Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
No new threads for you
 
LaRon + Sean = Hell 4 U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Moneytown
Posts: 127
Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

I was concerned about last week game against the Eagles where we won but Moss & company dropped a lot of balls too many of them. I didn't see the Giants game until the last 2 minutes this regional bullshit had me watching the Falcons game. Where was Cooley in the game I saw he caught that TD in the first half but didn't he end up with only 2 or 3 receptions for like 19 yards. ARE had 2 receptions for 32 yards. Moss 3 receptions 82 yards only b/c he had that big play for 49 yards but still only 3 receptions. We averaged 3 receptions with our top playmakers in all honesty 3 of the 9 they came in the last drive that is scary. JC threw for only 190 yards to win without games going down to the wire he needs at least 250 to 300 yards a game. Gibbs go into the bye week and make the changes necessary to win. JC is improving every game don't shelter him allow him to be a playmaker place it in his hands.
LaRon + Sean = Hell 4 U is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,214
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Damn Straight Jack!
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

i completely agree with the assessment that we need to open it up...its disconcerting that we wait until we are behind to act with any urgency. Still- Gibbs will make it right...he has to- the man is not a failure.
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 788
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Yeah, but as JLC said, it seems like we did try and "open it up" in the second half last night. We barely ran the ball at all. It was just lack of execution. Those two consecutive incomplete passes to Moss that seemed to be miscommunication are a perfect example. Apparently either JC or Moss didn't know what route he was running. That is appalling! Hopefully we can fix those problems, and JC and his receivers will get on the same page. But at this point, Im not very hopeful.

What is it that makes a passing Offense click? I may be wrong, but it seemed like last year with Romo and the Cowboys, that the second he came in they just clicked. (Then again TO had trouble with catching his new qb's balls too). Why isn't it happening with JC yet? Is he just not as good as we hope he is? I love his poise, and the kid obviously has a cannon, but what is it that is holding him back so far? I know it takes some qb's awhile to settle in, but some Skins haters I know have put a seed of doubt in my mind about how good JC is versus how good we THINK he is.

I know I may sound crazy and rash, and that it is way too early to tell if this kid is legit, but I just don't get it. Does anyone have any insight into why one qb can step in and light a fire under people, and others seem to have to settle into it? And if the later is the case with JC how long do you think it will take?
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
NicknacK89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 184
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

after i had time to settle down after the game and look at it again, i do like the fact that gibbs still wanted to pound the run if it wasnt working great... the last 4 plays couldve been handled 10 times better but i like the run
NicknacK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Yeah, but as JLC said, it seems like we did try and "open it up" in the second half last night. We barely ran the ball at all. It was just lack of execution. Those two consecutive incomplete passes to Moss that seemed to be miscommunication are a perfect example. Apparently either JC or Moss didn't know what route he was running. That is appalling! Hopefully we can fix those problems, and JC and his receivers will get on the same page. But at this point, Im not very hopeful.

What is it that makes a passing Offense click? I may be wrong, but it seemed like last year with Romo and the Cowboys, that the second he came in they just clicked. (Then again TO had trouble with catching his new qb's balls too). Why isn't it happening with JC yet? Is he just not as good as we hope he is? I love his poise, and the kid obviously has a cannon, but what is it that is holding him back so far? I know it takes some qb's awhile to settle in, but some Skins haters I know have put a seed of doubt in my mind about how good JC is versus how good we THINK he is.

I know I may sound crazy and rash, and that it is way too early to tell if this kid is legit, but I just don't get it. Does anyone have any insight into why one qb can step in and light a fire under people, and others seem to have to settle into it? And if the later is the case with JC how long do you think it will take?
Romo rode the pine for three years under Parcells in Dallas before he got his shot. Some say well that just means he wasn't good enough to play. Others would realize this means he had three years to study, observe, and make mistakes in practice before he was thrown into game situations.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 788
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Romo rode the pine for three years under Parcells in Dallas before he got his shot. Some say well that just means he wasn't good enough to play. Others would realize this means he had three years to study, observe, and make mistakes in practice before he was thrown into game situations.
Okay, I did not know that. I was just thinking about it after I posted and realized I couldn't think of a single qb that came in his first year or two starting and was crazy good right off the bat. So I guess Im premature in worrying. Im just a little jaded after watching our previous "qb's of the future" come in and flop, and as a result I am getting apprehensive watching JC struggle so much. I will say he looks more promising then any other qb I've watched come through Washington, but I am still worried.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

