Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hello, new to the Warpath.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
Camp Scrub
 
Cowboyhater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore
Age: 40
Posts: 16
Hello, new to the Warpath.

Hello everyone. I just came across this forum. I'm looking forward to talking Redskins football with everyone. Just a little about me. I grew up in Hyattsville, MD been a Skins fan all my life. I live in Baltimore now and I proudly wear my Skins gear around town to irk Ravens fans. Any Skins fans in Baltimore here?

I love this team and its history. My formative years were during the first Gibbs era. What a time to be a kid when your favorite team was a winner.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!
Cowboyhater is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
SKINSnCANES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Age: 32
Posts: 5,421
welcome, glad to have you on the board.
__________________
"I'm used to winning, coming from the University of Miami. " Clinton Portis
SKINSnCANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #3
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 62
Posts: 1,812
Cowroidhater!

__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
Impact Rookie
 
SeasonTicketHolder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 549
Hey, Hyattsville, huh, I'm very close to there.
SeasonTicketHolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
huntz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 311
Welcome aboard. Anybody who goes by the handle Cowboyhater is OK with me!
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #6
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,086
Welcome aboard.....


Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
Winskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wheaton, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 282
Welcome, and may we all learn to hate the cowboys as much as cowboy hater
Winskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #8
Camp Scrub
 
Cowboyhater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore
Age: 40
Posts: 16
Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad you guys like the name.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!
Cowboyhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #9
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyhater
Hello everyone. I just came across this forum. I'm looking forward to talking Redskins football with everyone. Just a little about me. I grew up in Hyattsville, MD been a Skins fan all my life. I live in Baltimore now and I proudly wear my Skins gear around town to irk Ravens fans. Any Skins fans in Baltimore here?

I love this team and its history. My formative years were during the first Gibbs era. What a time to be a kid when your favorite team was a winner.

What part of Baltimore? I am in the city itself, across the street (literally) from what was Memorial Stadium.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
Camp Scrub
 
Cowboyhater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore
Age: 40
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin
What part of Baltimore? I am in the city itself, across the street (literally) from what was Memorial Stadium.
I'm not far from you. I'm in Wyman Park just off the Hopkins campus just in between of Roland Park and Hampden. Walk down The Avenue with a Skins shirt on I guaruntee you will get a comment from a Ravens fan. One time a guy told me I was in enemy territory. My response was "Is this Dallas!"
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!
Cowboyhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:58 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,330
Welcome, nice handle! You'll make some quick friends with that name!
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:05 PM   #12
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyhater
I'm not far from you. I'm in Wyman Park just off the Hopkins campus just in between of Roland Park and Hampden. Walk down The Avenue with a Skins shirt on I guaruntee you will get a comment from a Ravens fan. One time a guy told me I was in enemy territory. My response was "Is this Dallas!"

Wow, you're maybe 2 miles from me, if that.

LOL, your comment about the Avenue sounds about right. Ravens fans can be downright ignorant when it comes to the 'Skins. A couple of years ago, I was in the hospital, 4 hours out of major surgery, and this male nurse starts ragging on me for being a skins fan (it was football season and my wife had brought me a Skins shirt to wear). Barely able to speak at that point, I asked if he had been to the state pen to root for his team.

I don't know if the rest of the board knows this but Baltimore fans consider the Redskins as one of their biggest rivalries, right up there with the Browns and Steelers. Last time they played us the local columnists called it a "must win" game for the city's fans.

Ravens fans just HATE the skins and what really pisses them off is that we just could care less about the Ravens. LOL.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:40 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin

Ravens fans just HATE the skins and what really pisses them off is that we just could care less about the Ravens. LOL.
funnny how the Ravens don't even show up on Skins' Fans' radars. if any ever get testy tho, we can always show them this....

http://www.spawn.com/news/news1.aspx?id=12406
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
that's awesome... why is ray grabbing his crouch though? thats a bit dirty...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:41 AM   #15
Camp Scrub
 
Cowboyhater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore
Age: 40
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin

LOL, your comment about the Avenue sounds about right. Ravens fans can be downright ignorant when it comes to the 'Skins. A couple of years ago, I was in the hospital, 4 hours out of major surgery, and this male nurse starts ragging on me for being a skins fan (it was football season and my wife had brought me a Skins shirt to wear). Barely able to speak at that point, I asked if he had been to the state pen to root for his team.

I don't know if the rest of the board knows this but Baltimore fans consider the Redskins as one of their biggest rivalries, right up there with the Browns and Steelers. Last time they played us the local columnists called it a "must win" game for the city's fans.

Ravens fans just HATE the skins and what really pisses them off is that we just could care less about the Ravens. LOL.
The Ravens have new black jerseys all they need now are white stripes on them.
I went to the Skins/Ravens preseason game last year and the Ravens fans were out in force. I sat in front of two of them and we got to into some smack talking (they were noticbily quiet after Ramsey's flee flicker TD pass to Coles, which he caught over Ray Lewis) it turned out that I was heading back home to Baltimore and they were going home just down the road in Bowie. It will be quite an exciting buildup to the regular season game that week.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!
Cowboyhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27488 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25