Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM   #106
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,146
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
Quote:
well why dont we go watch it in super slow mo 10 times....i will bet my life i saw what i saw and that you are wrong. 85 quit his route and then had to speed back up and could not get there in time to time his jump. think what you want boss but i know i am right, and to a man 85 would tell you himself. go watch it in super slow mo on HD again. the only thing is you arent watching the entire route, you are watching the last 10 yards at most in HD super slow mo. go tackle your wife buddy.
Don't make me come down there and teach you some manners!
I did see the entire route. I have what we call in the business a "Melt"
which is every single angle from the stadium. They will show maybe 2 or 3 on any given replay on network tv... A melt will have between 15 and 20 different angles including ISO's. Apparently you need to value your life more or drink and type less. I'm not going to argue with you anymore because you are clearly a fool. Ohh, and mention my wife again in that way and we will have a serious problem.
good point about the melts. I forgot about that. I should swing by and see it sometime.

Anyhow, let's just drop it and move on. And don't worry, he won't make any comments about your wife again
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #107
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 28
Posts: 8,606
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That picture makes it even worse for BL's case if you ask me, the ball is going right through his hands. Pathetic.
So? Moss dropped a ton, that hit his hands. Same with Smoot on the interception. That doesn't mean he didn't try. The argument here is that he just gave up on the catch and let it get picked off. He clearly didn't.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #108
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,146
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Props to Arkowi at ES for this. Doesn't show all that much leading up to the INT but it does show some lethargy on the part of Lloyd after the fact

http://www.arkowi.com/misc/skins/lloyint.mp4
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #109
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Hooskins made a great point, I don't see anyone jumping on Santana for all those drops, I sure am he KILLED my fantasy team.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #110
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
Hooskins made a great point, I don't see anyone jumping on Santana for all those drops, I sure am he KILLED my fantasy team.
He didn't kill my fantasy team, but his 3.5 fantasy points didn't help. I had him as my 2nd WR last week.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #111
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,444
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So? Moss dropped a ton, that hit his hands. Same with Smoot on the interception. That doesn't mean he didn't try. The argument here is that he just gave up on the catch and let it get picked off. He clearly didn't.
There's a big difference between Moss and Lloyd. Moss has proven himself here, Lloyd hasn't.

We're not going to jump on Moss for one lousy game. If it becomes a trend however he'll definitely catch heat.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #112
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 37
Posts: 12,623
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
There's a big difference between Moss and Lloyd. Moss has proven himself here, Lloyd hasn't.

We're not going to jump on Moss for one lousy game. If it becomes a trend however he'll definitely catch heat.
Moss normally has SICK hands. He had an awful day, and he'd probably be the first to admit it. In my mind it's an aberration until it becomes a trend. I hope both he and Cooley contribute a lot more in the passing game this week.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #113
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
Don't make me come down there and teach you some manners!
I did see the entire route. I have what we call in the business a "Melt"
which is every single angle from the stadium. They will show maybe 2 or 3 on any given replay on network tv... A melt will have between 15 and 20 different angles including ISO's. Apparently you need to value your life more or drink and type less. I'm not going to argue with you anymore because you are clearly a fool. Ohh, and mention my wife again in that way and we will have a serious problem.
well i am done arguing myself because today on redskin radio which i dont think you get in Conn. they were talking about how he quit on the route......enough said, sorry that the "melt" didnt pick that up. nothing like the ol naked eye. plus threating me doesnt help, only makes me reach deeper but in posts in other threads you said "i almost tackled my wife" in reference of your excitement. i am clearly a fool, i agree, i am extremely disliked on this board for a reason. my opinions are strong and most of the time right, and when i am not i own up. this arguing is over, sorry for you mistaking my comments on your wife....and well leave it at that



there you go smootsmack, no name calling and an apology, its a first for me........but just admit i am right
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #114
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Props to Arkowi at ES for this. Doesn't show all that much leading up to the INT but it does show some lethargy on the part of Lloyd after the fact

http://www.arkowi.com/misc/skins/lloyint.mp4
I used to think it was 50/50 Lloyd missed and campbell overthrew...now I am positive it was Campbell after seeing that replay. If you notice, the Dolphins defender was in front of Lloyd the whole time...so why "lead" Lloyd when he should have underthrown? Yes, Lloyd could have made the catch and missed it, but like some have already pointed out, it's not like Moss would have caught it. So it's more like 80% Campbell's fault. It's his job to get the ball in the bread basket of the WR. When you're playing catch with your buddy do you throw it 4 feet above his head or do you try to hit his "numbers"? Again, Lloyd missed it, but it would have been a tough catch for anyone.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #115
Special Teams
 
