis gets hurt, Betts is a great back up. He's no Portis, granted, but he works very well in our system.

we cut portis we have no depth at RB and Grim that was gross and AMEN SS. Portis will return to form and will be here in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 01:33 AM   #101
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Um, no, I would want him to earn his check this year. That is what you call an exaggeration. I know that when you are 19 you think you know everything but basically the best part of you ran down your mom's leg. So study up and shut your mouth.
That comeback really sucked. I'm almost offended that no one called you out on it. Guess they are probably just used to it by now.

Irrelivant bickering aside, the carry limit for a running back to break down the next season seems to be consistent around 370 carries in a season. Larry Johnson just received more carries than any back in NFL history at 416 (his 2007 will demonstrate my point). 500 is way more than 416.

I'd really like to tell you that I can help your out with your verbal diahrehhea, but I really don't think there's a cure for thinking that Clinton Portis should carry the ball 500 times to "earn his check." That's just crazy talk.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 AM   #102
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,694
Re: Portis Says This Year Could Be Last With Skins.

On that note, locking this thread.

Tripp and Grim....well, you know
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31109 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25