Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #31
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,817
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

yeah I saw when we had 4 wide that Cooley was out there, so he's not seeing any playing time at all. That picture Cpayne posted illustrates it perfectly, he's not leaving soon so he's just gonna be in the doghouse all season. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't catch a single pass all season.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Well I think he's still ridin pine where he belongs.......sorry bastard! Until the end of the year....THEN GOOD BYE, THANKS FOR NOTHING.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
It's less about us caring for Lloyd and more about us being pissed that Gibbs gave up a 3rd and a 4th for this stiff. It isn't like his bad attitude wasn't common knowledge - I recall reading stuff about Lloyd pissing off teammates and coaches in San Fran. I would have preferred trading those picks and taking a chance on Randy Moss and his drama. Seems to have worked out OK for the Pats, and they only gave up a 4th.
I think they'd be more inclined to put up with his attitude if he knew what to do out on the field. Everything I've heard though says that he insisted on working out on his own this summer. That he needed to do things his way and for the coaches to just trust him. But he came back not knowing the playbook at all.

Lousy trade, no question about it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:01 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,365
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think they'd be more inclined to put up with his attitude if he knew what to do out on the field. Everything I've heard though says that he insisted on working out on his own this summer. That he needed to do things his way and for the coaches to just trust him. But he came back not knowing the playbook at all.

Lousy trade, no question about it
But how can he not know the playbook?? It's his 2nd year in the offense? He should know it like the back of his hand.

If I'm not mistaken, this offense is complicated for the QB, but not the Wr's. Basically he has 9 routes he has to learn and that's it. I'm sure there are adjustments and stuff but c'mon! I remember Joe T. and Al S. saying how easy it was for the WR's. So it's hard for me to believe that Lloyd does not know the playbook. Is that a rumor that's flying around?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #35
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Lousy trade, no question about it
That about says it all.

(you sound a little like Mark Schlereth there)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #36
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
But how can he not know the playbook?? It's his 2nd year in the offense? He should know it like the back of his hand.

If I'm not mistaken, this offense is complicated for the QB, but not the Wr's. Basically he has 9 routes he has to learn and that's it. I'm sure there are adjustments and stuff but c'mon! I remember Joe T. and Al S. saying how easy it was for the WR's. So it's hard for me to believe that Lloyd does not know the playbook. Is that a rumor that's flying around?
Behind the scenes, yeah that's the rumor. I mean I've heard it from enough reliable people that I would call it more than just a "rumor"

Though I will say that I've had a couple of people tell me that it's not so much that he doesn't know the playbook but that he refuses to abide by it. He believes his talent (and all these people insist that talentwise Lloyd is probably our best wide receiver) is what should dicate how we use him and the plays should conform to him, not vice-versa.

Bottom line is he can't or won't do what's asked. Everyone else is
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #37
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Behind the scenes, yeah that's the rumor. I mean I've heard it from enough reliable people that I would call it more than just a "rumor"

Though I will say that I've had a couple of people tell me that it's not so much that he doesn't know the playbook but that he refuses to abide by it. He believes his talent (and all these people insist that talentwise Lloyd is probably our best wide receiver) is what should dicate how we use him and the plays should conform to him, not vice-versa.

Bottom line is he can't or won't do what's asked. Everyone else is
Sounds like a cancer to me.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #38
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,365
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Behind the scenes, yeah that's the rumor. I mean I've heard it from enough reliable people that I would call it more than just a "rumor"

Though I will say that I've had a couple of people tell me that it's not so much that he doesn't know the playbook but that he refuses to abide by it. He believes his talent (and all these people insist that talentwise Lloyd is probably our best wide receiver) is what should dicate how we use him and the plays should conform to him, not vice-versa.

Bottom line is he can't or won't do what's asked. Everyone else is
Well if that's the case then he needs to go. Bring in Caldwell!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 AM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,606
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well if that's the case then he needs to go. Bring in Caldwell!
I'd be surprised if he's not active by the Lions game. He should be ready to play by then.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

I hope Caldwell is ready to play. I think he could be a big help to the offense. I'm not expecting him to put up big numbers but he can be a quick slant route or 3rd down threat.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

working on his flow...
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #42
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Behind the scenes, yeah that's the rumor. I mean I've heard it from enough reliable people that I would call it more than just a "rumor"

Though I will say that I've had a couple of people tell me that it's not so much that he doesn't know the playbook but that he refuses to abide by it. He believes his talent (and all these people insist that talentwise Lloyd is probably our best wide receiver) is what should dicate how we use him and the plays should conform to him, not vice-versa.

Bottom line is he can't or won't do what's asked. Everyone else is
It sounds like BL is the LaVar of WRs. Like LA, he does not want to be governed by the playbook and has too much talent for his own good.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Lloyd is officially the #4 WR now and he's clearly well on his way to being cut next offseason.

Caldwell should be ready for some snaps after the bye as the #3.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #44
Impact Rookie
 
Cowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bluffton, South Carolina
Posts: 803
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Randle El getting put at the #3. I don't want to over-work the guy. I think he could be a lot better on punt returns with fresh legs and would be able to play better longer. I think by week 9 we should start seeing Caldwell at #2.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Where the Hell is Brandon Lloyd?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowell View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Randle El getting put at the #3. I don't want to over-work the guy. I think he could be a lot better on punt returns with fresh legs and would be able to play better longer. I think by week 9 we should start seeing Caldwell at #2.
I don't see Caldwell overtaking ARE.

ARE has earned the job and has really played great for us so far.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34976 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25