DGreene28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 335
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
well i am done arguing myself because today on redskin radio which i dont think you get in Conn. they were talking about how he quit on the route......enough said, sorry that the "melt" didnt pick that up. nothing like the ol naked eye. plus threating me doesnt help, only makes me reach deeper but in posts in other threads you said "i almost tackled my wife" in reference of your excitement. i am clearly a fool, i agree, i am extremely disliked on this board for a reason. my opinions are strong and most of the time right, and when i am not i own up. this arguing is over, sorry for you mistaking my comments on your wife....and well leave it at that



there you go smootsmack, no name calling and an apology, its a first for me........but just admit i am right
I apologize too... I think we just had a misunderstanding in the 1st place. You are not a fool as you clearly love the Redskins which makes you a smart man in my book.

I would definitely rather be at every game too, I was just utilizing my resources to disect to share my opinions about the play to add to the discussion. I look forward to agreeing and disagreeing with you on the future in a civilized manner.
__________________
Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical. - Calum Fisher
DGreene28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #116
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,506
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
But how about ARE is he still a bust?
See ARE was never really a bust. We just over-paid him. He was a difference maker for us last year...its not like came in and sucked. He did everything he was brought in to do, maybe even a little bit more....the problem is, we payed him boat loads of money to be a kick returner, gaget guy and #3 reciever, so I dont think its really fair to call him a bust.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #117
Camp Scrub
 
ArcticRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I used to think it was 50/50 Lloyd missed and campbell overthrew...now I am positive it was Campbell after seeing that replay. If you notice, the Dolphins defender was in front of Lloyd the whole time...so why "lead" Lloyd when he should have underthrown? Yes, Lloyd could have made the catch and missed it, but like some have already pointed out, it's not like Moss would have caught it. So it's more like 80% Campbell's fault. It's his job to get the ball in the bread basket of the WR. When you're playing catch with your buddy do you throw it 4 feet above his head or do you try to hit his "numbers"? Again, Lloyd missed it, but it would have been a tough catch for anyone.
I have to agree with jsarno here. After reviewing the video clip, I noticed Lloyd was trying some stop and go move. Lloyd is leaning back to stop with is ass end hanging out in the upper right hand corner of the vid. You can catch it just before the JC throws the ball. The clip does not place were the DB is when Lloyd makes this move, but with the way all the receivers sprinted off the line you have to think he had the edge on Lloyd.

After JC throws it, you cant see the Lloyd or the DB very well on the vid clip, but you can see the color blur of the of the two of them. The DB was ahead of Lloyd almost 2 full strides. JC threw it up and the DB had to slow down to get under it. Lloyd was able to catch up, but you can see he had to make a jump for it early to get under it in time to catch or have it get intercepted. The real knock on Lloyd, other than the jog after the interception that I see, is that the ball went THROUGH his hands to the DB behind him. As we all know if the ball hits the receivers in the hands, they have to catch it. Thats why they are in the NFL.

This has added some credibility back to Lloyd, but not much. The abysmal preformance and the temper tantrum last year puts him on a very short leash in my eyes.
ArcticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #118
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

I found this qoute from Llyod amusing....

"Any move that's made is for the betterment of the team," Lloyd said of Caldwell's arrival. As to his productivity, Lloyd said: "I can only put up production with the opportunities given to me, that's it." When asked if he had a desire to ask that more passes be thrown his way, Lloyd said no. He also said he required no clarification as to how the signing may affect his role. "I'm an established guy, too," he said.

Just because a team gives you a $10 million dollar signiong bonus does not mean you are an established player - a player needs to earn the respect of coaches and teammates through hard work, determination, desire and production - which in Llyod's case he has not done much of with the Redskins or 49ers.

The only thing Llyod has established is he is an expensive bust, one that if not for cap complications he would have already been cut from the team.

washingtonpost.com
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #119
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Are We Being Too Hard on Brandon Lloyd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Moss normally has SICK hands. He had an awful day, and he'd probably be the first to admit it. In my mind it's an aberration until it becomes a trend. I hope both he and Cooley contribute a lot more in the passing game this week.
And even if Santana was in a slump, there's no questioning his dedication to the team, work ethic, or where his head's at.

None of those things are true of Lloyd, and when you factor in the money he's being paid, that's completely unacceptable.
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30182 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25