Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #16
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

The problem is this, the people that agree with this thread are the same people saying "A win is a win, and ignore everything else." A win is a win, and I will definitely take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day, but you still have to look at what your team is or WASN'T doing. We have some deep rooted problems that need to be worked out, and I feel a lot of it comes from the play calling and mentality standpoint. To me, it seems like we don't have the killer instinct, or drive to finish people. Gibbs big thing is he never wants to embarrass other teams. I don't care if another team is embarrassed, any chance you get you score points and lots of them. Notice how we always seem to do well in the first half, then the 2nd half we always end up doing terrible? I prefer the Redskins to be losing games going into the 2nd half, it's the only way our offense actually tries to score.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #17
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,462
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

I wonder if last years savior, Sean Payton is now the N.O village idiot?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #18
Special Teams
 
squrrelco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norfolk
Age: 39
Posts: 429
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

I was a fan when we won three super bowls and I was a fan when we lost 13 games...I'm still a fan now, and will always be no matter what. Gibbs may or may not have made a mistake, but he's a HOF coach, unless anyone else on here can boast those kind of credentials I would suggest you lay off the F-Gibbs bandwagon, I'm not saying don't criticise, just remember, he's been doing it a lot longer and better than you have.
__________________
I got nothin'
squrrelco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #19
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,830
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
Bah jooo positive people!! fire Gibbs - look at how well San Diego is doing after getting rid of Marty Ball!!!

Seriously; this is going to be a good team. The PLAYERS had a lack of intesity comming out of the locker room at the half, that was the difference.

We have a shot at being line up for a run at the playoffs in november and december, and that is all you can ask for. BTW our shedule is no joke.

Peace

I know the problem with SD. I will only use his intials " Norv Turner". Enough said.
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
The problem is this, the people that agree with this thread are the same people saying "A win is a win, and ignore everything else." A win is a win, and I will definitely take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day, but you still have to look at what your team is or WASN'T doing. We have some deep rooted problems that need to be worked out, and I feel a lot of it comes from the play calling and mentality standpoint. To me, it seems like we don't have the killer instinct, or drive to finish people. Gibbs big thing is he never wants to embarrass other teams. I don't care if another team is embarrassed, any chance you get you score points and lots of them. Notice how we always seem to do well in the first half, then the 2nd half we always end up doing terrible? I prefer the Redskins to be losing games going into the 2nd half, it's the only way our offense actually tries to score.
"Killer Instinct" is the new "We need a General Manager" Everyone says but has no clue what they're saying. We passed the ball (too much in my opinion), and passed deep with a 14-3 lead. We didn't complete the passes and that allowed the Giants to creep back into the game. That's not lack of killer instinct, that's lack of execution.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #21
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,009
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I'm not panicing at all. I know we have a good team. I am pissed about the fact we lost to the giants, but that in no way means I am in panic mode.
I am also pissed that (regardless of the way some people saw a different game) we played extremely conservative in the second half. Hopefully the coaching staff will also see the error of their ways and make adjustments.
I guess we'll find out vs the Packers.
We still have a good team, and have good talent. I also look at it like this (now that I am calmed down), if before the season started, someone said we would be 2-1 at the bye week, we'd all take it. Every last one of us. We are where we should be, and we're in good shape.
This is pretty much how I feel: pissed off but not panicked. I just hope we come out of the bye week and stick it to the Lions.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I also look at it like this (now that I am calmed down), if before the season started, someone said we would be 2-1 at the bye week, we'd all take it. Every last one of us. We are where we should be, and we're in good shape.
So why not wait until you've calmed down to post? This applies to everyone, not just you

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/playb...an-help-3.html

7. Step Away From The Computer. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. After a loss everyone wants to jump on the site, which is great but often times (most times) emotions overrule coherence and cause the most tension on this site. The site will still be here tomorrow, take a day to regroup then come back and post sensibly.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,224
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

I dont think it was the loss that got to everyone, It was the way that we lost. But whatever I said my piece on it now I am looking towards the Lions game. Hopefully the Rams can pull an upset on the Cowboys which seems impossible seeing that Steven Jackson is not playing.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #24
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I dont think it was the loss that got to everyone, It was the way that we lost. But whatever I said my piece on it now I am looking towards the Lions game. Hopefully the Rams can pull an upset on the Cowboys which seems impossible seeing that Steven Jackson is not playing.
Exactly....its not that we lost, its that we lost like that...and its becoming all too fimiliar for Redskins fans, especially us who are a bit younger and never got to experiance the "glory years"....it just seems like this happens year, after year, after year so I dont get why people are "idiots" or "not fans" when they are basically trained to think this way becuase the team does this over and over and over again?
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #25
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,014
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Winning cures everything. Regroup and come back after the bye and play Redskin football and all will be fine.
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Exactly....its not that we lost, its that we lost like that...and its becoming all too fimiliar for Redskins fans, especially us who are a bit younger and never got to experiance the "glory years"....it just seems like this happens year, after year, after year so I dont get why people are "idiots" or "not fans" when they are basically trained to think this way becuase the team does this over and over and over again?
One example of "not fans" "Not fans" are the ones who are nowhere to be found after the first 2 wins of the season, and then bitch and moan after this loss.

