Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Is Kurt Warner back?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #31
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Titans remaining schedule and my predictions:
Atlanta - W
@Tampa- L
@Houston- L
Oakland - W
Carolina - L
Jacksonville - L
@Denver - L
@Cincy - L
Houston - W
San Diego - L
@Kansas City - W
Jets - L
@Indy - L

There are a couple games that could go either way. If that goes exactly the way I say, they go 6-10. I actually think they will manage 7 wins. So they will likely steal a W in there somewhere.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
Campbell17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Age: 20
Posts: 642
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Leinhart is the futre for QB on that mediocre team, Warner is past his prime.
__________________
This time instead of some lousy joke, humerous comment, racial slur, or a famous quote, I will write small, and be the bigger person.
Campbell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:02 AM   #33
Special Teams
 
TheBigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 215
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I'm not referring to USC...college is an inferior league to the NFL (obviously). It means nothing to me. Some of the best players in college don't pan out in the NFL. Leinart still looks better throwing the ball than Young.
It is all relative, USC is has been the best team in college football for a while now.


Quote:
I disagree with that. I think Edgerran James is overrated now, and also, the O line of Tennessee is better. Yes, Leinart has better WR's, however they still need the ball thrown to them. If they were on Tennessee they would be in trouble cause Young over throws and under throws all the time.
Ok we both live in the DC area and watched Arizona play Baltimore. How come that same O line looked much better with Warner under center and got more points and had the chance to go to OT?


Quote:
You obviously didn't watch the jacksonville where they had two chances at easy chip shots but since Scobee was hurt, they had no kicker to kick for them...they had to go for it on the 20 yard line on 4th down. Had Scobee not been hurt, they would have lost to Jacksonville. Of course this is a whole lot of "what if", but it shows me Tennessee is a pretender.
Yeah, but Tennessee had to keep themselves in the game by not letting Jacksonville get into the end zone and score touchdowns. Why did the Jaguars have to kick FGs in the first place if it wasn't for the Titan's D?


Quote:
It's only Leinart's 2nd season, he's still pretty green behind the ears and so far he has proven that this year.
I agree with you, he needs time. That is why in my last post I said NOW, I would bench him when I have someone like Warner. Later he might turn out to be a great QB, but so far he hasn't shown anything to support that claim.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #34
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
It is all relative, USC is has been the best team in college football for a while now.
Don't care about college.

Quote:
Ok we both live in the DC area and watched Arizona play Baltimore. How come that same O line looked much better with Warner under center and got more points and had the chance to go to OT?
Who is "we both"? I don't live in the DC area.
To answer your question, I didn't watch that whole game, I have the NFL Sunday ticket and jump around when the Skins aren't on. I am unsure as to why they played better for Warner, maybe they realized they were underperforming.

Quote:
Yeah, but Tennessee had to keep themselves in the game by not letting Jacksonville get into the end zone and score touchdowns. Why did the Jaguars have to kick FGs in the first place if it wasn't for the Titan's D?
This logic doesn't make any sense. If the Cowboys are 4th and 5 on the 17, you're gonna kick a field goal right? Shit, what team wouldn't? The Jags COULDN'T because their kicker got hurt. Had he not got hurt or they had a back up kicker on the roster, the Titans would have lost. It's not like the Jags played well either.

Quote:
I agree with you, he needs time. That is why in my last post I said NOW, I would bench him when I have someone like Warner. Later he might turn out to be a great QB, but so far he hasn't shown anything to support that claim.
I'm really not that concerned about it, and could care less if he actually makes it. My issue is with how everyone thinks Young is the second coming of Jesus, and in actuality he's the second coming of somewhere between Vick and Kordell Stewart. (not the personal Vick...it does seem like Young is nice young man, while Vick is deplorable)

Although, I do find it interesting that you say that Leinart hasn't shown anything to support the claim that he will be good. His passing numbers beat out Young's.
I also have trouble jumping on anyone's bandwagon when it starts in Arizona. They are perennial losers, and Leinart would be better off with just about any team.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #35
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,501
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I'm not going to argue that. Although, if Grossman had Young's legs, he'd be a better QB. Look at the numbers, Grossman passes better. But since Grossman can't run, he's awful.
Look back at what I said. I separated his scrambling skills from his actual QB skills. We'll call them throwing skills. His scrambling is second to none, his throwing is one of the worst in the league.
I will strongly disagree with Grossman passes better. Grossman is a thrower, not a passer and there is a huge huge difference.

Scrambling is part of having good QB skills. Quarterbacking isn't just pure pocket passing. Some guys are playmakers, not just pure passers. I think Young is starting to really learning how to do both and that is why he was drafted above Leinart.

