Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Taylor - What is up with this moron?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 11:40 AM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,412
basically he needs an agent, and smoot to be his media correspondent. then all he has to worry about is playing the game. The agent gets him the money, and Smoot does all the talking.

As a side note, there is this park bench near one of the classrooms that a lot of the football players always hang out at before class... lol. But most of them dont do any drugs, atelast not during the season. They know whats at risk. They dont usually even party during the season.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2004, 11:45 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
Drift Reality's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 506
I think people who are forming negative opinions based on the media's perspective of Taylor need to take a step back and think about the situation.

Stop reading journalist's perspectives on Taylor (who are biased because he hasn't been giving them the sound bites they want) and focus on the fact that he got to camp on time, has been very active in signing autographs and engaging with fans, and has had complimentary things said about him by other players.
Drift Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:36 PM   #18
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
I'm not really worried about his agents so much as the fact that Len P. (while I consider him an asshole and find him hard to believe) reported that Sean Taylor has looked altogether bad. That worries me. I don't care that he fires agents and I thought he might be upset about his deal when other teams went outside of their damn minds for Fitzgerald and Manning. Anyway, he plays safety and he got a great deal for a safety. I just hope he ends up starting for the Skins because I don't think he was selected fifth overall to back up Andre Lott for his first season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
JoeCrisp
Very well put!!! I guess thinking back to that time when I was that age, some of the choices I made were not wise but I learned. I am sure he will show us on the field. At least lets hope because I think the last great saftey we had was Ken Houston and that was ages ago. But I wish that he would have more class then some of the reporters and politley say "No comment" The questionning at the conference by the reporters was non combative as Mr. Gibbs was there and the reporters no better then to piss him off. So I think with time and experience we hopefully will see a kindier and more gentlier Mr. Taylor.
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:23 PM   #20
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I'm not really worried about his agents so much as the fact that Len P. (while I consider him an asshole and find him hard to believe) reported that Sean Taylor has looked altogether bad. That worries me. I don't care that he fires agents and I thought he might be upset about his deal when other teams went outside of their damn minds for Fitzgerald and Manning. Anyway, he plays safety and he got a great deal for a safety. I just hope he ends up starting for the Skins because I don't think he was selected fifth overall to back up Andre Lott for his first season.
I haven't seen anything about Taylor's play thus far that would make me say he looks "bad". I've actually been pretty impressed with his burst to the ball. He's still adjusting to the conditioning aspect of these practices (which are fast-paced and intense, not to mention unbearably HOT!), as well as adapting to the speed and complexity of the game. That's why Andre Lott has been ahead of him on the depth chart so far.

I also think people need to give Lott a little credit here. Lott has shown that he has excellent coverage skills, displaying the speed and fluidity of a cornerback, and the ability to run step-for-step with receivers on deep patterns.

Perhaps rather than asking why Taylor is second on the depth chart (last I checked, he's still a rookie, playing for a very demanding defensive coach), folks should be asking why Ohalete has fallen all the way back to third, behind both Lott and Taylor. That's the real mystery of camp. Right now, nobody really has an explanation for it, and Ohalete certainly hasn't been forthcoming with any answers himself.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:34 PM   #21
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
THE GUY IS A ROOKIE!!!

That's all we need to know. He's going to adjust sooner or later, but it takes time. Guys we need to be a little more patient with this kid. He's made some mistakes, but at least he hasn't held out during camp like Winslow. He's got the best coaching staff to guide and support him....not to mention the players ( Portis, Arrington two pro bowlers ) on his side. He is a freaking kid. Let him learn from his mistakes.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:12 PM   #22
Camp Scrub
 
frogprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 62
Posts: 33
Re: Joe Crisp

As usual, you have taken all the comments and made sense of them. You base your comments on fact. Thank you for your voice of reason, once again.
frogprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I'm not really worried about his agents so much as the fact that Len P. (while I consider him an asshole and find him hard to believe) reported that Sean Taylor has looked altogether bad. That worries me. I don't care that he fires agents and I thought he might be upset about his deal when other teams went outside of their damn minds for Fitzgerald and Manning. Anyway, he plays safety and he got a great deal for a safety. I just hope he ends up starting for the Skins because I don't think he was selected fifth overall to back up Andre Lott for his first season.
This is pretty hard to understand. First you say Len P. is an a-hole and not believable, then you say you are WORRIED because Len P. says Taylor has looked bad. Well, everything else I've seen in print says he has looked damn good. Think about what you are saying here. Why would a statement by an unbelievable guy, that is in conflict with all other observers, make you worry??

All of the other criticism about Taylor seems to be about his Off-The-Field issues, and has been ridiculously overblown.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Just wondering...

Maybe that day that Sean Taylor missed at the NFL Rookie Seminar was the day they explained how guys should choose their agents...?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,412
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #26
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,256
man, check out this article ripping Taylor a new one, I'm starting to see why this kid has such a dislike for the media. With crap like this, do they expect him to ever talk?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sport...5931-1058r.htm
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #27
The Starter
 
monk81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,029
Coming from a high profile college you'd think he'd be used to the media and pressure...but I guess the NFL is different
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #28
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,412
what media did he have to get used to in miami. ALl the media said was that teh opposing team would be stupid to even consider passing the ball. Thats literally how good he was last year. Whenever I saw a ball thrown, I just knew that he would alteast bat it down or make the tackle. He was always around the ball. Now hes not getting everything to go his way for the first time and he doesnt like it. I just hope he performs. I dont care if he wants money because he is so good. Portis was due to make what, a million this year. But he definitly played well enough to get the big pay check. lets hope Taylor does the same.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
Hogskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hartselle, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk81
Coming from a high profile college you'd think he'd be used to the media and pressure...but I guess the NFL is different :shrug
With the kind (and AMOUNT) of pure crap they are writing about him, I don't think ANYONE gets "used" to it. Some people hide it better than others, but even mild cuts in the media are very painful to virtually everyone. This stuff is mostly uncalled for. It is outrageous that they are slamming this kid so hard. They are supposed to be writing about SPORTS, not a gossip column!!! Makes me want to support him more than ever. Those elite media pr*cks like Boswell are just spewing hatred because they can't stand it that he won't talk to them. I hope he never does talk to THAT a-hole.
__________________
John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The BEST Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #30
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
The reason I bought into what Len P was saying is because I hadn't heard much else from Redskins camp. Lenny was saying that Taylor couldn't make a play, I was wondering if that was the case. I may have jumped to some conclusions before that post and since reading afterward can admit that it wasn't really what I had intended to say. I was more looking for an update on how Sean Taylor was doing, if he was really playing poorly and if he was I would have been a little concerned then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31556 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25