And how would you want us to lose?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #27
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
One example of "not fans" "Not fans" are the ones who are nowhere to be found after the first 2 wins of the season, and then bitch and moan after this loss.

And how would you want us to lose?
I want us to lose when were not the best team on the feild...I think the reason we get so frustrated by these losses...is they are rarley that we get outplayed, and rarley do we face teams with more talent...clearly we came out of the locker room..it wasent a back and fourth and back and fourth game..we DOMINATED that team for a half, and then decided not to play anymore, just watch. We choked. I can deal with losses just fine when we are clearly outplayed or just cant match-up with teams...if/when we play New England, and we lose ..i'll be pretty accepting of that because they're a better football team... I dont think the New York Giants are not a better football team than us, and they werent better than us really on Sunday, but we let it get away...just like I'll be Irate if we lose to the Lions or Cardinals at home...they're no better than we are, were at home, were supposed to have a HOF head coach, and the best offensive/defensive coordinators in the league..... In my opinion that sucks.

I've said it about a hundred times the past 3 days...Good Football teams NEVER EVER blow a 14 point lead at home, to the worst freaking defense in football.

And this is directed to no one inperticular...but the next person who puts "Fans" in the word quotes, I'm going to flip out on...because if people feel that strongly about this stuff and have been in a crappy mood all week and were pissed off after the game clearly care a little bit....I'm sick of freaking losing, and acting like people are hoping that things go bad is just ignorant.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Would people have been more happy about the state of our team had we been totally dominated in both halves? Sometimes I think the answer might be yes.

As for our previous wins not being "good wins," I'd like to see us blow teams out of the water but we're simply not dominant enough to do that. Moreover, I think we should be given some credit for winning in OT, particularly when we are giving the team so much flak for narrowly losing. Finally, I think that our victory against the eagles by more than 7 points deserves some praise, particularly in light of what the Eagles did last week to the Lions.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I want us to lose when were not the best team on the feild...I think the reason we get so frustrated by these losses...is they are rarley that we get outplayed, and rarley do we face teams with more talent...clearly we came out of the locker room..it wasent a back and fourth and back and fourth game..we DOMINATED that team for a half, and then decided not to play anymore, just watch. We choked. I can deal with losses just fine when we are clearly outplayed or just cant match-up with teams...if/when we play New England, and we lose ..i'll be pretty accepting of that because they're a better football team... I dont think the New York Giants are not a better football team than us, and they werent better than us really on Sunday, but we let it get away...just like I'll be Irate if we lose to the Lions or Cardinals at home...they're no better than we are, were at home, were supposed to have a HOF head coach, and the best offensive/defensive coordinators in the league..... In my opinion that sucks.

I've said it about a hundred times the past 3 days...Good Football teams NEVER EVER blow a 14 point lead at home, to the worst freaking defense in football.

And this is directed to no one inperticular...but the next person who puts "Fans" in the word quotes, I'm going to flip out on...because if people feel that strongly about this stuff and have been in a crappy mood all week and were pissed off after the game clearly care a little bit....I'm sick of freaking losing, and acting like people are hoping that things go bad is just ignorant.
Well, you and I both know there are people on this board who want to do nothing but complain. We've discussed this. Maybe they're fans, but they are fairweather to say the least. It's total bull in my opinion to imply (and I don't think you in particular are doing this) that you have to start threads like "Joe Must Go" to show that you care. You think I'm happy we lost? Of course I'm not

Of course it sucks that we lost to a team we should have beaten. By the same token, it was awesome that went on the road against a division opponent and won a game we were expected to lose. How quickly we forget that though. We didn't get it done. We (as I've pointed out in I think three other threads) had the same approach as the Patriots with a two score lead. They executed, we did not. We had the chance to go 3-0 into the bye week (and 2-0 against the NFC East) and we didn't. Instead, we're "only" 2-1.

Those of us who aren't ready to hang ourselves, aren't happy we lost. We're just not going to fold on the season because one bad loss. Not saying you are. But this is (as someone else pointed out) reminiscent of that terrible loss to Oakland two years ago where afterward half the board wanted to jump off a cliff.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #30
Camp Scrub
 
TampaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Riverview, FL
Posts: 68
Re: F...Ignorant, Panic-Stricken "Fans"

2-1 is roughly equal to 10-6 or 11-5 at the end of the season...that means playoffs, folks...we'll be fine...
TampaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38664 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25