One telling stat about the guy is he has something like a 130 passing rating in the 4th q. Plus has 5 or 6 game winning drives. Plus the guy was voted team captain. All very impressive stuff for a 2nd year qb who doesn't even have a full season under his belt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #36
Special Teams
 
TheBigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 215
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Who is "we both"? I don't live in the DC area.
To answer your question, I didn't watch that whole game, I have the NFL Sunday ticket and jump around when the Skins aren't on. I am unsure as to why they played better for Warner, maybe they realized they were underperforming.
I doubt that is the reason, when Bledsoe was the QB, the O line for Dallas looked horrible, Romo came in and all of a sudden they are not that bad (talking about last year). Same thing could be said abour Burnell and Campbell.

Quote:
This logic doesn't make any sense. If the Cowboys are 4th and 5 on the 17, you're gonna kick a field goal right? Shit, what team wouldn't? The Jags COULDN'T because their kicker got hurt. Had he not got hurt or they had a back up kicker on the roster, the Titans would have lost. It's not like the Jags played well either.
Your logic doesn't make much sense either. All I am saying is, the Titans had a say in why they won the game. You say they went for it on 4th down. Why did they have to wait till the 4th down to convert. There were 3 other downs for them to get 10 yards, but the Titans stopped them.

Quote:
I'm really not that concerned about it, and could care less if he actually makes it. My issue is with how everyone thinks Young is the second coming of Jesus, and in actuality he's the second coming of somewhere between Vick and Kordell Stewart.
Neither am I, but I have to say that Young is better than both (as hard as it is for me to say that because I went to VT). No one thinks he is the second coming of Jesus, but he is a good player.

Quote:
Although, I do find it interesting that you say that Leinart hasn't shown anything to support the claim that he will be good. His passing numbers beat out Young's.
I also have trouble jumping on anyone's bandwagon when it starts in Arizona. They are perennial losers, and Leinart would be better off with just about any team
LOL, so what pretty much anyone's number could beat Young's, that is not saying much. The number that matters the most after it is all said and done is the Ws. I am not jumping on Young's or Leinarts bandwagon, but out of the two, Young is better.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #37
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I will strongly disagree with Grossman passes better. Grossman is a thrower, not a passer and there is a huge huge difference.
OK, even though you're splitting hairs there, I agree...he is a thrower, but don't think Young isn't either. Grossman threw for more yards, and td's, and the measuring stick is the comp% which Grossman was better. You already know that I feel Grossman stinks and deserves to be benched. While I do not think Young needs to be benched due ONLY to his ability to scramble, I do feel his passing / throwing is one of, if not the worst in the NFL. He's not accurate at all.

Quote:
Scrambling is part of having good QB skills. Quarterbacking isn't just pure pocket passing. Some guys are playmakers, not just pure passers. I think Young is starting to really learning how to do both and that is why he was drafted above Leinart.
I'll wait more than 3 games before I make that assessment. I only saw him play well vs the Saints, and 1 game won't make me change my mind. Maybe you're right though, and we'll see later. I will absolutely change my mind about him when I see him making the throws in the pocket that make a good QB a good QB. Let's be frank here...the game is centered around pocket passing. Look at Campbell...I LOVE this kid. He can throw in the pocket, and if NEED BE, he will then take off. That's what I want to see out of QB's, and that is what turns a scrambler into a good QB. Steve Young learned it, and McNabb learned it...Young needs to learn it too.

Quote:
One telling stat about the guy is he has something like a 130 passing rating in the 4th q. Plus has 5 or 6 game winning drives. Plus the guy was voted team captain. All very impressive stuff for a 2nd year qb who doesn't even have a full season under his belt.
Those are not "telling signs" when as you mention, he has less than one year under his belt. They are telling signs when he has a few years under his belt. All he needs to do is perform poorly in 2 games in the 4th, and those numbers look average at best.
He is most certainly a spark plug for the Titans, gotta give him that much, and he has been a part of several winning drives, which is great. But he can have 200 game winning drives, if he never makes / wins in the playoffs, no one will care. (time will tell on that one)
Mentally I am not sure he's ready for being a captain. Look at his preseason when he purposely didn't show up for practice, and then didn't go on the road with team instead staying in his own home...KNOWING what would happen...also the fight he got into in preseason. That's not a captain if you ask me...but who else will you give it to on offense there? Not many choices.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #38
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
I doubt that is the reason, when Bledsoe was the QB, the O line for Dallas looked horrible, Romo came in and all of a sudden they are not that bad (talking about last year). Same thing could be said abour Burnell and Campbell.
So why do you think that is?

