Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Team Captains?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #16
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Team Captains?

I'm glad we're not using them. It's a nice idea but they're too big and ugly. Besides, it's a team sport anyways.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Team Captains?

Not to mention you shouldn't have to have a patch to be recognized who the "leader" on a team is. The players know who the true leaders are and listen to them patch or not.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,479
Re: Team Captains?

Captains, eh? When did we land in the great white north, eh? Does this C on my sweater make me look fat, eh?

That's fine and dandy that they are using this system, but dont' advertise it. It's like the dork who still wears his high school letterman's jacket in college...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Team Captains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Captains, eh? When did we land in the great white north, eh? Does this C on my sweater make me look fat, eh?

That's fine and dandy that they are using this system, but dont' advertise it. It's like the dork who still wears his high school letterman's jacket in college...
Totally unfair analogy, some letterman jackets happen to have a really good fit and theres nothing wrong with wearing them well after graduation? Wait...

I just realized that I totally peaked in high school. Damn
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
skinsWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cow-pukes Country
Age: 31
Posts: 191
Re: Team Captains?

from the game day photos on redskins.com Picture # 6

"Pierson Prioleau, making his return from a knee injury last year, was a team captain. (Don Wright Photo)"

Well thats 1 captain we know of
__________________
The views and opinions above do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of skinsWill or any of his affiliates. We do however acknowledge that he can be an ass and does likes to argue. Pomotional consideration paid for by the following...
skinsWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #21
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: Team Captains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Ive heard that its a team option to put the C on the uniforms. Im wondering if were not doing it because we have the 75th logo on the jerseys. I personally think its pretty gay. I think its awsome were not doing it. I dont see the reason why a player has to have somthing on his uniform to make himself different from the other players. How about we start putting stars on the helmets for each good play a guy makes like in high school. Just my personal opinion. It would be nice to have a list, or a annocement before each game of who the captins are.
Maybe it's my love of hockey, but I really like the "C" on the jersey. I think it's an added honor for the players. Carson Palmer said getting the C was as honorable as getting the Heisman Trophy. Don't know if I go that far, but I think it's cool.
rypper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Team Captains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
Maybe it's my love of hockey, but I really like the "C" on the jersey. I think it's an added honor for the players. Carson Palmer said getting the C was as honorable as getting the Heisman Trophy. Don't know if I go that far, but I think it's cool.
The captains in hockey, have rights and responsibilities, however. The main one that comes to my mind is that hockey captains are the only players on the ice that can communicate with the referees (if I'm not mistaken).

So are the NFL captains more than just ceremonial. If Ronnie Brown is grabbing Landry's jersey as he tries to get to the QB, can Landry say "Hey ref, keep an eye out on this guy. He's holding." Or does Priloeau have to be the one to go to the ref?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
JDALY27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 35
Posts: 271
Re: Team Captains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The captains in hockey, have rights and responsibilities, however. The main one that comes to my mind is that hockey captains are the only players on the ice that can communicate with the referees (if I'm not mistaken).

So are the NFL captains more than just ceremonial. If Ronnie Brown is grabbing Landry's jersey as he tries to get to the QB, can Landry say "Hey ref, keep an eye out on this guy. He's holding." Or does Priloeau have to be the one to go to the ref?
What RU talking about?
JDALY27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32578 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25