Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ladell Betts...

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Ladell Betts...

I never ever bank on someone getting hurt and drafting the 2nd RB. Unless that person is Fragile Fred Taylor.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #17
The Starter
 
Redskin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,420
Re: Ladell Betts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I never ever bank on someone getting hurt and drafting the 2nd RB. Unless that person is Fragile Fred Taylor.
I don't know much about fantasy football... but I would say at this point, Portis is in the same league as Taylor.
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #18
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Ladell Betts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
I don't know much about fantasy football... but I would say at this point, Portis is in the same league as Taylor.
WOW. Portis has 4 healthy seasons, 3 of them with 1500 yards rushing and the other with 1300 and after ONE season shortened by injuries, you're comparing him to a guy who had only had 2 full seasons out of his 9 in the league?

That's as crazy as the Yahoo Week 1 rankings which put Portis as the 28th-ranked RB, behind "superstars" like Lamont Jordan (a Raider), Brandon Jacobs (splitting carries), Marion Barber (backup), DeShaun Foster (not healthy), Thomas Jones (not healthy all of preseason) and Brandon Jackson (Packer rookie backup RB who's been hurt in practice this week).

Week 1 Rankings: Running Back - Fantasy - Yahoo! Sports

It's crazy how people are underestimating Portis so much, he's still one of the better backs in the NFL and is 100% and ready to go. A lot of people are going to be eating their words when he has another monster season. He's only going to split carries with Betts in Week 1 as a precaution because he's been sitting out, not because he's hurt.


Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #19
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Ladell Betts...

Quote:
Clinton Portis-RB- Redskins Sep. 5 - 6:28 pm et




Clinton Portis practiced without limitations for Washington on Wednesday.
While Portis may split carries with Ladell Betts against Miami, he still makes for a workable RB2 play. Portis is likely to get the goal-line chances.



Quote:
Clinton Portis-RB- Redskins Sep. 3 - 7:23 pm et

Clinton Portis completed a "regular practice" on Monday and is believed to be close to fully recovered from his lingering bout with knee tendinitis.

Coach Joe Gibbs says Portis will "start off and he and Ladell (Betts) will take the load." Indications are that an early-season carry split is likely between Betts and Portis. That makes Portis a risky RB2 play vs. Miami in Week 1.

Source: redskins.com







Clinton Portis : Rotoworld.com - Clinton Portis Biography from Rotoworld.com
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,370
Re: Ladell Betts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
WOW. Portis has 4 healthy seasons, 3 of them with 1500 yards rushing and the other with 1300 and after ONE season shortened by injuries, you're comparing him to a guy who had only had 2 full seasons out of his 9 in the league?

That's as crazy as the Yahoo Week 1 rankings which put Portis as the 28th-ranked RB, behind "superstars" like Lamont Jordan (a Raider), Brandon Jacobs (splitting carries), Marion Barber (backup), DeShaun Foster (not healthy), Thomas Jones (not healthy all of preseason) and Brandon Jackson (Packer rookie backup RB who's been hurt in practice this week).

Week 1 Rankings: Running Back - Fantasy - Yahoo! Sports

It's crazy how people are underestimating Portis so much, he's still one of the better backs in the NFL and is 100% and ready to go. A lot of people are going to be eating their words when he has another monster season. He's only going to split carries with Betts in Week 1 as a precaution because he's been sitting out, not because he's hurt.


I like it... it sure seems to have CP pretty fired up to prove the doubters wrong.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #21
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,568
Re: Ladell Betts...

He also is going to have a passing game he can depend on meaning less people in the box.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Ladell Betts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
He also is going to have a passing game he can depend on meaning less people in the box.

Completely right. The Ds would look for us to run or throw screens before. Now with Campbell, our offense will be a lot more wide open. This will make Portis' job even easier than before. He ran for 1500 with people looking for him to run the offense, just imagine what he can do with an explosive passing game for them to watch out for.

Seriously, some of the guys ranked ahead of CP on that list I posted are a joke, even if he IS splitting carries. 15-20 carries by Portis will be a LOT more productive than 25-30 from guys like Marion Barber, Lamont Jordan or Brandon Jackson. The anti-Skins bias in the media (I have no idea why this exists) along with the Dallas worshipping is going to make a LOT of people look like complete fools by the end of the season.

Look:

Quote:
Sep 5 Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports Washington Redskins WR Santana Moss said he believes the offense can be very good this season and he can become a leader to help the offense improve. "I feel like this offense has a lot of opportunities for me to be a leader. As long as we can get together everything that is needed, as far as our timing and everything else, then we should be able to [play well] this year," Moss said.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21143 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25