Quote:
Your logic doesn't make much sense either. All I am saying is, the Titans had a say in why they won the game. You say they went for it on 4th down. Why did they have to wait till the 4th down to convert. There were 3 other downs for them to get 10 yards, but the Titans stopped them.
So you're saying that every team should be without a kicker, cause if they can't convert and score a TD on every possession they aren't as good as the other team? Teams have a kicker for a reason, and field goals are in the game for a reason. It's a big and valuable piece of the game...if you were a Skins fan, you'd realize that cause our kickers lost us many game in the past 3-10 years. I would think you would know that given that you had kicker troubles a couple years ago.

Quote:
Neither am I, but I have to say that Young is better than both (as hard as it is for me to say that because I went to VT). No one thinks he is the second coming of Jesus, but he is a good player.
Not yet he's not. He COULD be, but that's an "if" for another discussion. Trust me, the way the media exhaults this kid and the way he could do no wrong in Nashville...people think he's the second coming of Jesus alright. I am pretty sure he has a better head on his shoulders than most rookies though, so that bodes well for him.

LOL, so what pretty much anyone's number could beat Young's, that is not saying much. The number that matters the most after it is all said and done is the Ws. I am not jumping on Young's or Leinarts bandwagon, but out of the two, Young is better.[/QUOTE]

You definitely have a point, it's the W's. So what will you say if the Titans win only 6 or 7 games? (my prediction 8 max, but likely 7.)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

You know, MAYBE the fact that Archie Manning has been mentoring Leinart is the reason he has played poorly this year. LOL. Wrong guy to be mentoring you, he stunk!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
TheBigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 215
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
So why do you think that is?
It had to do with Romo and Campbell being more illusive and able to move around and know what to do with the ball instead of being scared and get happy feet and throw incompelitions. Warner made the O line for Arizona look better than the first half because of his knowledge and experience and delivered the ball on time and on target.



Quote:
So you're saying that every team should be without a kicker, cause if they can't convert and score a TD on every possession they aren't as good as the other team? Teams have a kicker for a reason, and field goals are in the game for a reason.....
NO I am not saying that, but I am saying that the Titan's D kept the team in the game and eventually won it. All you were saying is that they lucked out and won ONLY by being lucky. Young and the offense scored enough points and the defense stopped the opposing team enough to win them the game.



Quote:
Not yet he's not. He COULD be, but that's an "if" for another discussion. Trust me, the way the media exhaults this kid and the way he could do no wrong in Nashville...people think he's the second coming of Jesus alright....
Yeah the media does portray QB to be more than what they are, but that is the case with all QBs. You think Tom Brady will win as many games if he plays with the Browns. You said it before, it a team effort to win, but the media makes it sound like Manning, Brady, Palmer are the only reason why their team wins. I think it has to do with the QBs touching the ball almost every offensive posession.


Quote:
You definitely have a point, it's the W's. So what will you say if the Titans win only 6 or 7 games? (my prediction 8 max, but likely 7.)
Well, if that "8 max, but likely 7" W's are more than Leinart's what would you say then?
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #41
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
NO I am not saying that, but I am saying that the Titan's D kept the team in the game and eventually won it. All you were saying is that they lucked out and won ONLY by being lucky. Young and the offense scored enough points and the defense stopped the opposing team enough to win them the game.
While I don't disagree with you that it's a long game and there are many factors, some are bigger than others, and there is no doubt that if the Jags had a kicker, they would have went for those 2 field goals instead of HAVING to go for it on 4th in the redzone. So it's an extremely safe assumption to say that the Jags would have won had it not been for "luck". They were extremely lucky Scobee had a fluke injury during pre game kicks.

Quote:
Well, if that "8 max, but likely 7" W's are more than Leinart's what would you say then?
Hold up...I asked a question. You don't answer a question with a question. You answer mine, and I'll answer yours.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
Special Teams
 
TheBigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington DC area
Posts: 215
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Hold up...I asked a question. You don't answer a question with a question. You answer mine, and I'll answer yours.
If Young wins only "7 or 8 max" games, I wouldn't be surprised and SAY "well, I kinda expected that from a team with no talent to help Young."

Now it is your turn to answer my question which is the more likely scenario.
TheBigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:30 AM   #43
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Is Kurt Warner back?

Well, if that "8 max, but likely 7" W's are more than Leinart's what would you say then?

I would say, I don't care, cause like I mentioned, I don't care what Leinart does. I am saying Young is the most overrated QB in the league...While I think Leinart has more QB talent, it likely won't be seen for another year. To me this argument isn't about Leinart vs Young, to me it's all about trying to show people that Young really isn't as good as they think. If Leinart falls out of the NFL tomorrow, I won't lose a wink of sleep.

ps- Young has more talent on his team. Just cause the Cards have better WR's does not mean the team is better, the have very little else that is better than the Titans.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41817 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25