i am concerned about chris cooley's role. i saw him in pass protection a few times, which really i dont hate, i just think the less the better. when he protects he isnt running a route and i think he is more dangerous than moss. hear me out though on this. moss commands a safety and a corner to him to help prevent the big play. cooley when active in the passing game will command linebackers, safeties, and even corners when he is lined up outside. cooley helps give santana the ability to up top, he commands so much attention in the middle of the field that it leaves one on ones on the outside. chris cooley needs to be a bigger part of the offense and i believe he will be, he always starts slow then they get him heavily involved. i really hope though that he is more of the offense in the coming weeks, because the running game and tight end go hand and hand....thats who we are run first.
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Special Teams
 
bertoskins2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 40
Posts: 260
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

does the thick saunders playbook does not have a shotgun offense
bertoskins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
i am concerned about chris cooley's role. i saw him in pass protection a few times, which really i dont hate, i just think the less the better. when he protects he isnt running a route and i think he is more dangerous than moss. hear me out though on this. moss commands a safety and a corner to him to help prevent the big play. cooley when active in the passing game will command linebackers, safeties, and even corners when he is lined up outside. cooley helps give santana the ability to up top, he commands so much attention in the middle of the field that it leaves one on ones on the outside. chris cooley needs to be a bigger part of the offense and i believe he will be, he always starts slow then they get him heavily involved. i really hope though that he is more of the offense in the coming weeks, because the running game and tight end go hand and hand....thats who we are run first.
I think Cooley in to pass protect is a big concern. A result, unfortunately, of losing both Jansen and Thomas. Particularly Thomas. They definitely need to figure out a way to correct this and use him to his strengths, which is as a receiver.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
i am concerned about chris cooley's role. i saw him in pass protection a few times, which really i dont hate, i just think the less the better. when he protects he isnt running a route and i think he is more dangerous than moss. hear me out though on this. moss commands a safety and a corner to him to help prevent the big play. cooley when active in the passing game will command linebackers, safeties, and even corners when he is lined up outside. cooley helps give santana the ability to up top, he commands so much attention in the middle of the field that it leaves one on ones on the outside. chris cooley needs to be a bigger part of the offense and i believe he will be, he always starts slow then they get him heavily involved. i really hope though that he is more of the offense in the coming weeks, because the running game and tight end go hand and hand....thats who we are run first.
I saw Cooley, Moss & El open on a bunch of plays that JC ended up dumping the ball off for a short gain. I still think JC is going to be good but right now he is not seeing the field and that cost us as much as anything in Sundays loss. If you think back JC has averaged around 200 yards this year and has had atleast one big play each game to account for 1/4 of those yards and in the Miami game he had 50 yards on a batted down hail marry to go with a long pass to moss which 2 plays counted for 1/2 of his yards. We just have to remember that he is young and its going to take sometime to get things going.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,069
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think Cooley in to pass protect is a big concern. A result, unfortunately, of losing both Jansen and Thomas. Particularly Thomas. They definitely need to figure out a way to correct this and use him to his strengths, which is as a receiver.
I heard Cooley say during an interview that he was called upon to block Strahan on 12 different occasions, sometimes one-on-one which didn't go too well toward the end. His real value is as a receiver. Gibbs must come up with a way to pass that load to someone else, perhaps Yoder or one of the WRs cracking back on the DE. I know we have OL injuries, but I rarely see Jason Garrett keeping Whitten in to pass block.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #13
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,085
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

All TE's have to block at some point.

Unfortunately our situation on the right side is handcuffing our ability to send Cooley out on pass patterns as much as we'd like to.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #14
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
All TE's have to block at some point.

Unfortunately our situation on the right side is handcuffing our ability to send Cooley out on pass patterns as much as we'd like to.
They kept Cooley in alot to pass protect. Cooley is decent in pass protection unfortunately for us though, he was one on one w/ Strahan for at least several plays last week. Not a good scenario. I don't know of any TE in the NFL that can match up one on one w/ Strahan. I'm not sure if he got a sack but I know he got a couple pressures.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #15
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,495
Re: Passing Offense Statistics.......Fix It Gibbs

I agree with everything but the qualifier for Santana's performance. That wasnt a specialty play. Santana earned that.
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32835 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25